FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(back and doublin' down) #41

That’s just it! Switch it up! I’m a planner, so if I plan my feasting and fasting, I seem to do better than just seeing what the day holds, cause then it always holds feasting. You are spot on with the salt! Isn’t that a crazy new way to think?

Welcome! and keep us posted on your fasting. I dropped off for some months and came back specially to have this thread in my life. It helps soooooo much to share the journey and keep up with others’ journeys as well.

(Susan) #42

I am now losing about 2-3 pounds a month (when I include the Zornfast as well for 72+ hours of fasting, January I managed 91 hours) but 0-1 pound without this protocol so for me that is a big improvement =).I have lost 61 pounds on the first year of Keto and I have 102 more to lose, so hopefully in 2 more years I will be at goal =).

(Susan) #43

Welcome to the forum, Kara and welcome to the Fasting section as well =).

First morning in, and I don’t really like the first day of fasting :(.

I normally don’t eat in the morning, however when I start a long fast I feel mentally deprived the first day… the mind can de such a burden sometimes…

Good luck to everybody that is fasting today !

(Kara) #45

Thanks for the welcomes and encouragement! Yay for Keto buddies! I’m on day three and feeling fine I have given myself the runs having too much magnesium! I am continuing to take my vitamin sprays and Omega 3 oil with a bullet proof coffee so maybe I’m not being a purist but for the mo that is what I can deal with. How are you all doing?

(Kara) #46

Wow well done you what an amazing start to a new month - share share share!

(Kara) #47

Hi there what is the Clark protocol? Thanks for your comments about switching it up I am bit of a monster planner so the idea of switching it all around makes me twitch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: what listen to my bod! yikes never been able to that but five weeks in on Keto and the absolute gift is that hunger and food obsessing has GONE! I’m a Keto raving fan.

So I am 24 hours in at the moment and I could eat the world - but I don’t… I know it will be better soon…

Deep cleaned the kitchen today, neede to find a way to keep myself busy :crazy_face:

(back and doublin' down) #49

Isn’t it just the best? I love that feeling, and miss it when I backslide, hence the back and doubling down on keto and fasting. There’s several threads about the Clark Protocol, developed by a guy working with Brenda Zorn

Feast Two Days
Fast 2 days
Feast Two Days
Fast 3 days
Feast Two Days
Fast 4 days
Feast Two Days
Fast 5 days

I’m launching this today, having done 3 42hr fasts this week and coming off the 3rd. Will take me through the end of the month, and no food over President’s Day Weekend (3 day weekend here in the states). I forsee a couple of social engagement hiccups or hurdles. Will plan as judiciously as possible and not beat myself up. hopefully. This 3rd fast was tough, and I did break down for some fat last night. Just going to move on down the road.

(back and doublin' down) #50

This is on my agenda, and what a great way to keep a fast going cause who wants to dirty up a sparkling kitchen? WTG on the 24 hrs. Have you tried salt on your tongue?

I’ll take some salt tomorrow… never really felt that it helped me with hunger… pretty sure my hunger is mostly mental at this point in time…

Positive thing is that I am planning to wash all windows in the house, should keep me busy tomorrow :crazy_face:

(Kara) #52

Oh wow that sounds like a great plan thanks for explaining I will check out other threads. Great to hear how you’re getting on. KCAKO

(Susan) #53

You are very welcome to come to my house if you are mega bored and love cleaning… hahahah (sorry I just couldn’t resist).

Congrats on how well you are doing thus far. Is your significant other doing it with you as well this time?

Apropos significant others…
Today my SO told me he did some ~48 hour fast together with me once. I totally forgot it and I still don’t remember. He said he clearly remembers it… :smiley: He’s so not a fasting type, he eats every day 2-3 times, he needs that food to be satiated and he always loses fat (and feels big hunger) if it’s just 2 big meals instead or 2 big and a smaller one. But he can go hungry while I always eat when really hungry or tempted. He told me he did it for me, to support me. I don’t understand why that would help me but maybe I was different back then. Whatever, it’s nice :slight_smile: And surprising to me.

Today was shopping and relative visit and a mess but now I had my rebellious day, bought enough proper food and ready for some proper times again. It’s zillion times easier when I am at home, eating my own food.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #55

I’m only doing my OMAD for the next few weeks, no fasting, until I see what is going on with my glucose and insulin.

My SO is on a 2-week business trip at the moment so I’m doing it by myself. The last 2 fasts we did together and cut short at day 3 or 4 because he became ill (nausea, vomiting), while I felt great. Hopeful this time I will make it longer :star_struck:

Good morning all,

It’s 10AM where I live, had a good long sleep and the sun is shining. Currently 40-hrs in and I feel good. Sipping on a nice strong black espresso.

I went on the scale this morning, and it said I lost 2.3 kg (5 lbs) since yesterday - that’s a crazy amount of :sweat_drops:weight. We did have a house guest for the last few weeks and went out a lot more than usual - eating out, beers, had some midnight carbs, etc… which explains all the water retention, but still don’t think the scale ever went down that much in a day​:thinking:

Happy fasting !

(back and doublin' down) #58

This will do it to me every time! Glad your fasting got that back off quick! I went out last night (it’s a feasting day after all!) and woke up this morning swollen. Can feel it in my hands. Will feast more appropriately today, and then start my 66hr fast tonight.

(John) #59

Ended about noon on Saturday, so around 38 hours. See you folks again in this thread next week.

(Susan) #60

OH nice, good luck to you =).