Looking for other beginners to start keto journey

(Frank) #1

Hi my name is Frank, I am 30 years old and am beginning my keto journey. I am looking for other people starting this diet to chat with and share challenges and and progress together.

(Pete A) #2

Hi Frank. There are lots of folks in this forum who recently started, as well as many knowledgeable vets. I myself just started my sixth month.

This site has supported my effort and I hope you find it does too…

Baking salmon for dinner shortly and looking forward to that! :tongue:

Good luck.

(Frank) #3

Hey Pete thanks for the response.if you don’t mind me asking, how much weight have you dropped in the 6 months you’ve being on keto? Also have you slipped up at all with your diet?

(Pete A) #4

63 pounds in 5 months, no major slip ups. Eating lots of fat.

Hi Frank, I just started Jan 2nd, so still very much a beginner. :slight_smile:

(Darlene Horsley) #6

Welcome aboard Frank!

(Tiffany Gehling) #7

What types fat @Fracey are you eating? I hate seafood and Avocados, so any suggestions?

(Danielle J) #8

Hey Frank! I’m 37 and just started my journey today. I have no clue what I’m doing :crazy_face:

(Frank) #9

Wow that’s impressive, good job man keep it up. Very inspiring.

(Frank) #10

Awesome allzed. If you have time keep me up to date with your progress and challenges.

(Frank) #11

Hi tgehling, I am by no means is any position to give advice as I am just learning. But as for me I am getting alot of my fats from meats like salami meat sticks, and nuts. But I also made some very low carb fat bombs to help me reach my fat intake goals that taste awsome.

(Frank) #12

Haha me to just learning as I go. So far so good!

(Brandi ) #13

Hello :wave:t2: welcome! Monday will be two weeks on Keto for me. So far I’m loving it!

(Debi) #14

I’m new too. Also started Jan 2, 2018.

(Frank) #15

Thank you Darlene!

(Frank) #16

Good stuff yodagirl. Any progress so far?

(Frank) #17

Right on debh! Any progress so far?

(Debi) #18

I would cautiously say yes, Frank, I’ve had some success. Within a few days I noticed significant belly bloating reduction. I can breathe better and move better. I don’t have a scale, so I don’t know how my weight has reduced but I’m able to fit in a size smaller clothes.

The keto sticks quit working about 3 days ago, so I’m assuming that I’m in fat-burning mode. I need less sleep, energy is higher and here in the gray Pacific Northwest it feels like the lights have brightened. The next step for me is to try a fast, but I find I’m still getting hungry during the day. I am probably not eating enough fat; it’s so hard to change a lifetime of trying to reduce fat! I’m keeping avocados on hand, and when I want a boost, heating chicken broth and adding butter helps. It feels decadent, but I’m fighting the feeling. There is more to learn and experiment with, to learn my body, and make the necessary adjustments. I’m the typical yo-yo dieter, and for the first time I’m feeling like there is real sense to this that will make me healthier instead of the other way around.

The podcasts are very helpful, not just for the science but for the humanity. Hearing the guys talk about what they cook and eat ‘swimming in butter’ is a social and cultural education as well. It’s necessary to rethink, change beliefs and then engage in the activity. It takes time. :slight_smile:

(Brandi ) #19

I’m down 6 pounds so far. And I’m happy with that. I was already considered a Healthy weight for my height 5’7 and started out at 146. But I felt that was a bit on the high end for me. Happy to have some results with the weight. But the best part is how I’m feeling now!

I’m 36, female, and my weight on Jan 2nd was 245,5 pounds (my starting weight last year was 275 pounds). My weight is now 225,5 pounds, so exactly 20 pounds lost the first month and a couple of days.

I have not been tracking anything, except for using up the last Ketostix I had from an old diet and I did calculate the macros on my most common meal - based on that I’m getting 14 grams of carbs on weekdays, when I pretty much eat the same thing.

I’m eating mostly two meals a day - a few times I’ve added a third. I also fast, I started with a 3,5-day fast (without being in ketosis first), then a week later did a 7-day fast. After that it took a week to adjust, but the last 10 days of Jan I did a few 42-47 hour fasts, and now I’m on a 10-day fast.

Oh and I have been binge-listening to podcasts. The Obesity Code, Fasting Talk, Keto Talk and The Keto for Women Show are my favorites.