MARCH 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #201

Just want to remind everyone about the Kickstarter for Ketofest 2019. If the kickstarter doesn’t get fully funded, no Ketofest :frowning: I really am looking forward to finally being able to attend. If you are too go ahead. Charges to credit cards won’t get processed until the kickstarter is funded and will be on for sure. Even if you can’t go, you can contribute $25 and get a cool T-shirt, or watch it via the streaming option. I did that last year and really learned a lot and it was enjoyable. So let’s get busy and get it full funded. OK??

I am a regular user of KetoAide, but I tweak it so that it really is QUITE Tasty! To the regular recipe, I add a Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, about a 16th teaspoon of Ground Ginger (dried, in the spice section of the grocery) for some spicy kick and 2 scoops of Now Brand Better Stevia (powder).

Dang. I’ve come to really enjoy it!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #203

Hope the same for you then!
But hey I am just really excited I got through two horrible days in a row without comfort eating… :zipper_mouth_face:
Full moon will be over soon (I feel like customers get extra unfriendly around that time)

I know I said I was going to OMAD all this week, but truth be told, I’m just really not feeling it right now. Seems everything I’m eating is just staying with me way longer than I would like. … Was just telling the Wife I’m really thinking I may indeed just start a fast now, after we ate not an hour ago. If anything, for a few days, but who knows? Just not in the mood to eat presently, and actually haven’t been this week?

And though we have a Wedding event planned Saturday, I told her I have no problem just not eating while there. (I’m not one of those folks who feels obligated to eat at events and have no issues telling folks I’m just not hungry.) …Told her unless I feel differently later, tomorrow, etc. I’m back on a Fast. :slight_smile:

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #205

Although there are exceptions, I generally find that weddings offer the kind of food that I didn’t want to eat anyway.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me too. Most are not foods I partake in, but this is another Niece on my Wife’s side, and we went to her Sister’s Wedding last year, and I can say at least there was some better choices for anyone eating Keto. (Not great, but one could stay keto with it so to speak) So I ate a little, but still didn’t want much. … Plus, we will be taking photos for her, so I can just stay busy doing that as well. Including during the meal. So it won’t be a problem really. :slight_smile: … I just haven’t felt like eating really, and would rather just follow the feeling, instead of feeling like I’m feeding out of habit. I also think it’s from not Fasting as much after my Surgery, and I really do miss it, and the feeling I got so used to. :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #207

Hey fasting friends :slight_smile:

I’m 72 hours into a 93 hour fast and though I miss food and my stomach is feeling hollow, I otherwise feel fine. No headaches or light headedness.

I am using 1 tbs MCT oil blended into my one morning coffee daily, so not a true water fast but a lot closer than the fasts I’ve done previously using plenty of cream in several coffees.

I always think I’ll love a cup of plain hot herbal tea in the evenings when fasting but I never enjoy it!! They always taste bitter or boring. Maybe I haven’t found the right one yet?

Hope your fasts are going well!

Glad to hear it’s going well. :+1:

This is what I enjoy and look forward to so much. Seems I’m just feeling meals more lately, and maybe it’s the slightly better weather rolling in? Can’t say, but shooting for that feeling presently. :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #209

Almost spring here!! I’m in the middle of losing 15 pounds I put back on from stress and eating outside my time windows for 10 months. Gotta get back into those summer clothes!

I’m glad you like it, but I don’t love the hollow feeling, it makes me not want to drink anything even when I’m thirsty. But I do get a lightness and an energy from fasting that I do enjoy.

Not sure why? I just really enjoy the feeling and look forward to it. When the tummy starts grumbling and making all kinds of noise, I know it’s getting close. :slight_smile: - Congrats on getting those pounds back off. :+1: … I’m actually still recouping somewhat from a recent Surgery and trying to get back on track.

(Carol) #211

I’m grappling with this right now. I just came off a 24 hour pre half-fast, 115 hours water/tea fast and a 12 hour half-fast refeed. Sunday night I declared that I would eat 18:6 until Friday at least. I’m thinking instead I might join the Zorn fast. I really don’t know what’s come over me. Maybe too much fasting muscle? It seems, at least for March, I’d rather be fasting. (Does that have T-shirt potential?) :slight_smile:

(Herb Martin) #212

Take plenty of water or electrolyte etc.

I find the boredom of driving to be particularly difficult for eating properly (or not eating.)

I found myself Fasting quite a bit in the few months leading up to the end of last year, and though I did at times feel like I had to force myself not to, I still did a lot more than I had planned. … But then after loosing 87 lbs. in just 7 months, it apparently had an side-affect on a Hernia I had for years. Seems all the extra weight was helping to hold it in check, and after the loss, it kept popping out and didn’t want to stay in. So it eventually got incarcerated and and I had to have Emergency Surgery to repair not only that one, but two others I wasn’t aware of. … That was on January 4th, and the follow few weeks found me 9 lbs. back up, which I’ve finally got back off now. But Fasting was something I really missed most, but I did actually Fast 132 hrs. during my Hospital stay, since I was Fasting when I went in.

I think the Fasting bug is just really kicking back in for me now, which I don’t mind at all. :slight_smile:

(Herb Martin) #214

13th day is complete.

29 1/2 lbs down.

79 1/2 total since year ago Thanksgiving.

Thanks to everyone who offered kind words and encouragement.

If it inspires you (as people written above) that is truly wonderful and helps me to keep going and posting.

If not, then do NOT compare yourself to me or anyone else. You only need to compare yourself to yourself and your own goals.

Do what it takes, and if you don’t then figure out how to make it better going forward. We cannot change the past but we can create the future.

Difficult things take time – a perfect diet today still takes weeks, months, years and a lifetime to make us healthy and keep us health.

One day at a time is truly a good motto to follow…

(KCKO, KCFO) #215

I was wondering when you would be popping back in. Hope the stress level is going down for you.

KCFO

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #216

I just tried this, it’s delicious!!

(Ethan) #217

Boredom will definitely be a factor. I am used to snacking on road trips. I have some ideas though for the radio to help

(Liz ) #218

Hello! Nothing’s changed except I’m coping better right now. Every day is a challenge in caregiving. But I was determined to lose that stress weight and fasting is key!

(Carol) #219

Those nasty hernias are going to rear their ugly heads at some point. Now that you are on the road to recovery, I think it’s a good thing you won’t have to think about that issue anymore. (Easy for me to say!)

I didn’t really think when I started keto that I would be into fasting. Once I made 5 days I thought maybe I would try every now and then for another. Now I have trouble stopping. I felt so good going into day 5 I really wanted to go longer but my schedule made that dicey this go around. And I have to remind myself I’m in this for the health benefits and not so much to be thin (although that’s nice too). It’s so nice to just not think about buying/preparing/eating food all the time. And I love the energy and lightness from fasting!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #220

Right? I was extremly surprised myself.

had to drop the ball at 56h.
Woke up at 4am with painful hungerpangs. Glad my vegetarian roomie is out of town so no one would be bothered by me making bacon and eggs at 4am XD
i will deffinetly skip lunch today as always and then I’ll see what happens naturally tonight.