Karim's Extended Fast Tracker - come along for the ride

(Karim Wassef) #802

The thumb seems to have the most “robust skin”… I go to the highest setting but I doesn’t hurt as much for me.

There really isn’t much I’ve used. There are topical anesthetics but over time, your skin adapts and you get used to it.

My thumb used to look like a pincushion but now it heals almost completely each day… so you can’t even tell.

(Windmill Tilter) #803

Huge improvement!

Things changed a whole heck of a lot during the month of April, whatever you were doing seems like it worked. Now I have to go Google “vacuum training” and a waist trainer. I haven’t heard of either but they definitely seem to have a noticeable difference over a very short time frame. I think you might really be on to something!

I’m halfway through a 90lb weight loss attempt, and I expect I’ll be needing these techniques in 3-4 months.

Don’t pull the pics unless you plan to patent the technique and sell it to weight loss clinics. :yum:
If anything, you should keep documenting the hell out of the progress over the coming weeks. Whatever you do, don’t do any dry brushing, because dry brushing enthusiasts will claim that it was really did it. If you solve the loose skin puzzle, you’ll be inducted into the keto knighthood.

There isn’t a single one of us with >100lbs to lose that won’t have to think about strategies to manage it.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #804

Bummer about the limes. So you are saying that they caused your ketones to go down but didn’t affect your BG? Or did I misread. I always assume that anything that would lower ketones would raise glucose.

(Karim Wassef) #805

They raise my glucose and lower my ketones. I just need to be disciplined and try to “stretch” a lime. :slight_smile:

(Karim Wassef) #806

I couldn’t hear the end of the jokes from my wife - calling it a corset… she likes to rile me up.

Truth is that it trains your TVA to feel tight. I thought it would do the opposite but I stopped just letting my belly hang now. It feels unnatural and I think the belt did that.

Bodybuilders use it too since they tend to gain everywhere and this limits gain in the belly area - muscle or fat.

(Karim Wassef) #807

I appreciate the support. It’s just embarrassing…

In japan, one of the ways to train managers and executives is to push them into very uncomfortable situations.

You think public speaking is scary?

Imagine being told to recite a poem at the top of your lungs in the middle of a busy walkway while HR judges you ability to persevere in the face of hostile and disgusted passerbys…

I’m very private so this is just uncomfortable but I hope it helps just one person.

(Karim Wassef) #808

Jeff does a good job showing variants on vacuum too:

(Windmill Tilter) #809

I just googled “stomach vacuuming”

My first hit was from Jeff Cavalier at Athlean-X. As far as I’m concerned, that’s all I need to know.

(Karim Wassef) #810

Yup… sorry I should have linked it sooner

(Windmill Tilter) #811

That’s hilarious, we both just posted the same Jeff Cavalier vid about 10 seconds apart.

I love that guy. I watch everything he puts out, even when it doesn’t directly apply to my lifting. Yet… :grinning:

(Windmill Tilter) #812

That’s fascinating. I’ve never heard of it, and it doesn’t totally make sense, but if it works, I’ll embroider the words “corset” on it! I’ll take a temporary corset over the inevitable loose skin I’m going to need to manage 45lbs from now.

I can’t decide whether to start implementing the waist trainer & vacuuming now, or to wait until I have loose skin to see if I can replicate your results.

If I start now, it won’t be possible to differentiate whether the fasting or the vacuuming/WT provided the benefit. What do you think?

(Karim Wassef) #813

I would do it as soon as you can… I wish I had. The vacuum training is just exercise for the TVA

(Windmill Tilter) #814

You’re entitled to feel that way obviously, but I don’t think you should be embarrassed, if anything you should proud as hell. I know I would be!

You’ve pulled off a pretty amazing weight loss, with almost no loose skin at the end, which is kind of miracle in and of itself. The statistical odds of someone going to from a BMI of 40 to a BMI in the low 20’s is 1 in 1290 or roughly 0.07%. It basically doesn’t happen in the real world. If you think I’m kidding, look at this study and the sample size (14,767!!!). Out of nearly 15,000 people, only 71 pulled it off.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #815

Wow, I just posted a thread because I was alarmed when my GKI dropped to 0.85 and 0.68. I was afraid that might be dangerous. 0.68 was more than 24 hours after I broke fast and I’d eaten a couple of substantial meals in the interim. Reading your posts makes me think it’s OK for it to drop so low.

(Karim Wassef) #816

My lowest now is closer to 0.25

Listen to your body though. Not hunger, but deep “weakness” is my cue

(57 yo female started keto Jul '19) #817

I had a feeling of hurting leg bones in my last fast. It was a deep pain; not like the kind of muscle pain I know. It stopped when I stopped the fast. How did it stop in your case? I tried to find it in this topic, but couldn’t (could not read all). I suspect it disappeared with time in your case, but I’d like to know. Maybe you changed the electrolytes or did something else.

(Karim Wassef) #818

I suspect it was just the effect of autophagy - losing old or weak cells that are rebuilt after the fast is over.

(57 yo female started keto Jul '19) #819

That is what I was thinking also. I think next time I will be less worried as I suspect I had the same kind of pain. And you obviously survived it …

Also I just found this. In my case it was also a bit like nerve pain:

(PJ) #820

Interesting. “Deep bone pain” in the legs is something I often had when young. My sisters, whom I did not grow up with, told me they did too. Since our mom died when we were kids (aged 9-16), we all independently worried we had some kind of bone cancer and were doomed. Got a laugh out of it later when we realized it was the same for all of us. I wonder if it could be a deficiency. I mean a healing effect in the nerve sounds reasonable too, but the other just as much so if not more.

(57 yo female started keto Jul '19) #821

Yes or some pain that comes with growing bones. If it was in your teens.