KetoAide homemade

ketoade
ketorade
ketoaid
electrolyte
litesalt

(Mike W.) #121

Found this at a local pharmacy.

I just ordered “The Salt Fix” audiobook as a birthday present to myself! Cannot wait to hear the whole story. :upside_down_face:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #123

Mild citrus taste

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #124

Magnesium comes in many forms. Magnesium citrate is one of the most easily absorbable. There’s also magnesium malate and magnesium chelate. the one I’m going to switch to as magnesium glycinate which is the best one of all.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #125

I literally use only a half a tbsp in 24 oz of water. When magnesium citrate is used as a laxative the instructions are to drink the entire bottle at once.

The difference in the amount is enormous. You take a look at it and I don’t think you’ll be concerned anymore.

HALF A TABLESPOON! IN A 24 OUNCES OF WATER!

and I drink only two to four bottles of KetoAide per day :slight_smile:

(Troy) #126

:blush: thank you
Added to my next shopping list now

(Rick) #127

This stuff works GREAT!! :sunglasses:

(Candy Lind) #128

What “brand” of pharmacy was this? Chain or indie? This would be MUCH easier for me to carry on the truck than the glass bottles (although they ARE cheap). But convenience has a price!

(Mike W.) #129

It’s Keystone Pharmacy. I think it’s independent.

(Candy Lind) #130

Thanks for your reply. I’ll check out my local indie pharmacy and hit Amazon if they don’t have it.

(deana leone) #131

first attempt! i don’t like gatorade or electrolyte water (overbearing taste). this was mildly salty & hopefully will be even better after being in fridge.
40oz water
1/2 t pink salt
1T magnesium citrate
1/4 t cream of tartar
i’ll keep ya posted on any results, which i should notice to a greater degree bc i’m fasting.
thanks for the post & explanation in the thread!

(deana leone) #132

gonnna start taking this for first time. i get incredibly painful leg cramps (beyond charley horse) that no amount of stretching relieves when they strike. #hopeful
plus my mum has been telling me to take calcium “now that you’re older” what in the world?! older?! LOL

Um, Calcium supplementation doesn’t acutally strengthen bones, seems it’s more about weight bearing excercise and protein (which is a major component of bone).
If you do supplement, or have a lot in your diet, make sure you get enough Vitamin K (especially K2-4) so it ends up in the bone and not the arteries.

(Candy Lind) #134

Weight-bearing exercise will keep your bones strong; calcium won’t. Stop taking that calcium supplement.

(deana leone) #135

@Stef & @CandyLindTX I’m not really taking it in regards to my bones but rather leg cramps, and as on oft-neglected mineral in general, more in line with what @Brenda stated earlier. I was just making a joke about what my mum said. :wink:I’m aware of the value of weight bearing exercise for bone strength & do some of that when I’m on my gym game, but I’m not currently doing any on a regular basis. I don’t have a lot of calcium in my diet and I’m only taking half the dosage on the bottle. Thanks for lookin’ out for me, ladies!

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #136

THIS.
I’m not taking it for bones at all.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #137

I have always put mine in the fridge, because of that warning. I didn’t like the grape, the citrus flavor is just refreshing. I also have cherry available if I want variety. I’ve had citrus flavor from Target and Kroger stores, I think they are made in the same facilities, taste is the same.

I don’t always make up ketoaide, I just take a couple of swigs from the bottle, I use lots of H P salt and take a potassium pill. I need more mag. than some others. My husband wouldn’t leave the bathroom if he consumed an equal amount of mag. LOL

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #138

I just joined the ketoade train, making mine from Fred Meyer/Kroger Potassium Citrate and Morton’s Lite Salt.
How soon have people started noticing a difference once consuming it?
I swear I felt better after one serving of it, but I’m also thinking that may be placebo effect :slight_smile:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #139

I don’t doubt that one bottle made you feel better. If I don’t drink a bottle of it during my hour and a half at the gym I feel depleted.

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #140

I dunno, I seem to be craving it now…along with my broth. Just taking it slow due to the side effects of too much magnesium citrate.