January 2017 Zornfast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

This month’s group fast.
It will be January 19-22.
I always start the fast when my eating window closes on Thursday which is 8 pm, and stop when my eating window opens on a Sunday which is 4 pm.
This will be the 12th monthly fast I have done.
Zornfasts are normally the third week of each month
Join if you’d like, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water/ black coffee&tea fast. I also use mint tea. A definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well. I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy. Fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book "The Obesity Code " is what started my venture into fasting. The ketogenic diet reversed my T2DM, but fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime.

December 2016 Zorn Fast
December 2016 Zorn Fast
(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #2

Are you joining me @tdseest?? :heart:

I really wish I can join, @Brenda. But I’m on a ZC month-long test trial. Hope to catch you on the next one tho

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

@Fiorella
February’s Zornfast:
3rd week of the month 16-19

in MARCH I will still attempt my 3 day Zornfast during my 30 day steak challenge.

(Adam L) #5

I’m in, will be my first Zornfast & by far my longest fast. 19 days of ZC should be a an excellent launching pad for this.

(Tom Seest) #6

I started yesterday…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

Awesome! I’m in for both. Thanks for the heads up!

(Danielle) #8

@brenda I planning on joining in this time.

I plan on joining and doing a minimal fat fast because my body fat is already low.

I’m staring a 14 day Monday after my feeding window closes. So it will overlap with this. So, I’m in. :wink:

I’d like to join you!

(Richard Morris) #12

I’m not joining this month … still doing my low protein experiement

(Tom Seest) #13

You will be missed. I will eat air on your behalf, and in your honor.

(brian) #14

I’m in for this one

(Lisa Phillips) #15

I’m in! This will be my third one, though I wasn’t able to make it all the way through the first two times. I’m optimistic this time. I’ve just read Dr Fung’s new fasting book and I am pumped!

(Newimprovedme ) #16

I’m in also

(Keith Frentz) #17

I’m going to participate, tried a 48 hour fast this past week and actually enjoyed the experience. I also got a kick out of coworkers not believing I’m skipping lunch. I may have someone turn me in for a mental health evaluation! Anyone else drink ketoaid when fasting?

(Donald) #18

I’ll give it a try it’ll be my first extended fast. I’m usually a 16-8 kind of guy but experiments are fun.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

Yep. This is my recipe :wink:

(Alex Dipego) #20

Really wish I could, but stuck at 23hrs of fasting before feeling dizzy and hungry.