FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Patricia) #121

Adding you, @Chezza, to my list of recent “Inspirers”!! 133 hours! :clap:

(Mame) #122

Congrats on the fast and feeling so great during it.

Odd but to me at least it seems perfectly ‘normal’ My gut does some of the weirdest shit even when I am fasting. Right now I am having the ‘bloated while fasting feeling…’ which seems just flipping odd.

Most of the time I guess I think about the million of bacteria in my gut and how really…I have no idea what they are doing… and Shrug and laugh.

I am at 17h and feeling fine though bloated, the modest goal is to go 24h today.

I’m fairly new to longer fasting and have only just abandoned my ‘training wheels’ of having cream in my coffee whilst fasting. Don’t know what I was worried about! I’m supposed to be feasting now and have had one meal but have zero appetite for more.

Lots of people on here have inspired me so to have inspired someone else is awesome :blush:

Good luck going for the 24 hour :blush:. It’s always around day 2 that’s the hardest for me x

(Susan) #125

Congrats on 133 hours, that is fabulous =).

Did you do the Clark protocol? If you did, how did you find it?

(back and doublin' down) #127

On day one of the three day fast. Reserving my impressions until the end of the month. Feeling confident, took a nap during a bit of hunger.

(Mame) #128

thanks @Chezza and all. Wrapped on that 24h.

measurements: bg=77, bk=2.2, gki=1.942

You know it’s funny when I finished my first 9 day fast I thought. ‘well now I will never have an issue with a shorter fast’ All I can say to past me is HA! :crazy_face: I wish that had happened. It didn’t

Over the past 18 months of fasting I have noticed that it almost seems like every fast has a life of it’s own. I think it’s because both our minds and bodies keep changing as we lose weight and get healthier, so it’s like a new version of us is fasting… at least that is my theory. Or perhaps I am just weird.

Anyway, Sunday is a normal eating day, then my next fasting day is Monday. This may have it’s own challenges as it is a day off of work but it will be a good stretch I think.

KCFO!

(Susan) #129

This makes a lot of sense to me too, Mame.

So I finished a 5 day fast yesterday and feasted ketogenic style. Stopped eating when full and had two separate meals. Man I felt rough. Managed to get off lansoprazole for reflux when I turned keto but came back last night. Really disturbed sleep, didn’t feel deep at all and didn’t get the ‘runs’ that everyone talks about. My bowels have yet to notice anything has changed :joy:.

It’s another feast day today then starting Clark protocol tomorrow. Never thought I’d actually look forward to fasting but it felt so good!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #131

I have found this to be true. My longest has been 3 days and I tend to do 2 days. But OMAD can be tough. It is a mental game and sometimes I lose the game.

(back and doublin' down) #132

#metoo so very true, Eric.

@cervyn I totally agree. The curiosity of each fart is part of what keeps me going.

@Chezza Five days and now dropping into the Clark Protocol? Nice! I’d say that having accomplished the five day fast would make CP a “cake walk’ (and now my mind wants to go down a rabbit hole about that phrase) but the two posts above are a bit of a :warning: cautionary tale. Support can make all the difference. Will look forward to hearing how it works for you.

I’m on day 2 of a 3 day fast. Was totally lazy yesterday. Planning to be productive around the house in a staycation way.

(KCKO, KCFO) #133

Hit my scream weight today, since this coming Thursday is the start of Zornfast, I will do a 36 hr. fast then feast till I start that fast.

KCFO everyone.

Almost OMAD today (only a little fat and chocolate a few hours before my big meal, nothing worse than drinking a modest coffee with fat and heavy cream but it’s not OMAD for me and my macros totally show that, I try not to do this again)! I switch to carnivore now and expect wonderful satiation (my hunger already behaved today) and about half as many calories for the next week. This one was problematic, to put it lightly and there will be ZornFast too.
I was thinking about starting ZornFast a day earlier to avoid fasting on Saturday when it’s harder but I don’t think so now, I don’t mind if I won’t do 72 hours just 65 or something, it’s still more than my almost 48 last time.
More frequent extended fasting sounds desirable to me as I often eat way too much on a normal day and fasting is nice enough. Eating is pretty annoying sometimes, a too frequent chore that easily makes me hungrier if I don’t do everything right. I like eating but I need to do it so much… I feel better when I am well-fasted, more energy too…

(Patricia) #135

Just at 46 hours of my intended 120 hours / 5 days. I use the Zero app which is helpful… and shows me the percentage of the fast I’ve done as well as the percentage still to go. I think I just want to look at the percentage of what’s already “in the bag” and not think about the next days! But - just hour by hour, keep myself distracted and I’ll do it!

My husband isn’t a part of my fasting efforts which makes it a bit more challenging but he’s very supportive of what I’m doing which I really appreciate. Yay for support.

KCFO everyone!

(Mame) #136

Happy meal-less Monday to those who are fasting.

I am in at about 12 hours, going to 30 or whatever tomorrow. Feeling cruddy (not related to fasting) many, many muscle aches. I am hoping it’s from all my weekend activities and not some flu-like thing.

Will do blood measurements later but wanted to wish all a great day.

took measurements at 17h:
bg=78, bk=1.7, gki=2.55

(Susan) #137

@Chezza

Big congrats on the 5 day fast, that is terrific. I wish you all the best for the Clark protocol.

@collaroygal

Congrats on reaching your goal weight again, that is great.

@Shinita Best wishes on your fasting goals.

@NorthwoodsPat

Congrats on your 46 hours so far and best wishes to hit your 120 hour goal. You are blessed to have your hubby supporting your fasting -my family always call me anorexic and are very critical when I am fasting so I often try to not let them know when I am. It is easier that way.

@cervyn

Best wishes with your 30 hour goal, Mame.

I am fasting today on the IDM like usual, and will eat my 1pm lunch and 4:30 supper tomorrow night then Fast from 5pm tomorrow until Saturday at 5pm (hopefully) for a 96 hour fast. I need to stop then for my son being here on Saturday and having that meal as a family for supper.

Happy Fasting to all of you lovely people =).

(Patricia) #138

@Momof5, I’m sorry that you don’t have the family support, so it probably is MUCH easier just to keep it to yourself. I’ve done that with many friends (and actually, my brother and sister-in-law too) who think I’m crazy and give me some lip about it. Of course, some of those folks are not in good health themselves and I think just find it threatening that someone is actively engaged in trying to improve their metabolism, immune system and overall health. So, let’s just keep our chins up, lips sealed, and know we’re definitely doing the right thing for ourselves! :wink:

(Susan) #139

Yes! This works best for me, hehe. I love this forum though, it really is so lovely to be able to talk over all our Keto journeys with each other =).

(back and doublin' down) #140

20 hours to go on my 3 day fast! Yesterday was tough, today I’ve enjoyed a rare Monday at home. Have gotten really cold the past hour or so. I thinking an early bedtime tonight, along with a long bedtime routine will hopefully get me through these end of day hours.

KCFO!