Keto Connect no bake cheesecake

(Jeremy Storie) #41

Do you mean the crust? This recipe is crust less.

(Terence Dean) #42

Ah ok but I see Michael used macadamia nuts which was a suggestion that my wife made too. Sounds like it turned out ok so we might give this a go, they’re not too expensive in Oz being native to NSW. Cheers.

(Jeremy Storie) #43

This is another cheesecake recipe that I adjusted for keto. I used a pecan and almond flour for the crust. I also added some vanilla to the crust that wasn’t in the original recipe.

(Terence Dean) #44

Thanks for the recipes, will try both crust versions. I’ve never tried artificial sweeteners so may go with raw honey and see what happens.

(Terence Dean) #45

Just reporting back on our adventures in making Cheese cake. The macadamia nuts used for the base was quite nice actually, we made a coffee version based on the recipe inside the Philadelphia Cream box, only thing we changed was to add honey rather than the 3/4 cup of sugar. It was terrible, tasted too fatty and nothing like you’d expect for a normal cheese cake. So rather than throw it out I softened the filling and added half a cup of caster sugar. That was a lot better and now it tastes how it should, so the next question is how do I sweeten the filling without using an artificial sweetener. Anyone have ideas?

(Jeremy Storie) #46

If you’re going to use honey you should just use regular sugar. No natural sweetener is ketogenic.

(Candy Lind) #47

Are they listening? I hope so!
WHOOP!
:tada: :balloon: :confetti_ball: :fireworks:

(Pat) #48

I made this but doubled the recipe. I first made a base with ground almonds mixed with egg pressed into the base of the pan and baked it. Then I put the cheesecake mixture on the top then raspberries on top of that. It was delicious. Thank you for the recipe.