Looking for other beginners to start keto journey

(Andy) #61

Hey Frank I just started on this WOE today. Did it one before about early last year did it good for 3 months until I got married and went on the honey moon. Fell off track and had a hard time getting back. Looking forward to seeing our progress over the coming months. Does anybody have a link for the keto macro calculator? I’m going to look on the forum if I can find it, I know is out there.

Hello, I’m Rabs, In my early 40’s and I’m starting tomorrow! It’s been a question of lots of reading till now. Would’ve loved to find a doctor or anyone else actually who does Keto where I live. But… there’s Zip… so it’s online for me. I still feel overwhelmed, although I found a site that works out macros and I have downloaded the MFP app. I’m set with shopping and butter is a good friend of mine so hopefully this works for me since gluten and I are sworn enemies as it is. I really need to get back into a shape that isn’t, well… round! (ish)

(Gerald) #63

Hi Frank I am very new to the Keto diet, two weeks in 6 pounds down, my diabetes is beginning to stabilize, but like you have lots to learn and lots to ask.

To be honest I have found it hard to give up certain foods but in time and with support will overcome this, so stick with it.

Gerald

(Valerie Williams) #64

Olivia are you on any medication? Sometimes they can really mess with your ability to feel satieated.

(Valerie Williams) #65

Hi there! I’m Valerie, 62 years old. On keto for a month and down 14 pounds. Right now I am concerned I’m not eating enough fat to sustain this…

Wow that’s fantastic! Well done!

(Jeannie Oliver) #67

Hi, Valerie. I am encouraged to see another over-60 woman on this forum. I’m 68 and my primary motivation on this program is longevity–not just a long life, but a long and healthy life! The facts that I have lost weight and I feel better are a plus. I began on January 2 this year.

I’m not on any medications, no. The only thing I’m taking is a multi-vitamin and ketoaide.

(Valerie Williams) #69

Hi Jeannie! Right now I’m mostly thing to lose weight! I gained about 40 pounds over last 14 months partly due to a medication I was taking. Also have chronic illness which I believe is partially an autoimmune problem. I’ve been mostly sugar and gluten free for years, so maybe that’s why I’m doing so well.

(Nancy) #70

I am 66 and have been on every diet imaginable. I started Keto 5 weeks ago. 2 weeks into it I had lost 4 pounds and then broke my leg. Never had a broken bone in my life. Anyway, there went my exercise but I decided to stay on keto. After 2 weeks they removed cast and I now have a walking boot. I very nervously weighed myself and found that I lost 4 pounds in those two weeks. Then I was feeling better so I started eating more, staying with the keto plan. Again I was very worried about weighing myself, and to my delight I lost 4 pounds that week, again san exercise. In 5 weeks I lost 12 pounds. I have been trying to stay 75% fat, 5% carbs and 20% protein. I monitor this on My Fitness Pal. So far so good and I really enjoy the food, even though it is hard to believe that I am eating all this fat and losing weight. I am becoming a believer though.

Wow - good stuff. Keep Calm and Keto on!

Hi. I started Keto on 1/3/18. So far I’ve lost 15 pounds. I got the flu followed by a sinus infection and bronchitis beginning on 1/29 and have been stalled since then. Despite the bug, I have managed to eat mostly Keto when I could eat at all. Now that I am off the meds and feeling pretty good again, I am ready to get back to this WOE full on. Just before I got sick, I was beginning to experiment with IF. I am looking forward to trying this after a week or so of getting my fat intake up. Will be following for support.

(Mandy ) #73

Hi I’m Mandy, I’m starting my keto tomorrow so I’m very very new to this. I used to be on a low carb diet about 10 years ago before it became a big trend and lost 30kg in 2 years but since then I’ve put it all back on so I know I can do it but hopefully I’ll have some help with this site. So if anyone has any ideas to help me along the way would be much appreciated.

(Susan Koning) #74

Where do you find the podcasts?

(Candy Lind) #76

I think most people here will tell you this : Keto is a way of life, not a “diet.” We’re glad you’re here, and we love to help! But if you gained the weight (and the associated illness) back the last time, you’ll gain it back again (I certainly did!), unless you make this a permanent lifestyle change instead of a diet. That being said, it’s absolutely the EASIEST and most sustainable lifestyle change you’ll ever make! I was afraid of it, but now I will NEVER return to the world of carbivores.

(Candy Lind) #77

http://2ketodudes.com or search “2ketodudes” on your favorite podcast player.

so excited to report that my stall has finally budged… down .8 of a pound as of this morning after standing still since 1/29… woohoo!

(Mandy ) #79

Thanx. My reasons for putting it all back on was personal reasons. I lost partner of 6 years of a heart attack then 5 years after that I lost both my parents in the same year. At the time I went on a downward spiral. But I now have a loving partner who is on the weight loss journey with me and have a dream to become a mother which I can not do till I lose my weight. My goal is set and I’m gonna do what it takes to get there.

(Stacey White) #80

Hey Frank I am new to this and would like to join you on this journey as well. In community everything seems easier

Hi stacy! Are you just starting? Im on day 6.