FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #141

Good luck, Susan, you can do this!! I get cold when doing longer fasting as well.

(back and doublin' down) #142

Thank you, Saucey Susan! Encouragement and accountability help soooo much!

Less than six hours to go. Putting lunch in the oven. 3 full days fasting. And yesterday, despite the cold, was easier than Saturday. But rather disappointed in whatā€™s happening with the scale. Not giving up - will kick off the 4 day fast on Thursday. Iā€™m vowing not to go to the store until Iā€™ve wrapped up the 5 day fast, so Iā€™m going to be running out of Splenda and HWC, the two crutches so many suggest giving up. Going to try.

(Patricia) #143

Good morning, all -
Just over 86 hours or 72% into my fast.

When Iā€™m doing IF like a regular 16/8 or 18/6 or whatever, I allow myself the HWC in morning coffee, but not during an EF. Though, to be fair, I did have a tablespoon of grass-fed butter in the coffee yesterday morning. I was feeling really light-headed and needed to leave the house, drive and go to an appointment and didnā€™t want to be woozy on the way. It helped. Again, I think we each need to decide what gets us through sometimes. It doesnā€™t mean that in the future we wonā€™t be able to be ā€œcleanerā€ in our fasts. Butā€¦ no judgement as we each trust our bodies!

OH! This is what I really wanted to share! I ordered a Keto-Mojo - not sure when itā€™s arriving. Iā€™d been circling around this for months & months, and finally decided to take the plunge. Iā€™m determined to be more accountable to staying in mild ketosis in the future and believe this will help me know more clearly what my body is doing. Things Iā€™m reading strongly suggest that ketosis will help with keeping inflammation down in my body (I actually knew this before, but I read things to encourage and affirm me in this direction). Thatā€™s what the auto-immune condition is that Iā€™m addressing - inflammatory. Soā€¦ Iā€™m hopeful that the Keto-Mojo will be a good investment in my health.

Talk to you all later! KCFO

(Jane) #144

I have my annual physical blood draw tomorrow morning (new PCP) so will be fasting. Going to extend it to Thursday morning for a 36-hr fast with my hubby since I am working from home this week. Looking forward to it as I havenā€™t fasted in a couple of weeks.

Will be my third set of labs since going keto so interested to see how they changed from last year. Two years ago i was only a few months into keto and still losing weight.

(Susan) #145

@Paendora

I see you posted less then 6 hours to go 10 hours ago so guessing you completed that already so bit grats to you.

@NorthwoodsPat

Congrats on your 86 or more hours that you have completed so far, Patricia =).

@Janie

I hope that your physical results are good, I already know that you will easily make the 36 hours since you are Mrs. Pro Faster!! but best wishes anyway =). You look fabulous so hopefully the doctor will notice that too, Janie =).

(back and doublin' down) #146

I did! Thank you for asking! Itā€™s a feasting day for you as well, correct?

Had a nice lunch and will eat tonight. Tomorrow is Feast Day #2, but Iā€™ll be traveling, so not sure how to work that out. Then starting the 4 day fast on Thursday. I was a little frustrated with my weight this morning. My decision is to stick with the plan through the 5 day fast (which Iā€™ve never done before) and will then most likely return to 18:6 for the month of March.

(Susan) #147

Yes, today was a Feasting day but I am now going to Fast until Saturday at 5pm -for a 96 hour Fast. I am doing the Zornfast and with the IDM Protocol I feel it works better for me to start it on Tuesday nights (since even on the IDM the next time I would eat would be Thursday at 1pm so I would rather just do the 96 until Saturday (since our son will be here then).

I think that I will mostly do the IDM for a few more months at this point with this way of the Zornfast monthly as well -aim for the 96 hour mark once a month. We will see how that goes, but for now that is my goal =).

I wish you success for your next 4 day fast starting on Thursday and I hope that it goes well for you.

(Jane) #148

Got my blood drawn today. Took my glucose before I left and after I got home with my KetoMojo to compare with the lab. My glucose was 95 before I left and 88 when I got home so should be somewhere in between, although I would expect a lab to be more accurate than a home meter.

14 hours in and no hunger yet (not expected until after my usual lunch time LOL)

BG: 88
BK: 1.6
GKI: 3.1
Boz: 55

(Mame) #149

We are all rock stars! :boom:

I am having one of my ADF fasts today at 20h now, probably be about 26-30 hours long.

My migraine on Monday (they are sooooo rare now) kind of messed up my fasting timing but thatā€™s ok, I picked myself up, dusted myself off and now I will just keep on going.

I still canā€™t do OMAD, it seems. But now my ZornFast started and I am very hopeful. I expect fullness in the first 48 hours and no idea about the rest. I will be very pleased with anything beyond 60 hours but I do more if somewhat comfortably can, we will see.
I will go below 11 stones now, itā€™s something I surely didnā€™t do sinceā€¦ At least several months. Tiny, not very important thing but still, itā€™s nice.

(Jane) #151

Coming up on 24 hours and not really hungry. Had a good day and will break tomorrow with hubby. Short 36-hr fast and nice not to have to decide what to eat, cook or wash dishes!

BG: 88 (same as this morning)
BK: 2.5
GKI: 1.96
Boz: 35

(Patricia) #152

Finished my 120 hour / 5 day fast. Hallelujah! :smile:

Feeling fine. Thanks for the support, one and all! Iā€™m still tracking this thread so Iā€™ll be around to cheer you on!

(Tabania Crockett) #153

Congrats @NorthwoodsPat Patricia!

(Mame) #154

awesome @Janie and @NorthwoodsPat!

I finished up my petite fast as planned.
Measurements at 27 hours. bg=69, bk=3, gki= 1.3

Not sure about Thursday, most likely TRE. Will be cheering us all on no matter what.

(Susan) #155

@Janie ā€“ I love that that you and your hubby are doing that together, so nice.

@NorthwoodsPat --Congrats, well done!!

@cervyn --Congrats on completing your goal too.

Congrats, good job!

(back and doublin' down) #157

My four day fast is underway, shoot 12 hours in. Ate much cleaner these two feasting days, with the exception of a few slices of pizza at a function last night. Told myself I was going to fast for four days, why not. Slept terrible, but also away from home. Canā€™t wait to get home and caught up on all the threads!

I try to keep myself from this type of thinking, I am way too undisciplined to begin with :smiley:
If I want a long fast, I eat in a way that ensures a satiated next day: high-calorie, high-protein, extreme low-carb. A bigger amount of meat sounds a very good idea.. So I am surely fine the next day. I donā€™t have much discipline even though determination helps a bit, I need to be quite full then. Of course, itā€™s very individual, only the mentioned works for me.

Good luck!

(Jane) #159

Thanks. Itā€™s nice for the support but I really like fasting longer. Once I get past Day 1 it gets easier and then I am breaking but my hubby canā€™t fast longer than 36 hours so just happy to get in what I can.

No issues breaking this morning.

(Susan) #160

Nice, Janie. Would it be a problem for you to continue fasting? I realize he isnā€™t, but you could sip a coffee when he is eating and still hang out with him? I still have to cook all the meals and Gabriella is eating non stop in small amounts all the time, and always trying to share, haha so I am used to that even when fasting. It was just a thought =).