Homemade electrolyte drink?

(Bee ) #1

Hey yall. So I’m new on the keto train and it’s only been two weeks but I’ve been having these slight headaches. And I believe it’s because I’m not getting in enough electrolytes everyday. I read that (please correct me if I’m wrong) that daily I should have. SODIUM 3,000-5,000MG. MAGNESIUM 300-500MG. POTASSIUM 4,700MG. I’d like to have a recipie so one drink is all I need in it for the day. I was going to use pink himilayan salt, bulk supplements pure potassium chloride and bulk supplements magnesium glycinate. Problem is I dnt know how much of each to put in the recipie. Could someone please help me with this? Or maybe have a recipe of your own?

(Ron) #2

(Bee ) #3

Thank you so much! :+1::grin:

(Bee ) #4

Wait… So you drink 48oz of keto aide a day? That’s still only 580 sodium. 700 potassium and 150 magnesium. I’ve read everywhere that we need alot more.

(Ron) #5

You get some naturally from whole foods that you consume. You can track your intake through a tracker and adjust your supplements with your food to meet your needs.
The ketoaid is a safe level that helps you get started and is safe without overloading.
mm

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

We are all different, if I only consume the amount of magnesium my husband does, I would never take a poo. If he consumed what I do, he’d never leave the bathroom.

Make up some ketoaide, sip on it throughout the day, see if that helps. Did you have keto flu symptoms? Some people just naturally get all they need from their foods.

I do a varient of Brenda’s formula now. I need more potassium and magnesium. I eat pink salt all day long so I add apple cider vinegar instead of salt to the pot. and mag. Works for me.

(Bee ) #7

Yeah I think it’s keto flu. I’ll feel week. Or dizzy. And have a slight constant headache. Also my heart feels like it’s beating really fast for no reason.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

Sounds like keto flu. We need about 5 grams of sodium a day for maximal health. That translates to 12 grams of table salt, or 2.5 teaspoons. This includes the sodium already present in your food, of course.

(Phill) #9

Hi Bianca, I’m also a newby. To answer your question, just started Ketorade developed by Dr Ken Berry and his wife. Check the video on YouTube, where they’re making ketorade. I have been taking for couple days due to Keto Flu and it has helped a lot. Especially helpful in am when just starting the day plus the taste isn’t bad. Let me know if you decide to try it or have questions.

Hi Phill,

Where do you find the ‘ingestible essential oils’ ?