JANUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #222

Allie and me are also fb palls, that’s why she knows :wink:
@Shortstuff thanks soooo much for the compliment :blush:

I would cal myself mostly a cartoon artist and hobby freelance grafic designer of sorts :sweat_smile:
I know it does not really belong here, but @berrygraphics.ch is my insta handle if you are curious…
I wanted to post something to the crafts thread here but didn’t get around to it yet :sweat_smile:

Nice! I will have to see if I can locate anything when I get home. (Most sites have blocked access from here at my work) :slight_smile:

I also have FB, but not Instagram? (I’m guessing that is what insta stands for?) :confused:

I hope you do indeed. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #224

I got to 24 hours and was freezing cold so decided to eat. I really can’t handle that cold feeling.

(Bob M) #225

Have you tried taking iodine? I was getting cold, too, so cold it was all I could to fast 22 hours (dinner to dinner). I started taking iodine, and it has helped a lot with the cold feeling for me (not with the difficulty of fasting itself, though). NOTE: I did also stop fasting for a while, and ate more, which might have helped, too. However, increasing my iodine has seemed to help for this and other issues.

(Allie) #226

In the past I have and it made no difference. I was fine on Monday, did 41 hours from Sun to Tues morning, just couldn’t handle the cold today.

(Bob M) #227

That’s different than what I had, then. I kept getting colder and colder with each fast. My hands got to the point where I could not touch myself, let alone anyone else.

How much iodine did you take? I’m taking 50mg 5 days a week, along with an iodine protocol of several vitamins. 2 days of rest (currently fasting 36 hours each of those days, with only water, coffee, tea, salt).

(Allie) #228

That’s what I was like towards the end of last summer, though I didn’t notice it so much until the weather cooled down and that’s when I stopped fasting for a few months as I decided my body wasn’t coping well with it.

I took a kelp supplement for iodine, can’t remember the amount but it was this one -

(Jane) #229

15 hours in and a bit hungry. Only fasting until tomorrow mid-day or so.

KCFO everyone.

(Keto Travels) #230

So last week was a lot of work frustration, VERY little sleep, 3 late night delicious work dinners and 2 days of team outing with amazing food … by the time Saturday night came around I was just done with food and decided to fast. No predefined goal, I was thinking at least 42 hours and am now at 98. Day 3 was bad bad bad - migrainy kinda headache, serious emotional turmoil. Day 4 is much better, Just the headache. So I may as well keep going in the hope that the headache will go away too and see if I can make it to 7 days maybe - that would be the longest fast since a seriously bad experience 22 years ago where I was taught by “fasting instructors” not to consume any salt for optimum detox and ended up vomiting out my guts on day 5. Would be kinda cool to break through that “I can’t”. But not super set on it, if I donn’t feel well I am fine breaking my fast any time and it’ll still be the longest one in recent history.

(Jane) #231

Ack. Hope your headache has eased up. Maybe more salt will help?

(Jane) #232

19 hours now and just some nagging hunger of the first day. I really prefer to fast longer because it gets easier after the first 2 days. But one day is better than nothing and I hadn’t planned to fast this week and until my Chicago trip was (thankfully!) postponed to next week.

:+1: … Yep, weather is acting up a bit. Some complaining about us being in the teens, and even minus temps for a day or so… I just point their attention to North Dakota which is at -59° and some areas north of them, even cooler! … Yeah, after 35 years of having to do Snow Duty, I’m really starting to miss the Summer Heat, even though I’ve always been a cold weather person!

You can’t imagine how many folks have mentioned or made a comment about seeing me wear a coat now. Told them I’ve been trying to get over this head-cold? or whatever it is, but also, I’ve been getting very dry skin on my arms and hands, due to the cold, but I’ve always gotten this to be honest. :slight_smile:

I just broke tonight after 72 hrs., but TBH, V made [spoiler]Country Style Spare Ribs, with a Barbecue[/spoiler] she made and she really wanted me to try it. (And it was quite good) :slight_smile: … But it was nice to get some Fasting in.

Oh, and I did try… :slight_smile: … I hope to become trusted again someday so I can earn many more hearts to give out. :wink:

(Jane) #234

22 hours and headed to bed. Will break it some time tomorrow in between my many online meetings.

(Allie) #235

Sub zero temperatures here today. Not even going to attempt a fast.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #236

0 in the UK is like -10/15 in Switzerland :expressionless::crazy_face::crazy_face:, goes right to the bones, I remember too well…
I absolutely get it.
Still miss the UK though. Has been two years already since my two months stay…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #237

87h still doing fine, I think I really will crack the 100h mark this time (first ever since starting to track on an app)

(Keto Travels) #238

Well at least it’s moved to the other side of my head for a change :joy:!!! I don’t see how I could have gotten get any more salt in without a “salt flush” … and that won’t do at work unfortunately. But I think it’s mostly hormonal anyway, I often get these kinds of headaches with ovulation or period, no not too worried. Broke my fast this morning after 110 hours because I was feeling physically weak and I do have to keep working - OMG my body was so happy about the food I almost cried :smile:.
Very happy to have proven to myself that fasting while working away from home is possible … I see a lot more 36-42h IFs in my future now!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #239

90h in
Though the hunger pangs are just really weak and absolutely ignorable I will probably stop my fast tomorrow morining as planned.

While I slept very short but deeply the night before, I didn’t have much deep sleep at all last night (my fitbit recorded 6 min only, shortest ever measured)
I do not feel exhausted at all but really easily irritable and short-fused.
I hope I remember to measure my BG tonight, no ketone strips anymore for a long time unfortunately, they are really hard to get by and crazy expensive in Switzerland.

Yeah, same here mostly. But is supposed to warm back up after today, and they are even calling for around 65° by Wednesday? … It’s no wonder so many folks are walking around sick. :confused:

Well done. :slight_smile: … Of course, as usual, I got something like 6 or 8 likes clicked before it started telling me to wait a few more hours again. So couldn’t like any post above… :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #241

Thanks so much :hugs:
You could do it like @juice he has started to give me :metal: instead :joy::joy:
just kidding though, I appreciate the effort :grin: