JANUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #242

34 hours in and having a BPC so technically broken my fast. Will eat a few hours later.

Had to use what water was left in my Keurig as my pipes froze in the pump house. It was 14 F this morning and wasn’t supposed to get that cold or I would have checked my light bulb. We keep a 100 watt light bulb on down close to the pipes in and out of the pressure tank. We really need to put the heat tape on we bought 2 years ago :woman_facepalming:

(Heather) #243

37 hours in. -29 F degrees in our wonderful state!

:slight_smile: … Yep, that’s true.

Allie, you must be my long lost sister.

Sometimes, I just can’t STAND the cold either. :neutral_face:

My wife has a season ticket to WSU (Wichita State) Shocker’s Men’s Basketball home games. Well…she went last night and came back after the game and found me looking pretty dead. I had grabbed a Mr Heater (propane infra-red heater) and lit that, then covered up in my recliner to listen to the game. Well, long story short…I dozed off and slept through most of the game. She discovered me all konked out, and that my maw was wide open, I had a stocking cap, hoodie, and pile of blankets, and with a flaming propane heater in the vicinity, and she thought I was a goner from Carbon Monoxide!!!

But, alas… I survived to fast another day.

I’m right about 36 hours in to a Fast 48 and I am warm. (for now…)

I will lift fasted tonight, and break this one afterward, or maybe stretch it out a bit. I find fasting in the warm months more pleasant, even though I don’t always suffer during winter fasting.

Dunno…

(Jane) #246

:rofl:

(Allie) #247

Honestly when I walked Chunk this morning I had three pairs of socks (two of them thermal!), a thick body warmer under my thickest warmest coat, hat, scarf, gloves - headphones on over my hat just to be extra ear insulation. And I’ve had leggings on under my jeans all day too :joy:

And now that I’ve been able to view some of her work, I definitely concur!!! :slight_smile: … Lovely work indeed.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #249

Broke fast at 104h.
Woke up after just 2.5 hours of sleep. Feeling fine. I was afraid I would not have the time to cook my breakfast, now I had more than enough. :rofl:
Note to self. I know I need less sleep when fasting but unter 4h just sort of still creeps me out for the moment.
I think my happy fasting time is somewhere between 72 and 90h for the time being.
Might change in the future, but for now I’ll stick to that…

:+1::slight_smile:

Quote: @Hardrock_keto_chick

Note to self. I know I need less sleep when fasting but unter 4h just sort of still creeps me out for the moment.

Me too. I don’t understand it, but I need waaaaay less.

I just passed 48 hours, and have decided to stretch it out a bit. Maybe 60 or so. I’m feeling good, so why not.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #252

The thing is, I never know when it will effect my mood later in the day.

Yesterday my basic mood was fine, a bit easily irritable by customers with douchy attitude.
Had weird bursts of laughter out of nowhere and was soooo close to crying when I had to say goodbye to our apprentice…
Like we sort of clicked even if we didn’t talk much because we sat on completely different ends of the office, but it felt like a proper heartache…

So jeah I am sensitive and lack of sleep makes me a little bit crazier :sweat_smile:

(Heather) #253

I broke at 43 yesterday. Not the 120 I was thinking it was going to be :joy:. I’m wondering if ADF might be best for me since my reserves are getting low? The flip side is that I really like the fasting “high” that starts for me on day 3. Sigh…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #254

since I only seem to be able to fast when I post her, here goes nothing.
Starting right now…

My refeeding was massive, I had a stressful day, had a [spoiler]whole bar of LC Chocolate[/spoiler] it isn’t even very tasty… I will remeber that from now on.
I just feel gross and want to do a 24h fast before the big dinner tomorrow with my friends at my place.

I tapped out at 60 hours. Hope to not binge all day, but it sure is looking that way. :roll_eyes:

(Susan) #256

34 hours of an I don’t know how many hours water and black coffee fast.
It probably won’t last long, because I am already thinking about what to break it with.:rofl:

Really wanting to Fast some more myself, if anything just to get away from it all. - But still eating some just to see if it helps with how I’ve been feeling for the past few weeks. … Also, as much as I’ve always enjoyed colder weather, I actually can’t wait till Spring and even look forward to Summer. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #258

We are over on the Feb thread now @Digital_Dave :heart:

(Eliz~) #259

New here. I’ve done 18:6 for several years off and on.(Dr Fung) I started 19:5 about a month ago.(Dr Bert Herring) But after lots of reading I finally joined IDM. And today will be a 24 hour fast.(did a couple years back) Gradually building up tp 36 hours and eventually a 3 day. Since this is my lifestyle I’m not jumping in fast like i used to.Last summer I did keto with 18:6 IF so badly I quit after 3 months. I just dived in and felt like crap with less information. I limited my food too harshly- not enough satiating fats. Never again.

(Allie) #260

Thank you, Allie. :slight_smile: I blame it on the yuckiness I’ve been feeling lately. Didn’t even think about the date.