extendedfast
newbies
fasting

(Norma Laming) #104

I use these:
https://eletewater.co.uk

The site is UK but the product seems to be made in the US

(JGL) #108

I went looking for the same thing. I have made about 4 oz of concentrate with lemon juice as flavoring that I have been carrying around in 1 oz bottles to dilute with fresh water as necessary so that I have the ability to turn water into wineā€¦I mean ketoadeā€¦on the fly!

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the stability of a mixed concentrate? There was a lot of fizzing when I mixed the raw ingredients, but I will be honest, I am stronger in my biology than my chemistry. I havenā€™t noticed a difference in the taste of the concentrate, or the color or smell, but I am curious about if mixing and storage of undiluted ingredients of @brenda 's recipe causes a chemical reaction that makes it less bioavailable as an electrolyte. I will do some more research on this but I am mooooooore than happy to defer to any chemists in the room! Meanwhile, I have already hooked my neighbor on ketoade when she was complaining of a headache earlier and it miraculously (science) abated her symptoms. I think that means that I have officially performed my first keto-assisted medical intervention? lol

(Melanie Armistead) #109

I use a magnesium powder supplement mixed with salt, so I assume itā€™s pretty stable. I was going to look for the liquid next time though as I hate the fruity flavours that manufacturers insist on mixing into powdered supplements (and Iā€™m sure the sweetener isnā€™t doing me any favours either).

(JGL) #110

Thatā€™s great to hear, it only stands to assess if they stay stable in liquid! I have noticed on day 2 of concentrate in the fridge the sodium crystals are really well dissolved!

(Candy Lind) #111

@Brenda, my Mg bottles say ā€œdiscard within 24 hours of opening.ā€ Do you disregard that? Do you only use this when fasting to use it up quickly?

(Candy Lind) #112

I must have some mighty powerful Magnesium Citrate here! To get only 75g, I could only use 1/8 tsp. Mine has 1.745 g per ounce (2 tbsp). .5T would be over 1300mg. Could your bottle and mine really have that much difference in them? Or is there a typo somewhere? If yours has as much Mg as mine, Iā€™ll use .5T, no worries. After all, youā€™ve been using it constantly for an awfully long time! Just wondering ā€¦

(Candy Lind) #113

WHOOPS! Just read the whole thread and my questions are answered.

NOTE TO SELF: ā€œRead ALL the posts, especially on old threads. Someone else probably already made your boo-boo.ā€ :crazy_face:

(What The Fast?!) #114

FWIW, when I make ketoaide, I just pour some into a bottle without measuring and itā€™s definitely more than a Tbsp. For the salt, I just kind of dump some in there too. :smiley: Iā€™ve never had a disaster pants situation but YMMV!

(TJ Borden) #115

I think weā€™ve all been guilty of that

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #116

I donā€™t worry. I keep opened bottles in the fridge.

Ive kept the same bottle one extended fast to the next. It still relaxes me and so I believe the magnesium is adequately bioavailable.

I just saw the 24-hr warning too and freaked out! Will try the fridge for my next bottle. I have only used the grape flavor, how is the lemon-lime? Is it sour or just a mild citrus taste?

(Adam Kirby) #118

Is liquid magnesium better than taking pills? Iā€™ve wondered for a while if magnesium pills are ineffective for absorbing it.

I tried this, but I canā€™t seem to drink salty water no matter what I do. Strange how broth or sugary+salty drinks work, but this doesnā€™t for me.

(Troy) #120

Went CVS , almost bought them ingredient for this ketoaid.
My issse or concern I guess

Just seeing the work laxatives freaks me outšŸ˜³
I already went through IBS about 2 years ago. Horrible pre Keto Times.

So w the laxative issue, are all you experiencing the effect?
Just a to each their own?
Gradually just start of small dosages?

Other ketoaide options :thinking:

Thanks

(Mike W.) #121

Found this at a local pharmacy.

I just ordered ā€œThe Salt Fixā€ audiobook as a birthday present to myself! Cannot wait to hear the whole story. :upside_down_face:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #123

Mild citrus taste

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #124

Magnesium comes in many forms. Magnesium citrate is one of the most easily absorbable. Thereā€™s also magnesium malate and magnesium chelate. the one Iā€™m going to switch to as magnesium glycinate which is the best one of all.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #125

I literally use only a half a tbsp in 24 oz of water. When magnesium citrate is used as a laxative the instructions are to drink the entire bottle at once.

The difference in the amount is enormous. You take a look at it and I donā€™t think youā€™ll be concerned anymore.

HALF A TABLESPOON! IN A 24 OUNCES OF WATER!

and I drink only two to four bottles of KetoAide per day :slight_smile:

(Troy) #126

:blush: thank you
Added to my next shopping list now