MARCH 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Carol) #302

Just passed 96 hours and will begin half-fast refeed tomorrow at 113 hours. Think I’m done with March extended fasting. Carry on! :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #303

Re: spotty sleep during EF: got a pretty solid 7 hours, woke naturally. I’m sure that’s enough, I’ll sleep longer after refeed.

57 hours in now, I’ll see how I feel today but I’d like to go for 90which means breaking tomorrow afternoon.

Current goal: Trying to lose the rest of the random 15 pounds I gained the past few months from stress. Just trying to get back to where I was. So far so good.

That idea about recently gained weight coming off faster than long held fat seems to be panning out for me. Almost there after 5 fasts in 6 weeks. Could even have been just a lot of bloating but who cares? My jeans fit again!

Also these fasts seem to be helping me with my satiety signals which had felt like they had gotten weak. It feels more now like when I first got fat adapted 2 years ago.

One more thing, quitting cream in my coffee definitely made a big difference. Sad but undeniable! Ah well :smile: worth it to feel better.

KCFO friends :slight_smile:

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #304

Did you quit all the time? Or only while fasting?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #305

22h in. feeling good.
watching a lot of videos about motivation, combating self sabotage…

Really loving this talk so far.

(Liz ) #306

I quit for good! Well, if I’m out & have a coffee I’ll use cream, but I plan to make it rare. I was REALLY overdoing it every morning for months and had that nervous feeling if I ran low on cream in the fridge. That nervous feeling indicates to me an addiction response and that spurred me to break the spell.

Just over 37 hrs. and already getting that energy boost kicking in, which is great and I’m hoping to keep this throughout the day with the work I’m planning on doing today. (Though it is computer work, which sucks, but I will be getting up to move around every hour or so as I have been) … But I’m not getting the empty feeling, or the tummy rumbling yet? That sucks too, since I look forward to it.

Before Keto I used to drink coffee every day, all day, and year around. But since I started Keto, I’ve only been drinking the rare cup here and there? I always drank Decaf, but it was my preferred drink overall. I used those little Equal packs (1 in each cup, Tea and Coffee) and Powdered Dairy Creamer, so I simply cut out both and drink coffee black now, unless I add a few drops of liquid Stevia. - Maybe this is why I don’t desire it as much anymore? Can’t say, but I’m sure giving up Equal and Creamer was a big help.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #308

I see myself in this quote. I am ready to break the habit entirely. I’ve been drinking black coffee on fasting days and I have to admit - black coffee just bums me out! My goal is to wean myself off a la the @Shortstuff method, and then just have decaf with cream for fun on weekends or when I really want it.

Checking in at 36 hours. This will be 48 total and then I want to do another 48 between Wednesday and Friday evenings. Yesterday and today I am in a conference and yesterday the conference room was SO COLD! Everyone complained that it was cold, but nobody looked as uncomfortable as I felt, so I think it was partly me. Couldn’t have been the fast though since I ate Sunday. I never warmed up yesterday, took a bath when I got home and retreated to the couch under 2 wool blankets to watch an Indiana Jones. I’m going to wear several more layers today and bring my coat.

It’s true what people say: nobody noticed that I wasn’t eating. I didn’t partake of any of the pastries and fruit that were out for snacking, and I hadn’t packed a lunch. My colleagues at my table all ate their lunches in front of me and nobody even seemed to glance curiously my way.

(Ketoviking) #309

I’m still rocking my daily 19:5 with a 24hour mixed. (expected “isn’t that cute” pat on the head from the oldies). Some days i’ll drop back to 3meals a day just to mix it up. Is this counter productive?

(John) #310

I did a 24-hour unplanned convenience fast yesterday - just didn’t have time to make breakfast or deal with lunch so I went from Sunday dinner to Monday dinner.

It’s nice to just be able to skip meals whenever your feel like it.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #311

Hitting 26h. Had to reach to my emergency coconut oil in my desk drawer. I was too friggin cold and I’ll be out tonight.

I hope I get some adrenalin from the concert tonight to heat me up and enhance my mood. The girl I wanted to go with decided last minute that she isn’t coming… a bit annoyed, but the band is cool so it’ll be okay, I guess.

(Liz ) #312

I can’t abide black coffee, I’m blending 1 tbs MCT and salt into one 16 oz cup every morning then switching to green and herbal teas.

