JUNE 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

36 hrs in for me… we were away for the weekend, so I had some little carby treats, luckily hasn’t reawakened any cravings, very surprising! Busy yesterday, but some of the was a very tedious job, didn’t help take my mind off the hunger… Hoping today will be easier, no definite plan of how long I’ll go, 48hrs or 60…

(Allie) #183

44 hours so far and when I checked bloods this morning, both ketones and glucose were 4.1mmol

(back and doublin' down) #184

at 36 hours and preparing lunch. thinking of going ZC for a few weeks. Did I read correctly somewhere that ZC was a fast of sorts? or that if one’s eating ZC no need to fast?

(Teresa (turtle)) #185

Hi @Paendora! My understanding is that you eat animal kingdom foods when hungry and until full and wait about an hour, drink water and repeat. It becomes a natural intermittent feasting of sorts.

(back and doublin' down) #186

@Knapper88 Thank you, Teresa! I had not heard it described that way yet and makes sense to me. I’m headed over to the ZC/Carnivore people to do more reading. Trying to find a way of eating that feels as good as fasting.

(Teresa (turtle)) #187

A very good resource list is justmeat.co

(back and doublin' down) #188

that’s a treasure trove of reading! Thank you!

(Jane) #189

18 hours in and both hubby and I doing ok. A bit different starting my fast at midday yesterday after lunch but that was just how it worked out. Instead of going all day on Day 1 with intermittent hunger pangs, I only had a couple of hours before bedtime and then by the time I woke up hunger mostly gone.

It’s so different being fat-adapted! Instead of my stomach rudely demanding “FEED ME!!!” it politely asks in a quiet voice “Are you going to feed me anytime soon? No? That’s ok… I’ll remind you in another 6 hours”.

(Shayne) #190

39 hours down, at least 57 hours to go. So far so good. We watched a movie last night. My daughter ate some junk that she picked up during the day rather than having any of healthy food I provide. Whatever. I was tempted for like, half a second, and then ignored her while watching the movie.

I actually got more than 7 hours of sleep last night. Unfortunately, I was in a deep sleep stage when the alarm went off, so getting up was difficult. But the grogginess wore off and I’m feeling pretty good.

(back and doublin' down) #191

one of my favorites! Love being in control of my body instead of my body controlling me!

(back and doublin' down) #192

have you tried the Sleep Cycle app? It’s on my iPhone, not sure about an android. It listens to your movements and wakes you within a set window of your actual alarm time when it senses you at the top of your sleep cycle. it’s a gentle awakening too. I use all the tracking info and looking at the trends this morning, Fasting increases my sleep quality by 9%. That tops a hot tub soak, which increases quality by 7%.

(Shayne) #193

I have a sunrise simulator alarm clock, and usually the sleep mask slips off my eyes in the night and the light gets in for a very gentle awakening. But since I started using the CPAP, the sleep mask doesn’t slip as much, so it’s a crapshoot if I can see the light before the birds start chirping (that’s the sound of my alarm).

It sounds like an interesting app… I’ll have to check it out.

(back and doublin' down) #194

hopefully keto will help reverse your sleep apnea as well! Avoiding sleep apnea (it runs in my family) is another of my ‘why’s’ for changing to this WOE

(Shayne) #195

Thankfully, it’s so mild that the sleep doctor did not recommend a CPAP, but my doctor knows I’m struggling to lose weight, so we figured that it might improve my sleep quality enough to get things moving. Fitbit says I am waking less frequently, but I’m still not losing weight. While I am frustrated with that particular issue, I see other benefits, so I’m not giving up. :smile:

(Allie) #196

Evening numbers -
Ketones 5mmol
Glucose 3.4mmol

53 hours and going strong

(Jane) #197

26 hours in. Got a little hungry so made me a cup of coffee with some salt added. Hunger subsided.

Going to work out at the hotel gym this evening. At least I can control how long I work out, unlike last week when I was walking in 98F heat with a friend and had to push myself to finish.

(Jane) #198

Isn’t is amazing how much time we spend shopping for food, cooking, eating and cleaning up the mess? You never realize it until you fast :smile:

(Allie) #199

68 hours and all good.

Morning bloods -

Glucose 3.4mmol
Ketones 5.1mmol

(German Ketonian) #200

42 hours in… no hunger, just a little weak and not really up for physical activity.

(Shayne) #201

60 hours in. 36+ to go. Just woke up for the day and have to feed the cat and get coffee.