May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #401

Just stopping by quickly to say why I’ve been AWOL, my dad passed away suddenly Wednesday. I fasted from Tuesday night to Friday because I couldn’t eat. I am so grateful I know how to fast safely and was unharmed, of course, at this terrible sad and stressful time. Fasting is an invaluable tool to me and this was the pinnacle of its helpfulness. I’m so grateful I have keto and no urges to stray, keeping keto helps me feel healthy and calm while the chaos happens. I’ll be back when I have a free moment. I miss my regular life and my keto krew.

(Allie) #402

@LizinLowell I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, sending you much love at this difficult time :sparkling_heart:

(back and doublin' down) #403

deepest condolences. will look forward to your return and your sage wisdom.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #404

@LizinLowell I’m sorry for your loss!

(Candy Lind) #405

So sorry for your loss, Liz! :cry:

{{{:hugs: :hugs: FIERCE HUGS :hugs: :hugs:}}}

Peace be with you.

(Ron) #406

Condolences Liz!!!:hugs:

(Susan) #407

Doing my own version of a 5-day (maybe) egg fast. But I’m pretty much making up my own rules. Just getting off a 6-day regime of steroids and it definitely messed me up.

(Candy Lind) #408

If she’s not already in the Dogs thread, go show her off!

sorry to hear that sad news, thinking of you…

(Steve) #410

So sorry for your loss Liz!! It’s horrible losing a parent, no matter how you prepare. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #411

So sorry to hear this sad news. It’s a very difficult thing to bear, but I’m glad that you know how to really take care of yourself so that you have the stamina to physically get through it.

Ended my fast this morning- 36hrs instead of the 48 I was thinking of doing- got disturbed last night & couldn’t sleep, so was up at 3am. Obviously not at my best today! I’ve felt more drained recently, not got the energy I had with keto a few weeks ago. I’m having more salt, plus magnesium tablets, not sure if it’s down to electrolytes or the longer fasting? I’m nearly at goal weight, was trying to shift the last few pounds with extra fasts, with eating at weekends… anyone else found this?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #413

I need to get back on the horse. I really want to. I’m certain my weekly fasts Monday through Friday will be a piece of cake once I crack the 48 hrs mark once more and remind myself how awesome this feela.
Started yesterday around 4pm. Heading towards 20 hrs now.

(Lisa F) #414

So so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences.

(Owen) #415

Good job

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #416

Yay! almost at my 36hr goal :tada:. I’m not hungry at all. Eating today, fasting again tomorrow.

(back and doublin' down) #417

Set to start my first EF tomorrow, hoping to enjoy the day 3 buzz on Friday and tackle a big storage cleaning project over the weekend.

So I expected to feed yesterday and today in prep for going into the non-eating days. I’m just not hungry. Ate a nice lunch yesterday (chicken thighs and an avocado) and come dinner time got down about 3 oz of ground meat and 1/3 of an avocado. Still feeling stuffed this morning. Am I shrinking my stomach? (or is that a myth?) well fat adapted? My portions keep getting smaller, a NSV?

Been lurking all month, doing some IFs and looking forward to the next 5-7 days! I can do this because of the continued sharing from others here and motivation to heal what I suspect is a very big mess of my digestive track.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #418

the stomach shrinking is a myth. It surely is more hormonal (better grhelin control)
let’s hang in there together. (I had to swear myself not to go to the "What did you keto today until the end of the week :sweat_smile:)

Has someone else noticed that they can not drink huge gulps of water on fasting days compared to eating days?
I find i manage to hurt my esophagus while swallowing rather easily then.
I am used to chug my water like a horse, so I always have to keep that in mind when fasting.

Very sorry for your loss. :heart:

(back and doublin' down) #420

Deal!

Off to research ghrelin.