Matthead Pizza. Dare I say it?

fathead
pizza
carlshead

I made this last night, but since I am dairy sensitive, I left out the cream cheese. I also avoid artificial sweeteners in my recipe. My topping was soft liver pate which was easy to spread and spices of course. Drizzle good olive oil on top and you are in biz!

Soft liver pate
yummers
drooling
:yum:

I am having trouble keeping out of my latest batch of lamb liver pate. One needs to eat liver judiciously due to the high Vit A content. I made some small 1-2 oz ball of the pate and froze them on parchment paper. Nice to defrost for a quick bite plus keeps it out of my reach more or less.

Funny, I heard of people keeping peanut butter in the freezer, for the same reason.

So true! You make me laugh! I wonder what the average SAD individual would think of my “hiding” liver pate to keep from indulging.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #46

This might work for me.

Might. Lol

Tried your and @carl 's recipe tonight
wow, I thought it was so much work to “roll” the dough. But it was crunchy and delicious, and extremely filling. I added scant sauce, cheese, sautĂ©ed onions and peppers, and pan fried grass fed burger and pepperoni. Then sprinkled with Parmesan reggiano. The center wasn’t as firm, but still good. Thanks for all your trial and error :heart_eyes:

(matt ) #48

Awesome. Yeah it’s a more work but I think it’s worth it.

(matt ) #49

I have more ideas I’ll be testing soon.

(Tom Seest) #50

It’s more work for most people. My wife and kids made mine, so no work at all. It also tastes better that way.

(Maria) #51

Thank you so much for the recipe and the photographs in particular. I am not a good cook so photographs are especially helpful!

(Mercy Baron) #52

I wonder if that’s why our first attempt at making Fathead a couple of weeks ago failed. My bf who is pretty adept at cooking was SO pissed off how bad it came out, I couldn’t even eat it. Maybe next time we’ll leave out the egg, add baking powder and xanthum as you suggest. We even flipped it in the oven to make it crispier.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #53

@Ketogirl68
Super curious why your pizza was bad!
I prefer the fathead recipe. Did you use almond flour or almond meal?(it makes a HUGE difference).
Here’s my fathead pizza:

(Mercy Baron) #54

Hey Brenda, didn’t even know there was a difference between the two. We only have Almond Flour in our cupboard.

We used this recipe and it calls for either or meal/flour. http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

Also wonder if we put too much ricotta and toppings on it? It was super moist and we even flipped it over in the oven and it was as far from crispy as you can get, ugh.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #55

Yikes @Ketogirl68
Did you see my crust? It was very bready.
I go light on sauce to keep the crust from getting soggy. Ricotta? In the crust ingredients? Or topping?

Ricotta IS a very wet cheese.
The original fathead recipe only has almond flour, cream cheese, egg, and mozzarella.
Dude. You need to figure it out. Fathead crust is AMAZING! You deserve SUCCESS

(Larry Lustig) #56

Ricotta is also a cheese wth a lot of whey protein. Could be problematic for people concerned about generating insulin.

(Mercy Baron) #57

Ricotta was a topping. The bf just put too much on there. I think we need to cook it longer at a lower temp maybe, is what someone else suggested. There was nothing crispy about it.

Believe me, I NEED it to come out good. I think I’m the only one it hasn’t come out good for! I’m so tired of seeing everyone else make not only pizza from it but bagels, cinnamon rolls, danish, etc!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #58

That’s a new one. Ricotta as a topping. I’ve heard of feta.
I would not use “wet” toppings on fathead crust. Only use cooked meats and melt the mozzarella. You cook the fathead crust before putting it back in with sauce, toppings, and mozzarella, right? I recommend cooking both sides. I’ll get a few pics.

Bacon cheeseburger carlshead/mattshead pizza.

(Jane Reed) #60

I made my first matthead pizza tonight. Usually I run screaming from recipes that call for the use of a food processor, because I dislike having to wash it. But I was impressed by the quality of the dough. It was soft and easy to roll out.

This is a winner.