FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #102

Here is a link to part one of a two part interview with him. He explains the reseach he has and is still doing on time restricted eating windows based on our biological clocks. It is different than just IFing.

I was going to say she may have forgotten since it was posted elsewhere first, but then it just blurred out while I was typing. :slight_smile:

(Amanda) #104

Thanks for the Blur reminder! It slipped my mind.
My apologies if it made anybody’s day more difficult.

My guess is, it might have been this. :point_up: … But yes, as to breaking a fast, I find like most others that I can’t use Eggs or Nuts. And if I do, I too with have bathroom issues for an hour or so afterwards. … I’ve been eating a small Salad with OO and a bit of dressing, since it was suggested to me a while back. So far this works pretty good. I also remember someone (@Brenda ?) mentioning to eat a couple bites of meat, and then waiting 30-60 minutes, and this works as well? (But I haven’t tried this yet myself)

It’s not always easy identifying those items that will cause you stomach issues upon breaking a Fast, so once you find something that works well for you… you may want to stick to that regimen. :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #106

23h here… Keeping busy by going through all my vcrs before I get rid of them.
Most are full of music videos from 18 years ago. Sooo funny :rofl::rofl:

(Susan) #107

It snowed about two feet here, which is unusual for us on this Island. I went to work Sunday at a lake about 40 km from home and ended up getting a room at a Lodge with a kitchen for my off hours. I came home this morning.

I have been feasting for 4 days, eating TMAD and lots of[spoiler] HWC[/spoiler] in my coffee.

My last meal was 13 hours ago and I am going to fast for two days or so, maybe longer if it feels right.

167.9 lbs. I gained 2.6 lbs in 4 days of feasting.

(Heather) #108

Broke my fast at 65 hours. I’m good with that.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #109

42h outside its a lot warmer than the last few weeks, but my fingertips are still popsicles.
Once I am done working and through with my pump class I might consider breaking my fast…

(Susan) #110

There is something wrong with my scale. I stayed awake after work yesterday morning and went to bed early last night. I slept 10 hours and the scale this morning said 163.8 lbs, down 4.1 lbs from yesterday. I have been fasting for 40 hours, but that seems a stretch.
I will not weigh myself till tomorrow and see if it’s back to normal.

(Allie) #111

I’ll always lose about that much from a fast of the same length but it goes right back on after

(John) #112

Even though I wasn’t planning on another 1-day fast this month, I felt so good during my first 48-hour fast last weekend that I’m doing another impromptu one right now. 31 hours so far, since first thing Friday morning (had breakfast Friday).

I should really do these during the week when I’m busy and need the extra time. Weekends are when I actually have time to shop and deal with meal prep. :thinking:

Edit:
Ended it around 36 hours a little while ago. I wasn’t particularly hungry and could have kept going without any real effort, but I view these 24-to-48 hour fasts as a very powerful tool and I don’t want to overuse it.

It’s just that - I really enjoy it. Complete freedom from food with no hunger. I am interested to see how long I can go (within reason). I feel no different than I usually do, except I’m not eating.

I think sometime in March I’ll try for a 3-day just to see.

(Susan) #113

Ended my fast last night at 72 hours. Digestive system is fine this time.
I will be doing the February Zorn Fast starting Wednesday, but my carb burning grandson will be here so it might be hard. I am used to having the cupboards and fridge to myself with no temptations in the house.
I am going to have him watch The Magic Pill with me so he has a better understanding of what I am doing and why. I don’t expect him to adopt any of the ideas, he is 20 and invincible.

Nice idea. :slight_smile:

You never know? And if you did happen to instill anything in him at his age, he would be so much ahead of the game, unlike some of us here. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, my wife is asking if I would start my Fast after Monday night’s dinner this week instead of Sunday, since Monday’s a Holiday. So I might just do that. So If I do go ahead and do 120 hrs. it would take me into Saturday, which would still work.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #115

I wanted to do my usual Mon-Wed fast, I am 11h in, but I am somehow insanely hungry…

Sipping coffee hoping it will pass…

Hi there! During the last month I started an omad eating style and I really think it is amazing. Coffee and tea do not break your fast, as long as there are no further additions (I don’t like bulettproof so I haven’t search that so far). Today I am starting a week water fast, I hope I will be able to keep it that long! My main problem is my psoriasis (which is getting better since I started intermittent fasting and keto) and some excess weight. I wish all you best and keep up to your goals! :slight_smile:

(Bob M) #117

Good luck during your week of fasting. I have to have black coffee, tea, and herbal tea to make it through fasting. I’m going for two 36 hour fasts this week, Monday night-Wednesday morning and Wednesday night to Friday morning (will workout Wednesday and Friday morning).

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #118

I finished a 33h this morning, had a good Carnivore Breakfast and trying to do another 24h just for convenience reasons… loads to do

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #119

Fasted Sunday late dinner to Tuesday 9:30 am (38 hrs). Monday was a little harder than usual. But Tuesday my blood pressure was a little lower. Slow steady progress with fasting helping my BP.

Will IF 18/6 the rest of this week.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #120

I am trying to do a 48 hr fast as I am getting over a cold. I used to get mental clarity when I fasted longer, but now after 36 hrs, I actually get sluggish and brain fog. I have lots of energy and I take a 1/4 tsp of salt every 2 hours so I don’t think its my electrolytes. My normal eating pattern is 18:6 or OMAD and I has been for 2 years. So I am not new to fasting and I have been keto for over 4 years.

Presently at 41 hrs. and feeling great. Been up since Midnight, but still have another 4 hrs. in this shift. I’m hoping to be back home by 4pm, if possible. And if the snow gets worse, I may be back in here again tomorrow at 2am? Will have to see how the storm goes. Supposed to be switching over to rain though.