JUNE 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #142

How many of you use ACV during a fast of more than 24 hours?

Funny you should mention this, I actually just started trying it a few days ago and it’s working pretty well!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #144

25 hours in and not a problem in sight!!!

(back and doublin' down) #145

Just wrapped up a nice 24hr fast. Relaxed and napped through the afternoon. After two EFs, these 24 hr fasts are…too easy? Hopefully the cumulative effects of 2-3 24 hr fasts a week will continue to add up!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #146

37 hours in. A coworker stopped on his way to work and bought a bag full of McDonalds breakfast burritos. He knows I don’t eat that SHIT. Waited till his back was turned and mine went to the trash!

(Shayne) #147

After dinner tonight I’m starting a planned four + days EF because my doctor wants me to do it. So today is a serious feasting day to prepare. There will be bones from the day, so they’ll be in the crockpot overnight becoming broth.

Wish me luck!

(back and doublin' down) #148

Good luck, Shayne! You got this! What sort of plans do you have for all that time you aren’t cooking/washing dishes/kitchen cleaning? Can you make plans to be away from the house or frig in those windows when you’d most likely be habituated to eat?

And there’s always this thread. I lean on it heavy on the days of my fasting. Love this supportive gathering!

(Shayne) #149

We’ve borrowed a few movies from the library and I can manage one per night. I’m also hoping to get to bed early depending on the length of the movies (and how many times my daughter pauses it to talk - LOL).

(Allie) #150

The weather is supposed to be really warm here all of next week so I’ve been planning another EF, but not sure how I’ll get on as I’m feeling really sick today and am cold / shivering so think I may have a bug… :weary:

(KCKO, KCFO) #151

So glad your dr. actually supports your fasting efforts. You are very lucky to have such a dr.

Good luck with the broth and the fasting.

(KCKO, KCFO) #152

Hope you get over the bug soon if that is what is causing your discomfort.

(Shayne) #153

Yes I am. He’s a functional medicine doctor who believes in keto and fasting.

(Shayne) #154

Alright, my 4+ day fast started 38 minutes ago. I even brushed and flossed my teeth.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #155

48 hours down.

(Jane) #156

Going to do a 72-hr fast starting Monday after lunch and my husband has decided to join me after seeing my age spots and spider veins disappearing. He will be at home alone and I will be in Chicago on business.

Traveling alone so can fast. I’ll be back week after next but will have to host the dinners so can’t fast then.

Not sure if fasting 2 weeks in a row is ok, but I won’t be able to fast again until the week after July 4th week so I want to take advantage.

(Jane) #157

I have a question about the ketostix. I keep reading they are worthless after being fat adapted. Mine turned deep purple when I was fat fasting and even darker water fasting. Now back to moderate pink like it normally is.

Isn’t that telling me something???

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #158

:flushed:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #159

It’s telling you to stop using them and throw them in the trash! Lol. Those things are so useless, no one can really tell you what they mean.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #160

Just an added note about this fast…I had an awesome day…both of my daughters came to visit me at my work today. I’m having such an easy time with this fast. It’s almost scary this is so easy!

(Jane) #161

LOL!!!

:rofl: