Lava cake for one

(Morgan Rose) #1

Lava cake so yummy wish I had whip cream! Also I accidentally over baked it but it was still yummy to me I had a couple bites and was full! I double recipes bc I didn’t have a ramekin! Def gonna have tmrw gonna make a frosting with some sugar free Hersheys syrup I have??? Ohhh possibilities

Rough take off
Swerve - what do you guys think?
(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

Got some ramekins just for this. First try is in the oven now…planning some whipped cream to top it.

What?! Not topping it with mascarpone? You are letting me down…

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

I must be slipping…didn’t even think of mascarpone.

Given how easy these are, there will definitely be a chance to try that soon…here’s how the first one came out:

I will probably cook it a bit longer next time, as it was more liquid in the middle than it needed to be. But it was pretty darn good.

I tweaked a little bit, reducing the sweetener slightly, adding a dash of cayenne pepper. All good. I will definitely let the butter soften more next time, as it was still a bit chunky when I mixed it up, and I’d probably use a little less salt. Overall, a very good first attempt. Keeper of a recipe, for sure.

Thanks for posting it @Morgan_Rose!

What did you Keto today?

Ooh…nice touch going the cayenne route!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #6

I could add more…I like spicy, and I figured why not go back to the way the Mayans did it. I’ve also been doing cinnamon and cayenne in my coffee, so it’s a flavor I’m accustomed to.

Brilliant thinking bringing in the ancestral WOE. Things that grow together go together. Awesome!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #8

Wish I could take credit for thinking of it. Just happened to recall some history of the origins of chocolate that is in the early chapters of Gary Taube’s new book, so it was on the top of the stack, so to speak. :slight_smile:

(Morgan Rose) #9

Omg ur so welcome! I wish I didn’t cook mine as long ahhh the donut recipe I posted from ruledme is amazeballs too!!! :heart_eyes: I have mascapone in my fridge and had no idea what to do with it!!!

(Morgan Rose) #10

Where did u get the little ramekin!??

(G. Andrew Duthie) #11

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061N0QO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really liked this. I got the baking just right too so that there was a good mix of goo and sponge. I think the recipe would have been way too sweet as it stood though. I used 2 teaspoons of truvia and that was plenty.

(Michelle) #13

I still haven’t tried this!!! maybe tonight as a bit of a treat… :grin:

It’s really good. Just drop the sweetener IMO by at least half.