JUNE 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Jane) #102

Oh man. That is why I leave to walk at lunch - the smell of food makes me hungry and miss eating.

(Doug) #103

Animals. :slightly_smiling_face:

:heart:

(Jane) #104

Almost 40 hours in. Had to stop towards the end of my walk and rest - had tightness in my chest, but up high like in my shoulders. Weird. The guy I walk with takes long strides and I have to really pump my short little legs to keep up and it was just too much I guess.

I have some bone broth and I may have a few sips even though it technically breaks my fast. It’s my first and if it can extend me another day I’ll call it a win!

(Allie) #105

Can’t avoid this though, dear old man needs his food… :heart_eyes_cat:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #106

Starting to plan a 72 hour fast for next week. It’s been three weeks and I’m feeling like it’s time again.

(Jane) #107

Had 6 oz of bone broth and it was like air to someone who had been drowning. I immediately felt better. Glad I listened to my body and did.

Back to fasting… :grinning:

I know that first day feeling!! Am doing OMAD this week, so it’s kind of like the first day feeling until 7pm…

I can totally relate. When I’m fasting my dog’s raw food patties (which I have to break up with my hands for the same reason, she likes it better that way) start looking pretty good. :joy:

(Shayne) #110

I was thinking that while feeding the cat her canned grain free pate this morning! I even licked my finger after I wiped the food off the spoon (don’t do that, it really needs salt!).

LOL! well, this IS the fasting thread. Should we be blurring out our talk of pet food?

(Jane) #112

Pretty bad when talk of pet-food makes us hungry!!!
:joy:

(Beth) #113

Some fasting NSVs!
So far: Blood glucose, ketones and GKI daily numbers are awesome, psoriasis cleared, reduced inflammation, chronic joint pain gone, chronic acid reflux gone, old nerve damage healing from a car crash/back surgeries, skin looks amazing, macular wrinkle in right eye completely gone, vision improves daily. Plus weight loss stall is broken. Keto has also drastically improved my Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. My antibodies went from around 1000 down to 100 in the last ten months.
The small re-feed did not raise blood sugar or knock me out of ketosis. Thank you to @4dml for sharing your fasting plan. I’m modeling that. It’s really working well for me.

(Allie) #114

I have that horrible cold fasting feeling… sipping hot water with salt in and yearning for warmer weather. To be fair on the UK weather, it is actually sunny and warm outside, but I’m sat at my desk at work just looking at it through a big window…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #115

Had a busy busy week, no fasting so far, not even doing well on the OMAD plan.
Tomorrow morning I might start a 48 to 72 hour fast. I actually plan on eating nothing today for dinner and enjoying the freedom of it at the biggest concert of the year…

(Allie) #116

My head is pounding… out for my lunchtime walk which I’m hoping will help it.

(Liz ) #117

Since we moved in with Mom after dad passed last month, I haven’t been doing my weekly fasts regularly. But my weight is nice & stable & I guess now it’s warmer out folks are seeing me in tee shirts instead of bulky hoodies & noticing my smaller size which isn’t dramatically different from the winter, I don’t think, but maybe more body recomp happened, I don’t know.

A concerned acquaintance noticed I was smaller & asked if I was losing weight “from not eating” due to stress & grief and I flashed in my mind to all my fasts where I maybe dropped 5 pounds only to have it come right back lol. And how lately I’m eating sometimes 3 times a day which is wild for me after 15 months Keto and all my IF/EF.

She’s someone who really needs Keto and I’ve explained it in detail TWICE over the past year but she still won’t try it. I said “I’m eating plenty, the way I eat makes me lose weight!” I was laughing to myself because HELLO, you know this!! You watched me lose 50 pounds over a year!

As a side note, I said in a post above I’d “lost enough weight” that I needed to increase calories. I didn’t mean I was done losing overall, I still want to reduce another 15-20 pounds. I’d meant to say that I was lower in body fat now & couldn’t get all my calories from onboard & so needed to increase plate fat so as not to drive my metabolism down accidentally by underfeeding.

(Jane) #118

57 hours in on my first fast since keto and feeling ok. No high yet, but not hungry either and no ill effects.

I think I will drink a small glass of bone broth before I go for my walk today so I don’t end up having to stop with weird tightness in my upper body.

I am shooting for 90 hours and breaking my fast tomorrow evening… I thought about breaking it tonight if I wasn’t feeling good but right now there is no reason to re-feed yet.

(Jane) #119

Had a slight headache this morning but went away when I started sipping my coffee, so probably a lack of caffeine headache. I don’t really like black coffee and only drinking it to stave off the caffeine withdrawals so not drinking near as much as usual. I am looking forward to my coffee with Kerrygold butter and HWC Thu night.

(back and doublin' down) #120

Loving the thread this month. After my 5 day that ended last Monday, I’ve done IFs daily (no breakfast) and this week Monday was a 24 hr, today I’m starting a 36-40 hr that may go more like 48 if I decide to work through lunch tomorrow too.

One of my work settings is starting a group diet contest this week. $ involved somehow. They did not ask me to participate :confused: (sarcastic confused look…lol)

(Shayne) #121

I’m supposed to be fasting today, and that is the plan. (yes there is a “but”). But I made a mistake last night that may derail today’s fast. I won’t share the details, but suffice it to say that I was hungry when I woke up this morning and have had a few periods of painful hunger this morning. I am hitting it with salt, coffee, and water, but I packed a lunch just in case.