January 2017 Zornfast

(brian) #14

I’m in for this one

(Lisa Phillips) #15

I’m in! This will be my third one, though I wasn’t able to make it all the way through the first two times. I’m optimistic this time. I’ve just read Dr Fung’s new fasting book and I am pumped!

(Newimprovedme ) #16

I’m in also

(Keith Frentz) #17

I’m going to participate, tried a 48 hour fast this past week and actually enjoyed the experience. I also got a kick out of coworkers not believing I’m skipping lunch. I may have someone turn me in for a mental health evaluation! Anyone else drink ketoaid when fasting?

(Donald) #18

I’ll give it a try it’ll be my first extended fast. I’m usually a 16-8 kind of guy but experiments are fun.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

Yep. This is my recipe :wink:

(Alex Dipego) #20

Really wish I could, but stuck at 23hrs of fasting before feeling dizzy and hungry.

(Keith Frentz) #21

Thank you! I had previous searched the forums for a recipe but it was before you had posted.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #22

@Abrane, one Zorn Fast, I did a test run of alternate day fasting. Maybe since you aren’t able to go beyond 24 hours that could be an option to help you build up your ‘fasting muscle’? You could start early and still get in a total of 3 days of fasting, just not consecutively. What do you think?

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #23

I’m in!

#Queen Of My Domain

(Richard Morris) #24

(Alex Dipego) #25

I think it’s a combo of lifestyle and BF% for me. That or it’s that jump I just need to get past.

I’ll practice this month as I’m already doing 1 24 a week plus my regular 18~20/6~4 window. I think I need to plan that hiccup closer to bedtime rather than the middle of my day.

(T) #26

I’m in! :slight_smile:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #27

Understandable. If you decide to jump in, we’re here to support. :grin:

Have you tried to plan it so that hours 18+ are when you go to sleep, getting you to 26 hours?

(Jenn W) #29

Oh! Oh!
Me too!!
I’m in!

(Alex Dipego) #30

It’s hard to with my work schedule but trying to make it work.

(John Spanos) #31

I’m in. First fast for me. Trying to break a stall!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

I’m changing my strategy. This is my 12th monthly fast. The last few have been harder. I still have plenty of bodyfat, but even without a DEXA image, I must be depleting my visceral fat. That is a good thing!!! And likely why fasting is more challenging.

My strategy is to make sure I am asleep at the 24 hour mark (my most difficult hour).
In order to do that, I am going to eat all the way up until midnight tonight, and be sure I am asleep well before midnight tomorrow. This has worked in the past. Then I plan to fast through Sunday afternoon.

(Scott Shillady) #33

I’m in, finishing some chocolate pb cheesecake mousse before i turn in and plan to go til Sunday evening as well. I’m going to fire up my smoker Sunday morning and feast on ribs pulled pork, and if i can find a good deal, brisket. going to work on designing a keto rub as the one I used to use had a lot of brown sugar