January 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #221

Omg we need a Ghrelin Gremlin character! I wish I was better at cartooning :smile: Love it. Hey I hope it skedaddles & your fast goes smoothly!

(Allie) #222

I found one! :smiley:

(Seth Rue) #223

that tongue is fraking me out.

(What The Fast?!) #224

Hi all!

I’ve been doing a bit of EF this month but no real drops yet. I lost a bit of the holiday gain but haven’t gotten back down to my lowest fasted weight (LFW) yet - 141.6. I’m hanging out around 145. I did the Zorn fast last week about 66 hours. I did a 36 hour this week and started a new one last night, most likely 48 or potentially 60 hours. We are going skiing this weekend, I will likely feast with IF on those days (Fri - Sun). I’ll do more fasting again next week and then skiing again next weekend (yay!) - that trip will likely involve social drinking as it’s a big group of friends.

I’m still having :poop: issues, even though I’ve been eating a lot of chia seed and added some flax seed as well. Next step will be psyllium or adding Fiber One per someone else’s :poop:-related post. I’ve tried everything else - salt, magnesium, lots of avocado and chia, lots of water, a stand up desk, MCT/coconut oil, etc.

I usually have MCT in my coffee but decided to skip it this morning. I’m at my wit’s end with these :poop: issues so I’ve decided that if I can’t resolve it soon, I’m going to start doing non-keto meals a few times a week. Along with fasting and workouts, I think it will be fine.

Wish me luck!

(Justin Jordan) #225

This is my third week of OMAD. Happily, after the first week I got used to it, so the desire to eat outside my meal is pretty minimal. And that’s desire to eat, not hunger, which hasn’t been an issue.

(Allie) #226

Chia seeds made me much worse off

(Allie) #227

Argh, it’s leg day in the gym… I don’t know how I’ll cope as traditionally I’m always extra hungry the day after leg day. I’ve always taken that as a sign of my body needing more protein so this may not be the best planned fast…

(What The Fast?!) #228

That’s funny - I’ve heard people say that, as well as the opposite. I’ve heard some people say it majorly has helped with softening and with motility (which is what I’m looking for). I’ve also heard the same about fiber supplements - some people swear by them and others say it makes them worse.

(Allie) #229

In my case they caused the first and only case of constipation I’ve ever had, despite being soaked overnight and blended :open_mouth:

(What The Fast?!) #230

SO INTERESTING!!

I am also extremely jealous of this statement… this is a chronic problem for me.

(Allie) #231

@KetoLikeaLady I hope you find something that helps you.

(Trish) #232

@KetoLikeaLady have you tried slippery elm bark powder?

(Liz ) #233

You guys!! I’m never complaining about scale weight again lol, I’m about 2 pounds down from Nov 1st but I just bought jeans in the next size down! :blush:

(What The Fast?!) #234

Yaaayyyy!!! I’m gonna go measure right now and update you!
@Shallimar nope will Google!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #235

Absolutely gorgeous! Your husband is a luck man! WTG, my friend!

(Liz ) #236

Thanks for the kind words, friend!! I’m still on could nine! I texted him the reverse shot lol :wink:

(KCKO, KCFO) #237

Wow looking good. I see we follow the same fashion styles, LOL

(Liz ) #238

Thank you! Workboots & hoodies FTW! But that’s just my winter look lol, in the summer I dress like a guest on The Love Boat haha! All linen pants & nautical tops, coral sundress with rope motif, bold print cotton tunics. I wish I could dress that way year round but ugh, New England! So Timberlands & jeans it is.

(Allie) #239

Decided it would be a good idea to eat this morning so broke my fast at 34.5 hours. As I posted above, yesterday was leg day in the gym and although I pushed through training, I was feeling really cold in bed and woke up briefly in the night feeling dizzy and shaky. The shakiness was still there this morning so I listened to my body and had breakfast.

(What The Fast?!) #240

Hi all! I just finished up my fast at 61.5 hours. I usually use a little HWC throughout the day or MCT oil in my coffee, but decided this go round to do no added fat. While I had very little energy during this fast (felt a bit lethargic), I definitely didn’t feel as hungry as usual. I think if I want to work out on fasts, I need some fat, but if I plan to just chill out, I can do straight water fasting.

I broke the fast this AM with a little MCT in my coffee and a handful of nuts, followed 30 min later by half an avocado, a slice of low carb, high fiber toast with lots of butter, and another handful of nuts. I’ll be skiing all day today so not worried about the 7 carbs. :slight_smile: Also, I find eating that every once in awhile helps to get things moving. (:poop:) No luck so far, even with MCT and coffee!

Have a great Friday!