(Raj Seth) #147

for 1 gallon
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP mag citrate

that is close enough!

(Matt) #148

Thank you.

(Jay AM) #149

I make mine with kool aid and stevia too! Out of all the flavors, my fave are orange and lemonade. Salty lemonade is delicious for some reason.

I use chelated magnesium supplements as they donā€™t cause gastrointestinal issues like other forms of magnesium can.

(Tara) #151

I just tried this KetoAide recipe and I added one drop of lemon flavored Mio. It was really good! I think this KetoAide is going to help with me make it through extended fasting.

How much KetoAide does everyone drink during extended fasts?

Thanks for this everyone, Iā€™m going to try making some of this soon. Iā€™ve been looking for something to cure occasional hunger pangs without any actual calories, sounds like this might be worth a try.

(Melanie) #153

I am so glad that I found this recipe. I have been eating Keto since March 30 and have been feeling a little foggy, a little tired, a little off.

I have been having one of these once in the morning and once in the evening and it is really helping. My pharmacist LOLā€¦on my bottle it says Saline Laxative and I bought 3 bottles.

Thanks again!!

(Ashley) #154

Any ideas on how to make it a bit more flavor lol? The taste is a bit off putting

(Dawn) #155

I just found this recipe. Wish I had it when I first started fasting. I take a multi vitamin that has calcium when I am eating. But when I am fasting, I like to take a break from the vitamins because they also have a probiotic effect, which I donā€™t like during a fast. I wanted to add a ketoaid, but I didnā€™t know how to make it. This is a miracle. I felt so much better once I started taking it. I never realized that I even needed it. I follow Brendaā€™s recipe but I also add a few drops of MIO until i like the taste. I match my MIO flavor with the flavor of the Magnesium so that it has a nice strong taste. I drink it all day during a fast and it keeps me full. The slight sweetness satisfies me too. My MIO also has electrolytes, so to make sure that I do not over do it, I only drink 1- 24oz bottle per day, but I sip it slowly throughout the day. I am not sure how the MIO may be affecting the overall macronutrients. Has anyone had any issues with MIO knocking them out of ketosis?

(Tara) #156

(Tara) #157

I do the same thing! My favorite is the lemon.
This KetoAide is a game changer when trying to fast. Iā€™m still not the best at fasting so this really helps. My husband and kids also enjoy KetoAide so I might make a gallon at a time and keep it in the fridge for everyone.

(Dawn) #158

Do you worry about the MIO kicking you out of Ketosis? IMO, this is the best stuff ever. This ketoaid is LIFE to me. It has helped me maintain compliance with my fasting.

(Tara) #159

I donā€™t check my ketones, so I canā€™t say for sure that ā€œIā€™m getting kicked outā€ of ketosis. Iā€™m on a budget and I canā€™t justify buying a ketone meter. I try to judge everything on how my body feels and if something causes an increase in cravings, then I know that food or ingredient is trouble for me.
For me personally, mio is fine, and I only add a very small amount of it to my ketoaide.
I do have a feeling that some of the true fasting knowledgeable folks might tell you that its not a true fast if you use something like mio.
But coming back full circle nowā€¦ I think its up to how you feel personally. If it helps you get through, then do it.

(Dan Dan) #160

@Goal179 @tararene2005

Its sweetened with Sucralose so it should be ok :smiley:

If you have a 99 cent store they get it in every few months :star_struck:

(Dawn) #161

thanks to you both @Dan_Dan and @tararene2005. I am going to try the lemon flavor next. The grape is my EVERYTHING. LOL. I agree that it is all about how you feel.
As long as i am still losing weight at a fasting pace, feeling good and able to sustain the fastā€¦I think I am doing ok. I am fasting to keep my insulin levels down, so if it does spike insulin, that is a concern, but it canā€™t be spiking it by much (says my naive logic).

(Ashley) #162

I personally stall with any artificial sweeteners, has anyone tried the true lemon?? The packets say no artificial sweeteners.

(Dan Dan) #163

True Lemon Original
Sweetened with Stevia and a touch of sugar
Total carbohydrate 3g they are using per serving size so you have to be careful :thinking:

https://www.truelemonstore.com/product-p/90-2031.htm

(Ashley) #164

Dang :frowning:

(Ashley) #165

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004RZ63KK/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523550861&sr=8-4&keywords=true+lemon&dpPl=1&dpID=512RHAoW8cL&ref=plSrch This one appears to have no artificial sweeteners!!

(Dan Dan) #166

1 packet = the taste of 1 lemon wedge <1g carb
2 packets = 1 TBSP lemon juice 1g carb

Not much flavor per serving and would be 6 to 12 carbs for 3 Liters :thinking:

There are lots of options out there with that amount of carbs almost every sugar free or low calorie drink mix is <1g carb to 1g carb per serving and they have lots of flavor.

A trick I use is to use 3 liters with my drink mix that asks for 2 liters it tastes just as flavorful and you get more for your money :wink::yum: