KetoAide homemade

ketoade
ketorade
ketoaid
electrolyte
litesalt

(Dawn) #161

thanks to you both @Dan_Dan and @tararene2005. I am going to try the lemon flavor next. The grape is my EVERYTHING. LOL. I agree that it is all about how you feel.
As long as i am still losing weight at a fasting pace, feeling good and able to sustain the fast…I think I am doing ok. I am fasting to keep my insulin levels down, so if it does spike insulin, that is a concern, but it can’t be spiking it by much (says my naive logic).

(ash) #162

I personally stall with any artificial sweeteners, has anyone tried the true lemon?? The packets say no artificial sweeteners.

(Dan Dan) #163

True Lemon Original
Sweetened with Stevia and a touch of sugar
Total carbohydrate 3g they are using per serving size so you have to be careful :thinking:

https://www.truelemonstore.com/product-p/90-2031.htm

(ash) #164

Dang :frowning:

(ash) #165

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004RZ63KK/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523550861&sr=8-4&keywords=true+lemon&dpPl=1&dpID=512RHAoW8cL&ref=plSrch This one appears to have no artificial sweeteners!!

(Dan Dan) #166

1 packet = the taste of 1 lemon wedge <1g carb
2 packets = 1 TBSP lemon juice 1g carb

Not much flavor per serving and would be 6 to 12 carbs for 3 Liters :thinking:

There are lots of options out there with that amount of carbs almost every sugar free or low calorie drink mix is <1g carb to 1g carb per serving and they have lots of flavor.

A trick I use is to use 3 liters with my drink mix that asks for 2 liters it tastes just as flavorful and you get more for your money :wink::yum:

(ash) #167

Yeah I’m fine with regular water, I would only use it for the ketoade, the taste is horrible to me lol, maybe the mio water would work, most sweeteners set me off but I’m not sure about suraclose

(Dan Dan) #168

because it has very little flavor it would not work for that purpose :thinking:

what about herbal tea lots of flavor and flavors?

(Dan Dan) #169

A trick for tea brewing, take 1 bag for medium strength or 2 bags for strong place in coffee maker filter cup (no filter) brew a pot :smile:

For iced tea move to pitcher add water and sweetener to make 2 liters :yum:

(ash) #170

I do drink a lot of tea I didn’t even think of that! I have a electric kettle that takes a minute for a hot cup of tea, thank you I’ll try that, any strong teas you recommend lol?

(Dan Dan) #171

If you have a 99 cent store they have a whole section as good as most big box and at a fraction of the price.

(ash) #172

I wish, I live in the middle of nowhere lol, I’m about 30 minutes from the nearest grocery stores

(Dan Dan) #173

Walmart has a good selection and prices but you have to spend $35 to get free shipping :thinking:

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #174

So is it wrong that I’m putting the ketoaide ingredients into my broth made with bouillon cubes? Makes my broth that much tastier.

(Reminds me: need some bouillon cubes that don’t have malodextrin)

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #175

One time I bought 6 bottles and the cashier said “I hope you’re feeling better soon”. I was laughing so hard I could hardly explain that I only take a few teaspoons per day for the magnesium. I’m not constipated LOL

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #176

I don’t think it can be wrong if you get your electrolyte balanced out with it. Broth will have some protein so might cut down on autophagy if that is your reason for fasting, but otherwise, KCKO.

Anyone know if it is Ok to add Apple Cider Vinegar to the Ketoaide recipe? Not sure chemistry wise what the combination would do. I have been taking it separately but if I could combine them all in the same bottle it would save some time.

(Doug) #178

I have specifically done that, MI Girl - added ACV to Ketoade, many times, and a relatively large amount of it, like 90% Ketoade in a container with 10% ACV added - it makes for a strongly acidic taste. I have never felt any bad effects whatsoever. That amount of acidity would probably bother some people though, I’d say.

(Shar) #179

Does anyone who makes and drinks this recipe AS originally posted, also take extra magnesium since the recipe seems to be lacking in that?

I’m still new to all of this and trying to figure out if I need to buy a mag supplement, or just drink this water, or do this and add a supplement, grrrrr.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #180

I’m going to recommend that you supplement 400 mg of magnesium a day total. Every bottle of Keto Aid has 75 mg. The form you take your magnesium in is important. The ketoaide is magnesium citrate. The most absorbable form. But taking in large quantities can cause loose stool. So what I recommend is magnesium glycinate. If you can’t find it in your store you can order it online. But I believe you can find magnesium malate much easier. I know it’s at Whole Foods and Fresh Thyme. Fresh Thyme also has the glycinate. I’m not sure where you are but those are the most absorbable forms of magnesium and I would try to get 400 milligrams total daily.