FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #142

Up earlier than my usual early rise at 4 am. I think the ketones woke me up. Hello morning. 33 hrs in and BG 101 (Dawn effect) and Ketones 1.5. Not bad since 8 months ago my BG would be 130 or more. Dawn effect is slowing improving.

Going to break my fast at about 36 hrs. Was going to go longer but last night we got great tickets to a competitive college basketball game for tonight and will have to [spoiler]eat downtown[/spoiler]. I did not want to break a fast [spoiler]eating out[/spoiler].

(Allie) #143

Congrats Claudia :heart_eyes:

(Allie) #144

I was at 36 hours this morning and felt like I couldn’t easily kept going, but have set the plan of doing ADF this week so went ahead with my planned breakfast and didn’t even manage to eat half of it :joy:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #145

Thanks so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Its just a huge stressor gone. No more financial setback, no more time spent for lessons and driving with my dad (I will still keep that up occasionally because I love to bond with him that way, but I’ll just be more flexible)
More time for selfcare, and it’s just a massive confidence booster…

(Allie) #146

It was one of the biggest positive events in my life that enabled so many changes and so much growth, I hope you get the same benefits I did or even better! :heart:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #147

Yep, I hope so too. I won’t get a car yet because I simply don’t need it right now, But just having the option to use a car sharing service whenever I need to, is awesome.
(also volunteering as designated driver gets me out of social pressure to drink ;D)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #148

:+1::+1::+1:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #149

Just discovered a new podcast:

Works for EF too… I like the positive vibes around it perfect for my lunch walk or during household chores in the evening.

Congrats! :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #151

(KCKO, KCFO) #152

Congrats, it is a rite of passage in the USA for sure.

(KCKO, KCFO) #153

That’s a new one to me, thanks for sharing it. I just took a peek at the episodes and saw many I will be listening to soon.

I just downloaded The “FRED” Podcast from that site and listened to it.

Quite impressive!

(Allie) #155

I’m just listening to it now

I was actually planning to Fast from a yesterday’s early/mid-day meal until tonight, for a small 30-36 hr. (Since I need to do more of those, along with the 4 and 5 day Fast) but I realized I still had some stuff here at work in my fridge I wanted to use up before this Friday. … So I only did 25 hrs., but at least I took care of the few things in my fridge. … Just gearing up for March. :slight_smile: Actually looking forward to it.

(Allie) #157

So tomorrow I’ll be fasting again, playing with ADF this week. I don’t normally eat anything after about 1pm but realised I was only at about 700 calories for the day so got some [spoiler]macadamia nuts[/spoiler] at lunchtime just to get calories up even though I wasn’t hungry. Maybe next time I’ll go with it and see how I get on, but today 700 calories just seemed way too low…

Allie, what did you think of the podcast?

(Allie) #159

Very good, he’s made amazing progress. I suspect he would do even better if he went full keto rather than holding on to the carbs like he is, but still amazing changes he’s made in his life and to his health.

That’s probably right…although there are certain people who seem to get along pretty well with higher levels of carbs than I can tolerate.

Carbs can even give me a headache upon arising in the morning, plus they mostly also just make me want EVEN MORE carbs.

Not good…

(KCKO, KCFO) #161

Same here. Once I started on eating carbs, it would just go on and on. LCHF/KETO has taught me not to do it anymore.

My husband with T2D can even tolerate more carbs then me. He has his BS numbers to prove it and he never lets me forget it either. Any day over 50 carbs and I am totally toasted.