(Final thoughts/recap as I reach the end) Time To Try An Extended Fast! 21 Days or Bust

Done! 33lbs total loss

Last night I had some broth and this morning I had a few peanuts. I’m going to keep snacking on my little bag of peanuts throughout the day. I gotta say refeeding syndrome is freaking me out! I’ve read a lot and am trying to be smart but everyone says to break a fast with watermelon and fruit juices. I want to stay keto while ending it.

Thanks every one for the awesome support. Now I need to focus on not smoking again.

(Arlene) #42

“Everyone” does not say break a fast with watermelon and fruit juices. There are many who do say that, but only because they are vegetarian-based fasting sites.
There is good information to be found regarding ketogenic fast/feast cycling. It’s perfectly acceptable to begin your eating after fasting with ketogenic choices. If you’re worried, start with some bone broth and/or 2 eggs, then if that doesn’t bother you, add in some bacon and a few more eggs, gradually increasing your volumes and ketogenic food choices.

(Toni Peter) #43

That’s awesome @Niner!! You were damn brave to take on all of that at once and yet you did it like a badass. Congrats.

(Lauren Hardy) #44

I’m fairly new to fasting…what is a Zorn fast?

(Lauren Hardy) #45

I absolutely LOVE pink Himilayan salt! I add it to my morning coffee, all of my food and on really hefty cardio days, I add it and Ultima Replenish to my water.

(John) #46

A 3-day fast that Brenda Zorn does every month, and invites others to fast at the same time as her. If her last name were Smith, it would be a Smith Fast.

(Mike) #47

“Dr. approved…” That is good. The closest I could get to my doctor approving my21 day fast was a head nod … maybe you got more! :slight_smile:

(Bunny) #48

That means ‘yeah right you’ll end up eating something’ …lol

(Mike) #49

Probably so … but you should have seen his face when he looked at my weight number when I walked in against the numbers from my pre-fast … he asked if the numbers were right! Ha Ha … if they weren’t then he better fire the staff nurses that recorded them! Of course they were right!!

(Kimbrie Sauvageau) #50

I just have to say that is such an impressive display of true dedication and fierce discipline…you must have a great brain, hope at the end of your journey this go round you are happy with the body that goes with it :grin:

I am brand new, did a bunch of research friday, began to fast that night after dinner. I was only going to do 48 hrs as my initial fast, but got to 50 and feel surprisingly good and at this stage of the game that HgH is large and in charge and doing its thing. So I popped for 72.
I am not hungry at all, havent been at all, not once. Unfortunately when people mention insomnia it really is a thing, I couldnt sit still hardly let alone be lying in bed flipping this way and that. I just hope it doesnt like continue for too long as it was a real stinker. I have no doubts that I can handle extended fasts, but I think 3 days is a solid start, they say you gotta crawl before you walk…best of luck in your endeavours