January 2017 Zornfast

(Keith Frentz) #21

Thank you! I had previous searched the forums for a recipe but it was before you had posted.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #22

@Abrane, one Zorn Fast, I did a test run of alternate day fasting. Maybe since you arenā€™t able to go beyond 24 hours that could be an option to help you build up your ā€˜fasting muscleā€™? You could start early and still get in a total of 3 days of fasting, just not consecutively. What do you think?

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #23

Iā€™m in!

#Queen Of My Domain

(Richard Morris) #24

(Alex Dipego) #25

I think itā€™s a combo of lifestyle and BF% for me. That or itā€™s that jump I just need to get past.

Iā€™ll practice this month as Iā€™m already doing 1 24 a week plus my regular 18~20/6~4 window. I think I need to plan that hiccup closer to bedtime rather than the middle of my day.

(T) #26

Iā€™m in! :slight_smile:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #27

Understandable. If you decide to jump in, weā€™re here to support. :grin:

Have you tried to plan it so that hours 18+ are when you go to sleep, getting you to 26 hours?

(Jenn W) #29

Oh! Oh!
Me too!!
Iā€™m in!

(Alex Dipego) #30

Itā€™s hard to with my work schedule but trying to make it work.

(John Spanos) #31

Iā€™m in. First fast for me. Trying to break a stall!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

Iā€™m changing my strategy. This is my 12th monthly fast. The last few have been harder. I still have plenty of bodyfat, but even without a DEXA image, I must be depleting my visceral fat. That is a good thing!!! And likely why fasting is more challenging.

My strategy is to make sure I am asleep at the 24 hour mark (my most difficult hour).
In order to do that, I am going to eat all the way up until midnight tonight, and be sure I am asleep well before midnight tomorrow. This has worked in the past. Then I plan to fast through Sunday afternoon.

(Scott Shillady) #33

Iā€™m in, finishing some chocolate pb cheesecake mousse before i turn in and plan to go til Sunday evening as well. Iā€™m going to fire up my smoker Sunday morning and feast on ribs pulled pork, and if i can find a good deal, brisket. going to work on designing a keto rub as the one I used to use had a lot of brown sugar

Iā€™m already fasting. What are you guys waiting for?

(Larry Lustig) #35

Todayā€™s Wednesday. Are you a day early?

I actually Started Tuesday nightā€¦ I always like a head start.

(Scott Shillady) #37

how the fuck am i supposed to fast when i have pb chocolate cheesecake mousse left?

Besides I like to copy Brenda, cuz sheā€™s like awesomesauce and stuff.

(Jenn W) #38

First long Fast and I know itā€™s gonna be bumpy! Figures I still have a touch of the plague going around work! Lots and lots of liquid is my game plan. I can do this!

Oh! I missed this post! :frowning: Usually I get a head start cause itā€™s way easier to fast during the week for me. Oh well, starting now! Actually started last night without even knowing since I havenā€™t eaten yet today. :slight_smile: Going through Saturday morning, so only 56 hours. Woo! Zornfast!!

Iā€™m out. Last month I was not feeling good after 3 days so Iā€™m skipping this month.

Have fun without me!