March 2020 IF/EFChat Thread (All Welcome)

(Brennan) #41

Me too, got an interrupted 5 hours of sleep last night. But I do feel great and even fairly well rested.

32 hours in only 40 more to go!

(Mame) #42

see @Brennan you werenā€™t alone!! :wink:

and you are both inspirational and awesome

(Brennan) #43

I love salt, salty salt salt!

37 hours in!

Thanks @cervyn

(Brennan) #44

55 hours inā€¦ Awake at 4 am, I guess 6 hours of sleep well have to do
ĀÆ_ (惄)_/ĀÆ
Canā€™t sleep may as well do some yoga :grin:
Hope everyone has an amazing day!
Kcko!

(Mame) #45

So I have been ill (actual 'flu - donā€™t panic people) this week so itā€™s been an odd one. yesterday though for the first time in quite a while I didnā€™t ā€˜feelā€™ like eating and my body didnā€™t need food either. It was lovely having my mind-body in sync like that. :heart_eyes:

Anyway at ~24h fasted I took blood measurements:
bg=78, bk=2.3, gki=1.88 Havenā€™t seen that low of a gki for 3 weeks so I am pleased.

Wondering if it may happen again todayā€¦ kcfo

(Brennan) #46

~61 hours in and I am low grade grumpy today. Not hungry, definately not hangry lol just finding everything just a little annoying.
Only 6 hours of work left :man_facepalming:.
Think Iā€™ll break after work with a cup of bone broth and have supper around the 69 hour mark.

Those are great numbers congrats! Glad to hear youā€™re feeling better.

Kcko!

(Mary) #47

I somehow woke up in the ā€œfasting zoneā€ on March 2 and started an as-long-as-it-feels-good fast which lasted 8 days. I probably pushed it a bit as by day 8 I was pretty frantic to eat. Not a good place. Spent 2 days eating high fat and am now 36 hours into my next fast.

Itā€™s great to have somewhere to come to to discuss this!

(back and doublin' down) #48

Has turned into a Fasting Friday for me. Iā€™m thinking the heavy fasting in February was not a good thing for me. My appetite is all over the board. Feeling heavy and inflamed today, hence the fasting.

Mary, I admire you being able to jump right back in after a long fast. Iā€™ve come to find my digestion is really slow, so maybe a move to ADF will be my next shift.

(Susan) #49

I am not fasting till the Zornfast, but I am doing OMAD and cheering you all on.

(KCKO, KCFO) #50

Day 3 of a fast. Sinus issues no desire to eat. Coffe w hwc is all. Had to miss a meetup of the KKBs really bummed me out. Feeling a bit better today.

KCKO

(Mame) #51

Well I was planning on fasting starting Sunday eve until when everā€¦but now I am not sure.

Itā€™s a weird week, I am still ill, not horribly but some. and my body is stressed from that and of course the whole virus situation.Also I will be mostly working from home for the foreseeable future which always makes it more challenging for me to fastā€¦less distraction.

But what the heck I can see how it goes. Luckily I donā€™t really feel much like eating in general. If the fast leads to more stress then I will end it.There is always next month.

(Jane) #52

Sorry you have been ill. Did you get tested to rule out COVID-19?

(Mame) #53

No I did not get tested as I had a classic onset of flu systems and I know (because public health is my job) that I was not the best candidate for one of our limited tests at that time (this was 10 days ago after all). Thanks for asking. :pray:

Also we are encouraged to be good public servants and if ill for any reason to work from home so I did. In fact I still am. We are all working from home when feasible.

So I have been fasting for about 17 hours, which is still just my normal daily not eating timeā€¦ but I donā€™t feel hungry or stressed so I will keep on not eating as long as I donā€™t see a stress response.

Just took my measurements: bg=88, bk=.9, gki=5.4
BK is low for me, although still in ketosis. I did have a number of LC treats over the weekend, that might be the reason.

Anyone else going for meal-less Monday? kcfo

I hope everyone can take good care of themselves and loved ones. And manage stress as best they can. :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

(Mame) #54

Ok, starting to feel like I can make a plan for the week. Enjoying the fact that fasting feels easy-ish. right now.

so ~24h fast today, then tomorrow I will not be working from home so may go to 30+ could be longer again will play it by ear as there is no reason to add stress to my life.

numbers at 21h: bg=71, bk=2.6, gki=1.5 this is just 4 hours past my last measurement. quite a change ā€¦

wishing all well this day.

After some unusual struggles lately, finally I am back doing IF, at leastā€¦
Two more days, the second should be a nice OMAD lunch - and then ZornFast! I donā€™t plan anything, we will see what my body and mind will be able to handle (without any force and suffering, thatā€™s not my style). I feel they are quite willing this week but it may change.

(Susan) #56

I have been fasting for two days now, after saying I was not fasting till the Zornfast. It was an impromptu fast, just because I didnā€™t take anything to work to eat yesterday and havenā€™t eaten today. I donā€™t know how many hours but I think I will break it tonight.

(Mame) #57

so nice!

I am at about 22 hours and feeling fine, will take blood measurements when I am home.
Not hungry, yay and I was even able to shop and it didnā€™t phase meā€¦

bg=77, bk=2.5, gki=1.7

Will probably keep going until tomorrow at some time.

kcfo folks, best wishes to all!

Hubby and I started fasting this past Saturday night at 1030pm., not so much for health reasons but rather a prayer/fasting segment. Not sure how long we will go. The stomach growling is a bit distracting, especially at work. The most difficulty I experience is when trying to sleep.

Given that we are both working full time, we are trying our best to cope. I am nearing the 84 hour mark for the fast, ketones appear to be quite high (according to the little color guide), and weight has hit a new low. I feel slightly more energetic today, as is the norm when Iā€™ve fasted for long period. The 4th day seems to be when the tables turn, and energy levels begin to surge. So, for now, I shall continue indefinitely.

Any tips on getting more sleep? Iā€™d love to hear from anyone that might have some insight!

(Lamont Hames) #59

Hey me too! Iā€™ll hit 96 this afternoon. I feel good overall and operating off little sleep. Hitting new LOWs, and just broke through a stall. I was in Ketosis for about 3-4 weeks in a row and kicked myself out last week (too many nuts and carbs increased to about 50+ avg per day. I also let my daily workouts slip. I keep measuring, but ketones still reading low surprisingly. I know Iā€™m fat adapted. Over the last 4 days, Iā€˜m doing well by keeping very busy. I am eager to hit goal weight (225) and as of today, Iā€™m 30 Ibs away. Like you, should I dig deeper and push another day, or back off to strict Keto for remainder of week and beyond? Iā€™m reading everything from the experts. But I like connecting with people whoā€™s on a similar path. Best of luck!

Good luck, everyone!

I had a nice OMAD lunch not long ago and I do my ZornFast now! We will see. The worst possible outcome is me doing OMAD for multiple days and itā€™s better than what I had before. But hopefully I can do it way better. Only if I donā€™t get tempted or hungry or anything, of course, I donā€™t force things. Just a little bit if I am in the mood :wink: But a good start helps most. I ate well and feel ready and determined.