JUNE 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Jane) #162

Yeah, but my cheap breathlyzer is coming from a slow boat in China so the stix is all I got!!!

(Allie) #163

I normally don’t start a fast until about 8pm but am almost 20 hours in to this one already as I took advantage of feeling like crap yesterday and started early. No goal on how long this one will be, just going to see how things go…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #164

iterresting :thinking: . I am trying to achive the exact opposit by going zero carb.
I plan on testing out OMAD with zero carb during the week days and see what that does to me.
plan going back to EFs in July since I will have a crazy busy time with traveling and such the next few weeks. until then I will fast whenever my body sees fit.

(Allie) #165

I hope ZC works better for you than it did for me, we are all different :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #166

I really hope it will solve my nut addiction and constant overeating problem. I do love meat since I got my first teeth really XD so maybe that’s what I was meant to do all my life.
I’ll sure report back…

(Shayne) #167

Just over 14 hours in. I ate till I was nauseous last night and was still feeling it this morning so I’m happy about that! (seems a sad thing to be happy about, but I’ll take it!).

(Allie) #168

29 hours in so far and feeling great.
Ketones 4.4mmol
Glucose 3.7mmol

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #169

Awesome numbers @Shortstuff

(Allie) #170

Thanks @rustyk61 :blush:
Crazy to think I’ve been struggling with fasting so much since my ZC experiment, but today has been a breeze so far… :+1:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #171

I’ll end my tonight after work at 72 hours. Only 5 hours to go.

(Jane) #172

As soon as I finish sipping down this Starbucks my 72-hr fast starts. Hubby joining me for his first fast! For autophagy, not weight loss.

(Allie) #173

Argh I’ve just had to sit in a crowded room with loads of carbage and well meaning people trying to encourage me to eat something… honestly the smell was making me feel sick, not appealing at all. Thankfully I was able to make my excuses and leave but now I have a mixture of ghrelin gremlins and nausea which is horrible :nauseated_face:

(Jane) #174

That’s tough. Sorry. Glad you made it through it

(back and doublin' down) #175

and you have the skills and support to make it past all that! I totally get the smell making you sick. Had a similar experience with popcorn smell earlier.

A bit ago, 19 hours into a 40+ hr fast, I had symptoms that reminded me of symptoms that have hit in the past about about 48/54 hours. Weird nausea that feels like my throat is swelling. I sipped a bit of water and breathed through it. Also noticing my system emptying out, more saliva than usual too. Not hungry, not at all. But how strange that these symptoms show up so much earlier than in past fasts?

(Allie) #176

Thank you both, I’m feeling better now after a soak in a hot bath and will have no problem continuing my fast :heart:

(Beth) #177

I did 13 days earlier this month: 9 days with HWC in my coffee and one cup broth followed by 4 days water/black coffee only. I felt fine, and no problems when i did a small re-feed, then went for another 4 days. I just kept up with the salt/electrolytes.

(Jane) #178

Thanks. I have my Lite Salt in my carry on bag. Will stop and get some mag citrate for some ketoaid this week.

(Shayne) #179

24 hours in and I’m a little hungry so I’m having some broth. This first 24 has been easier than most for me. Is it because I ate so much last night? Let’s hope the trend continues into the second 24.

Tonight we’re watching The Avengers Age of Ultron and then I’m off to bed in the hopes of getting at least 7 hours of sleep.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #180

72 hours and finished!

(back and doublin' down) #181

At 26 hours and feeling confident about making it to 40 no problem.

I love thinking about what I’m going to cook, what recipes I’m going to try. BUT…fasting feels easier. No worry of cooking or cleanup, just chillin’ on the couch and reading threads.