March 2020 IF/EFChat Thread (All Welcome)

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

For those on the otherside of the dateline :slight_smile:

FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)
(KCKO, KCFO) #2

Going to do OMAD this week, starting today. I just keep bouncing from the high end of my weight range to the mid level. I really want to stay more mid level than high end.

(Tabania Crockett) #3

Recently, other than my regular 18:6 IF, I’ve been struggling some with more extended fasting. Just set my timer for 44 hours to end Tuesday at 4:00pm. Ima hold off on my workout until around 3:00pm instead of first thing when I get up to see if that helps.

For now, I’m just going to work on building in a few 44 hour fasts weekly. Since the timer is set for late afternoon, I should probably be able to do OMAD on that day, perhaps two meals the following day, and start all over again.

I’m someone who tweaks. I’ll just keep tweaking until can get into a workable pattern.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #4

Started a 2 day fast last night after dinner.

I’ve not done much EF lately but have been better at IF most days. I’m sure this fast will go well. I woke up this morning with the intention to be calm today and to exit the day the same way.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

We should have more people posting to this thread. Can it be renamed

March 2020 IF/EF and not IF/EX. People might not be finding it.

(Jane) #6

Starting a 72-hour fast tonight after dinner. Overindulged just a bit seeing my sons and grandsons this weekend so need a reset, plus always looking for autophagy opportunities. Nothing crazy and no sugar - just more carbs than usual.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #7

24+ hours in. Today was easy. I did do two glasses of water with salt in it. I usually put salt in coffee but I haven’t had coffee for weeks now.

I got a lot of cleaning and other chores done when I came home. High energy and cold hands.

I’m looking forward to banking sleep hours and hopefully have vivid dreams in color.

I’m going to 45 to 47 hours. Tomorrow I expect will be easy enough. I’ve got a lot of things to do to keep me busy tomorrow.

(Jane) #8

I fast better when busy, too. The only truly FAILED fast I ever had… as in didn’t break because of a social event but because I just wanted to eat… was when I was out of town on business over a weekend and decided to cocoon in all day and knit, watch TV, listen to a book, etc. I just wasn’t busy enough mentally and all I coudl think of was what I could be eating. LOL I gave up and went out to eat.

(Brennan) #9

I’ll be starting later this evening and going for another ~72ish. I think I’m going to try fasting Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week this month.

(Mame) #10

Happy new fasting month all!

Wow, my ADF attempt was pretty brutal the second half of February. I don’t really understand why I am feeling so much hungrier than I did 6 months, a year ago. I am fully fat adapted, clearly have ketones to use… ah well.

So my plan for March is to do TRE all days, one or two meals a day, pay attention to physical hunger and fullness and do a longer fast the week of the 16th - 2 or 3 days. Until then I am going to up my fats.

wishing all well and kcfo

(back and doublin' down) #11

Everyone sounds like they are dialing in a path. After the Clark Protocol, I really thought I’d be done with fasting. Then, after having meals on Sat & Sun, I missed the empty feeling!

However, I’m going to go with Mame’s thoughts and stick with TRE except for the Zorn Fast. I’ve got hectic work and training plans this month, travel for work in a group that will make fasting or picking the most advantageous restaurants tricky.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #12

Up early just like all my fasts. 33+ hrs and headed to two days. Will walk a few mins at the gym this morning because my gym time is limited today.

Happy fasting all.

(Brennan) #13

Well I started the clock 8 hours ago. Looking forward to this 3 days fasting 4 days not, schedule this month!
Kcko!

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

Done. Thanks for pointing that out.

(Jane) #15

24 hours in and only just now feeling a bit of hunger. Nothing I can’t ignore.

BG: 83
BK: 2.0
GKI: 2.31
Boz: 41.5

KCFO

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #16

Broke my fast at about 46 hrs. Lots of stress at work today but I pushed through. Not much hunger today. Happy fasting all.

(Brennan) #17

~36 hours in had an amazing sleep. Looking forward to a good day at work!

Kcfo!

(Tabania Crockett) #18

Awesome! Cool.

(Tabania Crockett) #19

Been doing OMAD since late last week. Today I’m doing two meals on an 18:6 schedule. I realized a couple of hours after dinner that I didn’t have enough to hold me for 22-23 hours. So broke my fast at about 1:45 pm today with very small meal. Will eat enough later to go back to OMAD tomorrow.

(Susan) #20

I wish all of you amazing people the very best wishes for your fasting this month. I am not going to fast this month to see if I can repair my metabolism a bit (still doing the TMAD 20:4 for 20 hours not eating a day) and I will be doing the Zornfast with you all for a planned 72+ hours, as per normal for me for that.