FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #122

Dave,

Stay Safe. We got 1" of wet snow and sleet and the roads were okay for us in Richmond VA. Seems worse where you are.

Yes sir, same to you as well. I only have a few more hours on this shift before I can head back home for a short break. … The snow has slowed some, but now we’re getting some ice in the mix, so just hoping it breaks open to all rain here shortly, or I will be getting back up at Midnight for another long shift. :slight_smile:

(Bob M) #124

Well, my last attempt at a 36 hour fast was a failure. Was great until I got home, and then I suddenly got really cold. [spoiler]And everyone just sat down for dinner. I ended up eating.[/spoiler]

Trying another 36 hour fast today, but I have to take my mother to her first chemotherapy [spoiler]and come back likely to my family sitting for dinner again.[/spoiler] Mentally, today will be tough. We’ll see what happens.

I do know I’m not at this point ready for [spoiler]one meal a day, though. I eat way too much when I try to do that.[/spoiler]

Presently just checking in at 69 hrs. and all’s well. I may have gotten too much sleep last night, due to not knowing if they would require another long snow shift. But the storm turned over to rain, so when I learned this, I didn’t have much choice other then to just force myself back to sleep, opposed to staying up all night and coming in zonked. … But am taking a person day tomorrow, just to get away. :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is Fasting along with no issues, I know the lousy weather does bother some folks…

(KCKO, KCFO) #126

I’m doing the Zornfast. I had been doing Dr. Panda’s TRE window fasting, and I am looking forward to a couple of days with no food at all. I actually missed my 36 and 48 hr. fasts I normally do. This was an experiment for me. I liked it except for missing full days of fasting.

Hope everyone is fasting and enjoying it.

(Bob M) #127

I find longer fasts really do get better after the second day, even better after the third day, etc. Good luck.

I think the cold has a role. I’m working from home in my unheated basement, and it’s a bit chilly. Add the normal chilliness I get when fasting, and it adds up. My hands are cold now, and I can’t tell if that’s something from my fasting (this used to happen all the time, but I thought I got over it), or from being in a cold basement.

(Todd Batitis) #128

I have been doing 20:4 IF (TRF if you prefer that version of terms) daily since June 2018. One of my goals though for 2019 was to start doing extended fasts, starting at 3 days and working up to doing at least a 3 day each month with a few 7 day fasts per year.

I am currently 60 hours into my first 72 hour fast with no problems. It will probably actually a 68 due to the timing of my feeding window but that is just a timing thing to get back on track for my 20:4 IF’s.

I have gone without food for 72 hours over a decade ago when throwing a hissy fit (don’t ask) so I knew I COULD physically do it as my diet then was extreme SAD in the 6000+ calorie range each day. I can say this much, being fat adapted it is MUCH easier. Hit a little salt now and then and keep up the hydration I do daily anyways and it has been a breeze so far and pulling 3.3mmoL on my keto-mojo this morning.

Bring on the autophagy!

(Allie) #129

So today I decided to fast… and it’s freezing outside, and the heating in the office isn’t working :weary: I’m sitting at my desk with my coat on still… :cry:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #130

I Started too… currently in for 13h. goal is at least 36.
I Have my driving test tomorrow and being at 35h fasted should be the perfect state of fasting focus wise…

Weather is good, i made up with my “office husband” I was driving really well this weekend (for the first 3 hours then I started to get tired:sweat_smile:) this weekend so tomorrow I should be able to pass easily.

Life is well so there are no excuses not to fast, (plus i need to keep the apartment clean because I’ll have a potential new roomie coming over… (fasting is perfect for this, leaves me plenty of time to cleen up everything else.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #131

Started after dinner last night. Will go at least to 36 hours but might push it to 48. I have my annual physical with my primary care physician this morning so if she orders more blood tests I’ll be fasted.

(Allie) #132

I’m at 16 hours and freezing cold but couldn’t eat if I wanted to as I’m stuck at work and didn’t bring any food.

(Allie) #133

It’s warming up now and I’m feeling really hungry but will get out for a walk in the sun soon so hopefully that will help me feel better.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #134

Right there with you allie, I’m getting to hour 19 and am freezing cold.
Can’t wait for zumba tonight to kickstart my metabolism…

(Allie) #135

Thankfully I’ve warmed up nicely since my lunchtime walk as it’s lovely and sunny outside now :heart_eyes:

Hope you warm up soon Claudia :heart:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #136

I had to grab a coffee -.- :sweat_smile:

But I am feeling better now. Here it’s sunny too but a mean cold wind…

(Bob M) #137

Just watch how long you fast before getting blood tests involving cholesterol. 12 hours = OK, any more than that, questionable. The highest readings I ever got were fasting 4.5 days. Fasting makes my total cholesterol, LDL and trigs go up and my HDL go down.

I broke a 89 hr. Fast on Friday, then ate Friday night, 2 meals both Saturday and Sunday, then a mid-day meal today. But I’m 8 hrs. in to another. Probably make it a short one since I’ve been wanting to add some of those smaller ones in as well. … Probably go just tomorrow night, but if not, Wednesday.

(Shane) #139

Another benefit of IF is being able to do a fasting blood test every morning :grin:
Saves an extra trip into town when you can do it at the same time.

(Shane) #140

Looks like I’ve started another extended fast.
I ate the last of the fresh/open food last night in preparation for spending a few days to a week or so on my boat. I was even thinking of doing a bit of hunter gatherer to stay keto instead of buying a heap of food on the way.

It’s taken a week to drop the weight (and a little extra) I put on when I went away a week or so ago and I was borderline/just keto the first few days and the last few days my BG has been dropping down into the mid 4’s in the arvo and ketones increasing and I haven’t felt like eating breakfast until almost dinner time.
Anyway It’s going to be a bit warm to spend days out on the water this week and my body says it’s time for another EF. Maybe a bit warm to want to eat much too :wink:
32=90f and 38=100f
I had to put my electric blanket on last night, it was that cold (less than 25 (77f) inside). Don’t judge me.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #141

passed 36 h easily as I past my drivers test, finally …
Try to push it to at least 48h