(KCKO, KCFO) #313

Not according to Megan Ramos. The classic podcast of hers on this topic is here:

(Susan) #314

After sleep eating crap on Sunday night and nibbling while i made Grandson’s brunch yesterday, I have decided to fast.

I have asked GS to hide unmentionables in the freezer and not tell me they are there from now on.

I am not sure how long I will fast, as I am not fat adapted. Was pretty good at staying keto while my granddaughter was here but had a big slip when she left.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #315

EF 46hrs and going strong. Will take this to 6am tomorrow which makes it 60 hrs. I think I have had some whoosh going on. Will see when I step on the scale.

I think this may have been a factor for me as well, but I actually had my Wife pick me up some instant since I was no longer drinking a pot a day, like I used to. … And I have to say, it does have a different taste, and not all that bad. But I like that I can make the single cup and not waste a pot. :slight_smile:

Hope ya do indeed, Eric. :crossed_fingers: Honestly, the last couple weeks I haven’t felt like I was going all that well for the week, but showed loses each time. But it’s strange how sometimes you can feel it before seeing the number, and other times you can’t. :slight_smile:

Also just reached 49 hrs. so far. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #317

Dave, you can get a single serving french press if you want a fresh ground single cup. They do typically make a stronger tasking up of coffee, however. I love coffee but can drink too much so I give it up for a few weeks and then restart. I’m ADD so I think I self medicate with coffee. Seems I need slightly less now that I am keto.

It’s weird how the body works. I ate a lot in the last couple of days before this fast. Felt like I overate but I was eating to satiety. Looks like I did not gain any weight and this fast I can feel places on my belly that are thinning out.

I’m so glad you are getting back on track.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #318

Hey Mel - you should be blurring the food names please in the fasting threads. Just saying.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #319

Broke my fast at 45 hours. It went well. Probably ate too much since though, I have to learn this whole “eat to satiety” thing.

I did get called out at lunch today for not eating. I just said I was fasting, and then my table group had a bit of a chat about it, all of it positive. That was my first entry into keto/fasting activism :slight_smile:

Hope you all had a good day!! :heart_eyes_cat:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #320

Glad it went well. Satiety is difficult at times. Eat some, wait 10 to 15 mins and see how you are and eat more if you need to. This past week for me coming off a 72 hr fast I ate more than I thought I should but I ate to satiety and did not gain wt. In fact I’m trending real good on this EF I’m on now. Should net 1.5 to 2.5 lbs lost.

Sorry going to ramble some:
For me fight club rules say we don’t talk about fasting. Very few people at work know I am fasting. If you have support there that is awesome. I actually had someone in HR argue with me that we need carbs. “Whatever!” I’m lucky, one of the people that works for me went keto with his wife and they are being very successful so we can talk about it. He fasts for religious reasons but has never done more than a day. He always like it when I do more than 24 hrs because he can ask me how I’m feeling.

Yeah, I thought about it some at first, but then thought I wanted to try the instant, because it is different. But it taste fine, though I don’t think I’ve drank maybe 10 or 12 since going Keto 10 months ago. :slight_smile:

Yeah, as you know by seeing my plates, when I eat, I eat. (That’s been my motto since switching, since I usually do OMAD) And there are some who say this isn’t always good, since you might under eat. :smile: … I can’t help laugh some whenever I think about this, since I know I don’t qualify for that. :smile:

Note: I haven’t done this myself, but it did come to me after reading others mentioning this… One thing I was thinking, is that you can know your meals. What I mean is that take a meal you know you usually eat normally, say a certain sized Steak and a few sides. Then, when you break your fast, fix that meal, knowing you usually only eat that to Satiety. (If that makes sense?) … But yes, I probably eat a bit more than needed sometimes too, but I just make sure not to eat until I’m beyond full and don’t worry. :slight_smile:

As for the Fasting ‘Talk’ with others. (I hear this brought up a lot from others too) But I must be different when it comes to this, since I have no worries or issues just telling folks I’m Fasting. (Mainly because I don’t see any issues with it myself, and don’t really care what others think TBH. - I don’t mean that in a bad way, but it’s just that I don’t care whether they agree or disagree, I just do me and carry on. … But honestly, most will simply ask me stuff like how hard it is, how does it feels, what are the benefits, etc. So I will be honest with them about it, and just give them what information I can. :slight_smile:

Nowadays most just say, Hey Dave, Fasting today? And I just say yep… but just for the week. :wink: