FEBRUARY 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Mame) #81

Went to about 37 hours. Blood draw right before eating:
bg=71, bk=3, gki=1.3

Pleased that I did not over feed when I broke my fast. Feels weird to be eating in the morning though but I was physically hungry so I am all right with it.

ah well. I will be back to fast on Thursday but I will be cheering you all on in the mean time!

kcfo – yay

(Susan) #82

@MadameChat

Okay, thanks for explaininig =). Congrats on your fasting so far, and best wishes for the rest =).

@Robert_Desrochers

Congrats on the 120 hours, Bob! Also big grats in getting off the T2D meds and on your 9 pound lost, all very awesome!

@daddyoh

Best wishes on the fasting, Eric, and with the coffee elimination and with your physical next week =).

@Paendora

That is awesome, Susan, I am wishing you the best wishes making it through the entire protocol =).

@cervyn

Congrats on your 37 hours and your further fasting later in the week =).

Wow! Congrats! Once I did such a long one and I don’t know if I ever will do another but it would be interesting… How did you break your fast? I am mostly curious about how big was your meal? It’s a pretty long fast in my eyes, even I would be a bit careful and I am best with big meals, normally…

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #84

I try not to snack except leading up to dinner unless… Like the 30 mins before we sit down. I don’t go off plan in terms of carbs.

But we celebrate life with buffet parties and sometimes when watching college sports (wings, cheese). We still ate a lot at the holiday breaks but it was mostly prime rib and cheese and things like that.

But I do think about what I’m going to eat ahead of meals and I plan in my head, do we have the ingredients we need, etc.

However, I’m getting better. More and more I am relying on ground beef pre-cooked and frozen in portions, and bone broth frozen in portions and canned stinky fish. While I like these items, I don’t fantasize about them.

(Robert Desrochers) #85

Not sure how to blur out so I removed message
Bob

(Windmill Tilter) #86

This is awesome! Congrats and keep up the good work!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #87

Robert, you need to blur your foods in any fasting threads.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #88

I’m 25+ hours into a two day fast. I feel like I’m back in the fasting saddle again after a few rough months. Yea!!!

Today my stomach was making gurgling sounds in the am and then after the lunch hour it stopped. No issues after the noon hour today at all. I took a little salt a few times but not too much.

I cooked dinner for my ladies and sat with them as they ate. No issues.

I’ll bank the sleep hours and cruise through tomorrow. I do have a ton of energy. Maybe more than ever at the end of day one. I hope I can sleep. I wonder if this is because of zero coffee this fast.

Happy fasting everyone.

(back and doublin' down) #89

Way to go! Sounds like you are cruising right through. Nice!

If I can get through the next two hours…my proverbial ‘bailing out of a fast’ window…I can move on to some feasting days. I have some jalapeno poppers in my future. Meanwhile, I’ll keep watching Jason Fung videos.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #90

Woke up early which is usual when fasting. Feeling good at about 33 hours fasted. Going to hit the gym for an easy workout and sauna.

I’m interested in where my blood pressure will be post workout this morning. My fasted BP tends to be lower and even through I took one med out recently, my BP continues to decline with recent values in the 110/63 range.

Time to reduce the next BP med.

Day 5 is well on its way here.

I felt super bad yesterday night - nausea and dizzy… seriously considered to break the fast but couldn’t motivate myself to get up and cook something. Instead I took 1 teaspoon of himalaya salt and water and went to bed. Felt better this morning.

Question, how much salt should you be consuming during a fast? I think I have been taking 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day, but now think that may not have been enough :face_with_monocle:?

Hi all,

119hr in and I decided to break my fast at 120hr.

I haven’t felt great the past few days, and am too tired to properly trouble shoot. On top of that I think I’m coming down with some weird skin infection in my leg - not sure if it is related - but I had a minor fever this afternoon as well.

I hope I will feel awesome tomorrow when all the benefits of the fast will show themselves :slight_smile:

I’ll try again in a few months. Thanks for the support !

(back and doublin' down) #93

Glad you listened to your body. Might be the salt, could be a host of other things. I do think I use more salt when fasting, as much as two teaspoons a day by pinching here and there.

First of four fasts in the Clark Protocol done! I’ll have nice meals today and tomorrow, then on to the 3 day fast. A little nervous, but the thought of punching through this invisible barrier of Onederland keeps me focused. I’ve danced on the 200# line for months and just want to get below it. Looking back, I think this is a set point for my body. Meditating, and telling my body it’s ok to let that fat go, we’re going to be ok!

(What else is there to talk about?) #94

You’re doing great! Focus on one day at a time. You’ve got this!

I’m rooting for you! Keep us informed, I am very interested how such a crazy (to me, at least) fast series feel for someone (even though we all would have different experiences).
My body has a crazy obsession with 152 lbs, I think I should consider myself lucky… Though it’s still way too much for me.

(Susan) #96

@daddyoh

Grats on your progress so far and I am glad that your fasting is going well.

@MadameChat

Congrats on your 120 hours of Fasting, that is terrific =). I swallow a lot more salt when I am fasting as well. Every time a headache, leg cramp or hunger pain signals, I take 1 tablespoon of them and swallow it. I don’t like salted water. I also take 3 pills of the Magnesium Citrate a day on my fasting days (as well as feeding days) and my asthma pill that I take daily. This fast (IDM protocol so doing 3 -44 hour ones a week) so the current one I am doing went from last night at 5pm, until 1pm tomorrow -I am doing with only water and salt and no coffee/tea or herbal tea --I did take my asthma pill this morning still but i haven’t taken the Mag.Citrate.

You did great though, and should be proud of yourself, I hope that your leg will be okay, and if you need to get stuff from the doctor that it is easily fixed. Take care.

@Paendora

You are doing great so far, and I wish you all the best in continuing with this!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #97

Thanks, @Momof5

I broke my fast at about 46 hrs as intended. I felt a little brain foggy at the end of the day but did programming most of the day and worked almost 10 hours. I did not measure BG but I think it was a little low from the way I felt.

I broke the fast really slow with some bone broth + added collagen and pork rinds. then some salmon, beef chili (beanless) and green olives. Oh and HWC + coco powder . So far so good down under.

This morning my BP was 104/58 even with a recent de-med of amlodipine and no diuretic for 36 hours. My dr told me to not take my diuretic when I’m fasting so my BP does not go to low. 104/58 is lower than I want.

Time to de-med again (yea!).

Happy fasting all.

(Mame) #98

That’s great Eric! Congratulations.

I just kicked off what will be, at a minimum, a 30 hour fast. See you all tomorrow for support and blood measurements. I hope I have fab focus at work and don’t even think about food.

(back and doublin' down) #99

Thanks, Sweet Susan ~ you are so fun to do this journey with!

Unlike Eric, I broke my fast hard and heavy…lol. jalapeno poppers, chili, baked chicken wings, 1/2 of an avocado and cucumber salad. So far no bad side effects. I’m sticking with a lighter dinner.

Meanwhile, the hours before I ate were a bit intense. I was light headed in a low blood pressure sort of way. So, note to self, cut back on that little bp med (on the smallest dose available) while fasting. I also had super energy. Will be interesting to see how I do by Sunday on Day 3 of the next fast.

(John) #100

Doing a mid-week fast this week instead of Fasting Friday (which is Valentine’s Day, and we have plans for dinner). So far about 33-34 hours I guess, depending on when I last ate Tuesday evening.

I am still fasted now, about to have my second cup of coffee. Will play it by ear to decide when to stop. Maybe lunchtime today.