FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #82

Started a 36-hr fast last night after dinner. Having my salted black coffee this morning.

I didn’t blur coffee since I don’t think the mention of black coffee would really trigger anyone’s hunger while fasting … but if it does please let me know and I will edit.

KCFO

(Jane) #83

My BG dropped to 52 (2.89) on day 3 of my last EF. My ketones were also the highest I’ve measured 7.6.

I felt fine and not weak or shaky so I kept on fasting for another day. My liver made me some glucose because the next time I checked my BG was higher w/o any calories coming in.

(Heather) #84

I’m trying something new this round - dry fasting. 36 hours in. My plan is to make it to 48 hours and then transition to water fasting. I went this route because I was having trouble completing any sort of fast due to “hunger pains”. No hunger pains this round! We’ll see how things go.

(Jane) #85

14 hours in on a short 36-hr fast

BG: 81
BK: 1.4
GKI: 3.21

I’ve never done one myself, but just make sure to watch for dehydration, meaning any signs of it. :slight_smile: … Hope it works out for ya though.

(Heather) #87

Thanks, @Digital_Dave! I am keeping a close eye on dehydration. I am very “in tune” to any signs of it, so I won’t be taking any chances.

Good to hear, just stay safe :slight_smile: And I’m not sure I’ve heard many folks on here mentioning dry fasting, so some might actually like to hear what you think afterwards? :+1:

(Heather) #89

@Digital_Dave I will report back!

(Jane) #90

Made it past clock-lunch with no hunger. Sucked on a few pink salt crystals. Will make up a ketoaide for me and my fasting hubby to sip on.

(Jane) #91

Not quite 12 hours in. Clock-dinner time so some tummy growling going on. Nothing I can’t ignore.

BG: 78
BK: 2.6
GKI: 1.67

Hopefully starting to get some autophagy going on and through the night while I sleep.

A few more hours and I will turn in and sleep through the rest of my fast. May wait until lunch to break tomorrow so I can extend it to 42 hrs.

(Heather) #92

Broke my dry fast at 43 hours and transitioned to water fast. I may drink water this evening and go back to dry fasting tomorrow. I’ll see how I feel.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #93

12h in what i want to be a 48h fast.
This time without added fat. coffe, tea and water/salt only

lets try again, I had a good refeeding the last few days. Work was so crazy maddening and frustrating…

(Bob M) #94

It doesn’t help when work is tough.

I made it my second 36 hour fasting this week. Will only have one 36 hour fasting next week, due to having a holiday on Monday (one of my best fasting days). Will be with the family instead (though I’ll work from home that day).

This what exercise does to my glucose-ketone index:

The two left-most columns are ketones (have two monitors, one at home, one at work), the 40 is from a ketonix, the 86 and 102 are blood sugar (again, two Contour Next EZ, one at home, one at work, in one column, though), and the calculated GKI. A doubling of GKI just by exercising.

(Jane) #95

Technically broke my fast at 35 hours with a fatty coffee. Won’t refeed until 42 hours at clock-lunch today.

(KCKO, KCFO) #96

I am just following Dr. Panda’s protocol. I will be doing that til Wed. night when I will start the Zornfast next week.

I think I have pushed my set point down a smidge, I see one number a lot more than in the past and it is 4 lbs. under my original goal weight. So I am thinking I might keep doing Panda’s protocol after the Zornfast and see if it was just a change up my body needed or if it is something my body REALLY wants to do.

(Jane) #97

What is Dr Panda’s protocol?

(Heather) #98

@Janie I would like to know this as well.

(Amanda) #99

I posted this over in the ladies section, but I thought I might get more guidance over here, as it is not a ladies only question.

(John) #100

My longest fast was 48 hours. I ended it with a pretty full meal. [spoiler]Barbeque beef brisket, barbecue pork rib, and cole slaw.[/spoiler] No digestive issues.

Also - you need to blur out your food references in your quote, per the sub-forum guidelines.

(Bob M) #101

I have yet to figure out anything that does not cause a similar effect to what you have experienced, and I’ve been doing this (fasting) for almost 4 years. I’ve tried everything.