February 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #1

Thought I’d bring us into the new month… :slight_smile:

I’m just doing 16/8 at the moment and REALLY struggled this morning, was actually counting down to when I could eat!

Fasting Pep Talk
January 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome
(Jennifer) #2

Just shy of 90 hours and feeling good. Just checked ketones and I am at 5.9, the highest I’ve seen. Not sure if I will eat today or tomorrow. My 1-year ketoversary is Saturday and I was hoping to get to 90 pounds down, think I’m gonna miss it by two… But I’m not complaining!!

(Liz ) #3

Thanks for starting the new thread! Sorry your IF was tough. I was so hungry this morning too, had coffee with tbs butter, tbs MCT, and salt and it backed off.

But if I’d stayed hungry I would have eaten a full meal. I see those moments as “mix it up” opportunities to keep my body guessing. Surprise! Breakfast! LOL.

(Liz ) #4

Great progress! Cheering you on!

(Allie) #5

Fantastic progress!

(Allie) #6

Normally I have a very loose structure, almost random structure with the 16 being minimum but normally I go several hours past it and then my eating window begins, sometimes ends up being OMAD, so every day is different. This morning was very unusual.

(Mark Rhodes) #7

I did a 36 Monday and another today to end sometime tomorrow. Friday through the Superbowl-FEAST… Then a 5 day or more with a break between Valentine’s Day which is also my wife’s birthday. After that I will be feasting up to my next Dexascan on the 17th. That scan will create the next two or three months plan.

(Liz ) #8

So I’m curious, did you ride it out? Or did you eat?

(Liz ) #9

Very cool plan and advance happy birthday to your valentine! Be sure to let us know the Dexa results.

(Heather Miller) #10

Thanks for the new thread. I have been basically stalled on weight for 3 months or so but have had some changes in how my clothes fit. My sugar level (t2d) have been great except during times of stress over the holidays. I have really learned how I am affected by cortisol and lack of sleep ( jumping from 5.0 average to 6.8!)

Plan for the next bit is to concentrate on true fast /feast cycles and eat more when I eat , eat less (no broth /hwc) when I fast. I have been cold in my last couple of fasts so fear my metabolism may be a bit out of wack. So… I ended a 40 hour fast this morning with sausage and eggs cooked in bacon grease and coffee with cream. Will listen to my body and eat two or three meals today and on days I am not hungry I will truly fast. My body loves fasts of 38 to 48 hours so I see plenty of alternate day eating this month.

(Tessy M.) #11

Thanks for starting this thread! I intended to get back into IF this morning, start the month out right! Unfortunately, at 3:45 am my brain was on autopilot and I had my normal morning breakfast before I even knew what I was doing!
Tomorrow it begins, at 7:00am :blush:

(Allie) #12

I waited. Was at work and thankfully a colleague needed help with something so I ended up being ten mins later than I wanted to be :joy:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #13

Thank you, @Shortstuff!

Happy New month/year, everyone. MIA here in the forums, but behaving. Busy year ending/starting.

Will try to get caught up!

Not minding the stall since I feel great, but I know there is always room for improvement!

Wishing you all the best!

I’m always in awe of people who manage EF regularly. The only time i have managed it has been when ill - at which point it was easy.

I just can’t go to sleep when hungry. I’ve tried lying there till 3 or 4 in the morning. But i just get stressed and antsy. 36 hours or so is easy, but that second night… and there are v few days when that level of sleep deprivation is OK.

So I usually just do an irregular routine of one or two meals a day. Currently ZC.

(Jeanne Wagner) #15

Well since Monday last week, I’ve been 22-24 hour fasting. Did a 3-day fast over the weekend, and then did more 22-24 hr fasting this week… BUT. I got pretty hungry around lunch yesterday when I hadn’t been so much in the previous days. I had been adding grated Parmesan to my salads and this time I just didn’t want any. I had shaken some in the bottom of the bowl but since I ran out of dressing and forgot to get more and forgot that I forgot… I ate it dry. And just threw the cheese away. Some got on the veggies but not much. Besides it has starch in it to keep it from clumping - thanks to that person who posted that somewhere on the forum… I didn’t realize that. Today I had palpitations all morning. Not fun. I loaded up on salt and eventually they just peacefully stopped. Usually it’s a hard thump.

So today for lunch I really loaded up - well for me anyway. And I felt so refreshed! That was a new feeling. I won’t eat again until tomorrow at lunch. It’s been pretty darn easy to do that most days, but I’m concerned I’m not getting the nutrients I need. Only taking B12 supplements currently.

I’m contemplating doing another 3 day fast this weekend, Fri-Sat-Sun.

(Belynda) #16

Newbie here… I have been doing keto for almost a month now (1 month on Monday), and am going to start 16:8 fasting 4 days a week starting next week.

Is Keto coffee part of the fast or no? (2tbsp butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp heavy cream in 1 cup of coffee)

(Mark Rhodes) #17

I’ll be surprised if its as good as the previous one. I am hoping for another 5 lbs of loss which all the fasting should account for plus. But I have gained weight. So we will see. Fortunately I do not get discouraged easily. I take any setback as a challenge and any success as a new bar to exceed.

Not specifically planned, but have been following about a 22:2 plan as I have just not been hungry enough to eat more than one meal a day. My problem has been that when the hunger comes it comes fast and hard. Then although I’m not eating more than I should for the day I feel like I eat too much and stomach is just full for hours and hours.

Any thoughts/tips from those of you who have followed IF for awhile?

(Liz ) #19

I don’t have any advice but I will say I experience the same thing. It’s all Keto foods, but I tear through it like a Tasmanian devil when I break any kind of fast, be it IF or EF.

I’m at a stage where my appetite has normalized a little bit. At ten months in I don’t have that absolute non-hunger I got earlier in the process. I’ve been trying to eat a full lunch and that seems to help me from being nutty at dinner time.

But if you aren’t hungry, don’t eat, you know? It’s complicated. I guess what I’ll say is, whatever is going on with you now, it likely won’t last forever because the Keto experience seems to shift moth to month.

Hi, I’m brand new here… And new to keto too, just started the beginning of this year. I did one 3,5 day fast, one 7-day fast and a few 42-hour fasts in January. I was initially meaning to do 42 hour fasts every other week and a three-day fast every other week, but lately I’m leaning more towards fasting Monday thru Friday. However as of now, I don’t have a schedule yet.

Now I’m at 47 hours, and I’m not quite sure how long this one’ll be, but right now I’m thinking 9,5 days - until Friday next week, since I have weekend plans.

This morning my weight was finally less than what it was on Jan 13 when I ended the 7-day fast. Glad to be back in business. :slight_smile: