ketoaid
electrolyte
extendedfast
newbies
fasting

(Rick) #127

This stuff works GREAT!! :sunglasses:

(Candy Lind) #128

What ā€œbrandā€ of pharmacy was this? Chain or indie? This would be MUCH easier for me to carry on the truck than the glass bottles (although they ARE cheap). But convenience has a price!

(Mike W.) #129

Itā€™s Keystone Pharmacy. I think itā€™s independent.

(Candy Lind) #130

Thanks for your reply. Iā€™ll check out my local indie pharmacy and hit Amazon if they donā€™t have it.

(deana leone) #131

first attempt! i donā€™t like gatorade or electrolyte water (overbearing taste). this was mildly salty & hopefully will be even better after being in fridge.
40oz water
1/2 t pink salt
1T magnesium citrate

iā€™ll keep ya posted on any results, which i should notice to a greater degree bc iā€™m fasting.
thanks for the post & explanation in the thread!

(deana leone) #132

gonnna start taking this for first time. i get incredibly painful leg cramps (beyond charley horse) that no amount of stretching relieves when they strike. #hopeful
plus my mum has been telling me to take calcium ā€œnow that youā€™re olderā€ what in the world?! older?! LOL

Um, Calcium supplementation doesnā€™t acutally strengthen bones, seems itā€™s more about weight bearing excercise and protein (which is a major component of bone).
If you do supplement, or have a lot in your diet, make sure you get enough Vitamin K (especially K2-4) so it ends up in the bone and not the arteries.

(Candy Lind) #134

Weight-bearing exercise will keep your bones strong; calcium wonā€™t. Stop taking that calcium supplement.

(deana leone) #135

@Stef & @CandyLindTX Iā€™m not really taking it in regards to my bones but rather leg cramps, and as on oft-neglected mineral in general, more in line with what @Brenda stated earlier. I was just making a joke about what my mum said. :wink:Iā€™m aware of the value of weight bearing exercise for bone strength & do some of that when Iā€™m on my gym game, but Iā€™m not currently doing any on a regular basis. I donā€™t have a lot of calcium in my diet and Iā€™m only taking half the dosage on the bottle. Thanks for lookinā€™ out for me, ladies!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #136

THIS.
Iā€™m not taking it for bones at all.

(KCKO, KCFO) #137

I have always put mine in the fridge, because of that warning. I didnā€™t like the grape, the citrus flavor is just refreshing. I also have cherry available if I want variety. Iā€™ve had citrus flavor from Target and Kroger stores, I think they are made in the same facilities, taste is the same.

I donā€™t always make up ketoaide, I just take a couple of swigs from the bottleI need more mag. My husband wouldnā€™t leave the bathroom if he consumed an equal amount of mag. LOL

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #138

I just joined the ketoade train, making mine from Fred Meyer/Kroger Potassium Citrate
How soon have people started noticing a difference once consuming it?
I swear I felt better after one serving of it, but Iā€™m also thinking that may be placebo effect :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #139

I donā€™t doubt that one bottle made you feel better. If I donā€™t drink a bottle of it during my hour and a half at the gym I feel depleted.

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #140

I dunno, I seem to be craving it nowā€¦along with my broth. Just taking it slow due to the side effects of too much magnesium citrate.

(Kelly Denton) #141

I am SOOOO grateful for this forum! I am about 1 month into my keto journey and this past week Iā€™ve been feeling sluggish, foggy brained and heavy lidded. All signs of dehydration yet I religiously drink lots of water throughout the day. Came on here to do some searching and the KetoAde to the rescue along with all the replies about magnesium supplementation. Today I added this in and Iā€™m feeling 1000X better! Like @phoneboy mentioned, maybe itā€™s placebo effect or maybe itā€™s instant, but Iā€™m whatever it is, I dig it! Keto on everyone!

(mary6aros) #142

MEGA NSV: One of my nine-year-olds just asked me to make ketoaide for the house!!
How Iā€™ve been making theirs: one gallon of Kool aid made with stevia, 1/2 tbs magnesium sulfate ( all I have in the house.) Theyā€™ve been eating this WOE with us( loosely, though) so I began making this for them. Iā€™ve noticed dark circles around the eyes which I attribute to lack of vitamins, and Iā€™m hoping an extra multi vitamin will help.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #143

Iā€™m finally taking your advice to add this despite my hesitation to supplement with Calcium (I think I read some where on Dr Fungā€™s blog not to). But after a year of experimenting with salt, I am not getting relief.

Where can you buy this in Canada thatā€™s not amazon?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #144

No clue. I am in Minnesota, USA.

(TJ Borden) #145

Thatā€™s basically Canada, at least the same accent :smile:

(Matt) #146

Hello everyone!! Newbie here with a math question (FYI I am absolutely terrible at math!!) I am thinking of making this by the gallon to store in my fridge. Would anyone be able to supply the amounts needed to make this? I have the ingredients and would appreciate the help.