FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #172

Last refeeding did not go so well. Disaster Pants, well almost. Been doing a 24 hr IF since I do one longer EF at the start of the week. Will break fast with [spoiler]just a tad to eat[/spoiler] at 22.5 hrs and hope it will give me time to let my stomach settle in before my lunch meeting at 24 hrs.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #173

For me, so far the only thing that doesn’t upset my gut when breaking a fast is [spoiler]lean unprocessed protein (like chicken breast)[/spoiler] I know it sounds like cursing in here but after an hour or so I can go back to something richer.

This is a waaaaay different re-feed experience for me, but I did a 96 hour ZornFast last week and broke it last Sunday night @ bedtime (10PM)

I had promised my wife I would do an EggFast with her this week, so I broke my Extended Fast with that. I’ve always rolled my eyes regarding EggFasts Per SE…because I always just viewed them as yet another way to get into Ketosis. (I still think of them that way. It’s just more low carb fare to me. YMMV)

Well well well…

For whatever reason, the RE-feed I’m doing now is WITHOUT A DOUBT the best one ever. No unpleasantness in the gut whatever.

Aaaaaand it has helped me with binging following a longer fast, a problem for which I’ve unhappily shown a HARD WIRED tendency.

Could it be just a fluke??? Probably. But I thought it was worth a mention.

(Allie) #175

I tried something different today and broke my fast with a glass of my homemade kombucha and have had no problems at all.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #176

I tried a new brand of SauerKraut when I had my challenge and may have over consumed the kraut.

I’m going to break now with a small piece of white fish and a small portion of my salad.

Whoopsie.

Forgot the Blur Spoiler. Sorry…

Fixed now.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #178

Kraut after a fast gives me the WORST cramps and pains and It can take up to 3 days to calm back down…

I don’t remember how I did do with tuna. Might be that I need to experiment more with seafood in general

Thanks, Eric. … Shouldn’t be too bad. I actually just got out of the meeting, and my schedule won’t change. The other shift is heading home and coming back at Midnight. (So no sleep issues for me this time :slight_smile: ) And it’s only supposed to run from Midnight to 8 or 9am, so I will come in regular time tomorrow and just help manage cleanup. … Just a few more weeks hopefully, and Spring will be knocking! :slight_smile:

You know, I’m glad Kraut was brought up. … I was actually told it’s helpful when breaking, but the last time I used it, I didn’t have any issues per se, but I did get stomach cramping.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #181

I am getting more and more curious. What on earth do you do @Digital_Dave?

:joy::joy::joy:
I feel so simple and boring with my tech support desk job…

I’m a Chief Inspector, and over see an Inspection Staff in the Office of Highway Maintenance. Used to Specialize in anything Storm Drainage related, (including all Levee’s, Pumping Stations, etc.) but now my staff actually oversees and investigates all case request that come in through the entire department. So it doesn’t matter what the complaint is for nowadays, it’s handled through my department.

And no, tech support isn’t boring… but I can see the monotony due to the repetitiveness of it. Mostly dealing with the same issues/people all the time. … Did I mention, I also help with all the IT stuff. :slight_smile: I’m also the GIS person for the entire department. (It gets busy at times) :slight_smile:

(Allie) #183

I sell spare parts and consumables for machinery most often used to make things out of aluminium. It’s not exciting :joy:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #184

Ahhh… Sounds exciting and rather diverse.
I didn’t even study IT. I just slipped into it because I was really good at googling stuff basically.

90% of my job is copy paste from all my self made mail templates.
And everyone comes to me with any question that is even remotely tech related.

"Dude, why don’t you google it yourself. It’s not my fault you never cared enough to learn English… "

Same here, I didn’t either. Just good with computers overall I guess. I’m actually self taught in GIS too.

Same here, and it’s been this way for a very long time. Hence, where the nick-name ‘Digital Dave’ came from :slight_smile: Though most folks nowadays think it’s due to me doing Digital Artwork now, but I actually got it from all the folks in my building who would call me before they reached out to the IT department. (Guess it was faster and easier for them.)

(Susan) #186

24 hours in.
First experience in not being fat adapted and fasting. It is very difficult after 4 days of junk. Experiencing hunger pangs and thinking of food constantly. Not like when I was fat adapted at all.Oh well, sleep soon, so I won’t be bothered.

(Allie) #187

Still on this week’s ADF plan and already at 25 hours today as I only ate once yesterday (early morning) so it’ll likely end up as about 48 hours.

Feeling OK. Was hungry when I first woke up but ignored it and walked Chunk. Bit hungry now after our walk but soon time to go to work so not worrying about it. I don’t have any food hidden at work at the moment as we are in the process of moving to a new building.

(Allie) #188

Currently at 30 hours and feeling cold and shaky, salt not helping, so I’m going to get myself some food when I get my lunch break today.

I’m at 36 hours on another fast…and not a clean one this time. But I only add minimal amounts of a certain (highly favored) liquid fat (wink wink) to my coffee and tea. I can’t make the blur spoiler work this morning.

It’s very minimal, but makes me happy.

And I’m not shaky but @Shortstuff … oh yes. I’m cold.

I put up with it because of all the benefits, but I’m ready for a bit warmer weather.

But it always makes me question in my mind, whether I’m slowing my metabolism just a bit, or whether it’s just a normal reaction of This Mortal Coil, to conserve a bit of fuel for the hunt that hopefully will help me drag some freshly killed meat inside of my cave. :yum:

'Scuse the mixed metaphors.

FYI - The ‘blur spoiler’ is not working (or present) presently, but hoping it’s corrected soon? … Also, just so you know, the (@ call out) hasn’t been sending notifications either, so until it does, folks will just have to respond to call-outs, reply’s etc. when they come across them.

(KCKO, KCFO) #191

Please start posting in the March thread: