FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #61

Congrats John =).

(Robert Desrochers) #62

96 hour in with 24 more to go feeling good keeping up my water an salt and made my chicken bone broth to ease out tomorrow
Getting 5 hours sleep at night and looking forward to a full night sleep
Bob

(Susan) #63

Awesome, your total for 120 is great =).

(Mame) #64

My ADFebruary adventure continues.

Started my fast after my last meal today. My only goal is that I fast through Monday. So that gives me a minimum fast of 30 hours.

Weā€™ll see how long I go come Tuesday, but for now time to focus on meal-less Monday!

See you all in the morning. kcfo folks!

(Susan) #65

You too Mame =).

So currently 70 hours in - had my salty water and did some soaking in epsom salt. I feel okay, a bit bored but trying to keep myself busy :slight_smile:

Only thing is that I get quite dizzy when i get up suddenlyā€¦ it lasts like a few secondsā€¦ but I donā€™t remember this from earlier fastsā€¦ guess I just have to get up more slowly :sweat_smile:

(back and doublin' down) #67

That started happening to me in December, and my PCP narrowed it down to blood pressure. It took a few weeks to get my meds straight. Fasting seems to mess with my bp. Congrats on the 70hrs! totally relate to the boredom. That reminds me to line up some ā€˜keep activeā€™ projects for the next few weeks.

12 hrs into a 66 or so hr fast (2 days). Feasted well, and then as I went to bed last night told myself that I really donā€™t like that ā€˜fullā€™ feeling like I used to. I like the empty feeling, or at least what the empty feeling signifies.

(Mame) #68

Itā€™s amazing how much we (ok me) can use food for entertainment, fun. I am still working on dismantling this. I want to get to the point where food is about fuel at least 90% of the time. I want freedom from those old food thoughts that are not helpful to me.
Thatā€™s one of the thing I loved and hated about carnivore, for me carnivore made food boring and only for fuel very quickly.

So todayā€™s fast, at about 15 hours, all going fine. Will take measurements tonight when I get home. Curious to see how I handle the stress that may go up due to workā€¦

Wishing all a very easy meal-less Monday!

Good luck with the 66hrs !

You must be right about the blood pressure. Had it measured a few weeks ago and it was on the lower side of normal, while a few months ago I usually was at the higher side of normalā€¦

Just got back from a short run, legs and energy were okay, mentally it was a huge struggleā€¦ better luck next time :slight_smile:

(Susan) #70

I find when I get that dizziness with fasting that taking extra salt helps me personally, so maybe try that? Congrats on the 70 pounds so far =).

Best wishes to @Paendora and to @cervyn on your fasting as well =).

I am doing my IDM so today is a fasting day for me as well =).

(Mame) #71

Wrapping up my Monday fast going until midnightā€¦ then beyond because I plan to be sleeping then. So will break sometime Tuesday 36 hours maybe?

At about 25 hours - bg=81, bk=3.4, gki=1.32

Feeling a bit plodding and not energized at all. My gut does have a nice emptiness though, I enjoy that.

Part of me wants to look at other peopleā€™s food and part of me thinks that would be a very bad ideaā€¦ Itā€™s felt like a long day all around. Grateful to be wrapping it up and for all of you companion fasters on the journey.

(back and doublin' down) #72

Sounds great, Mame!

Sitting here listening to music by my electric fire cause a storm is blowing in. Hot tea in hand, and considering a hot shower, early bed. And repeat that tomorrow when Iā€™m at 48hrs and headed to 66. These hours after work and before bed are the hardest.

At 88 hours now.

Weighed myself this morning and my BMI is below 30 for the first time in 10 years (I know BMI is a crappy indicator, but it still feels awesome ) :sunglasses:ā€¦ guess once I start eating again in 3 days I will go over again, but itā€™s still a good feeling.

Happy fasting !

(Susan) #74

Well done @cervyn @Paendora and @MadameChat --nice to have the BMI low (I have never tested mine so no clue ever what it has been but that is great that it is something that is making you happy)!

Also, grats on the 88 hours so far =-).

Itā€™s just your weight in kg divided by the square of your height in meters. I believe it was introduced as an indicator of obesity in large population studies. However nowadays it is interpreted pretty black and white by the medical community, which is limited in my viewā€¦

(Robert Desrochers) #76

Ended my extended fast last night at 120 hours I feel great this morning Iā€™m also off all type 2 diabetes meds this morning bg was 103 and I lost 9 lb
Bob

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #77

Way to go Bob. Awesome.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #78

I started a 2-day fast last night after dinner.

Trying to get in one more fast before my blood-draw for my annual physical next week. This will be my first fast after giving up coffee. Still having 2 to 4 mugs of light green tea each day.

@cervyn Food is still entertainment for me. Gosh, I want to break that habit.

Congratz !!

(back and doublin' down) #80

@Robert_Desrochers Congrats on kickinā€™ the meds! Thatā€™s gotta be one of the top amazing NSVs. WhoooHoooo for body healing!

@MadameChat so donā€™t make me do the math,lolā€¦how many days are you aiming for?

@daddyoh Eric, letā€™s define entertainment. Are you talking mindless snacking type of ā€˜I have nothing else to do so Iā€™ll eat somethingā€™ entertaining? I find, especially when fasting, that I am so much more creative when I do eat. I want that plate to be packed with beautifulness and flavor and heartiness and thatā€™s entertaining to me.

Over 1/2 day thru the first fast of the Clark Protocol. Trying to do this one day at a time and not think about that five day fast at the end. Had a short spell of being super cold last night, but not sure if itā€™s the fast or the weather here. Snowing today, but overall much warmer than the subzero weather that hit us most of Dec & Jan. Itā€™s a warm up a little and snow more season.

Will be checking in today, and tonight especially. Spent the tough hours last night watching videos from Drs. Urwin and Fung to get to bedtime.

KCFO my fellow fasters!