Thank you :grin:

@dlc96_darren Lol. Thank you :laughing:

(Sophie) #268

Just. Phenomenal! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #269

I could just stare at those forever.

Now where am I going to store my woodworking equipment? :thinking:

(Christy) #270

Hahaha! It’s quite addicting. I have noticed that you seem to be a Jack-of-all-trades … I think it’s a definite go … You might have to build a shed though :crazy_face:

I’ve found myself drooling over these looms! I’m fairly certain that one of my guest bedrooms will soon be my loom room :nerd_face:

Consider this a fair warning.

Which is okay, if you don’t like having guests. :slight_smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #272

Or maybe two! Like Arthur Two Sheds Jackson!

I would love to learn wood carving, but I don’t think I have the lifestyle now to support it. I’m mainly just punking @dlc96_darren. I do have some carving tools I’ve used to make stamps… I’m going to have to do foamcore carving for my next kids art class, whenever that happens.

Mainly I want to do all of the things!!!

Which is why the art agent I just talked to said my art was “interesting,” but my style is not so clear. Fair enough.

(Christy) #273

All I see is loads of crafty goodness there :hugs:

Most of my guests are into crafting as well so, they’d probably be happier in the loom room anyway :joy:

(Christy) #274

I fully concur!!

Oh yeah, loads.

:slight_smile:

Surely I jest.

To be honest, I am VERY proud of my crafty family!
It just has it’s side effects. :slight_smile:

(Duncan Kerridge) #277

They’re amazing Christy, how are they made?

(Duncan Kerridge) #278

I’m in the middle of making a peg loom for my wife’s birthday. So much drilling!

(Christy) #279

Thank you, Duncan!

I use a program called Aspire to create my design, then rough it out with a Vcarve machine. It usually takes several hours, then, once it is off the machine I put another 4/8 hours (sometimes more) of hand sanding & dremel work into them before I oil them.

What an awesome gift!! I’m sure it will be lovely! I can’t wait to see the finished product. It looks very time consuming.

(Central Florida Bob ) #280

Beautiful work, Christy. Can you give a rough idea of size? The longer one looks like maybe 36"? Maybe 18x36"? 12x24?

(Christy) #281

Thank you so much, @CFLBob! You’re pretty spot on with your measurements. The larger piece is 35” x 17.5”. & I can’t remember the measurements of the smaller piece. I left them at the shop to dry until Friday.

I did 2 smaller pieces yesterday, about 16” x 10”, on a smaller slab of Tulip wood I had. It has some of the neatest colors & contrast. Hoping to get those finished up on Friday :crossed_fingers:t3:

I’m running 2 24” x 24” pieces on Friday as well. As I type this I am realizing that I am going to be dead tired by the time I make it home lol.

(Lisa marie t) #282

2 other pieces I did and butterfly was redo

(Central Florida Bob ) #283

Just lucky with the eyeball guess. The spalted alder adds a lot of great complex figure in there. My fave is the squarish one that looks like ripples spreading from the center.

I have butchered innocent wood many times, but don’t achieve art. I can achieve functional, most of the time: lots of small and some big bookshelves, and mostly small boxes. Lately, I spent much of my time trying to cut metal into useful things. Little engines.

(Sophie) #284

I forgot to mention that I’m turning my little barn into a Pottery Studio. Hubbys stuff is slowly getting squeezed out. :worried: