February 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

Thanks @LizinLowell for the response.

Not new to keto, been doing that for a little over a year, but didn’t do much IF in that first year. Thought I would gradually kind of work into it as a different strategy.

Will probably take me some time to figure things out!

(Liz ) #22

You bet. I’m always tweaking my regimen and keeping things shifting. My instinct is to get into a groove I can just ignore and be on autopilot, but your body will take that as an opportunity to see it as a rut. So mixing it up, as Megan Ramos suggests, is ideal.

(Tessy M.) #23

I am from Wisconsin. This made me cry a little :joy:

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

Thanks, I was going to do the same, glad I saw this first.

I hear you on the struggle, I wanted to do 36 hrs. from last night, I made it to 16 and had to eat something. Bummed I couldn’t tough it out. But I refeed well today and will try for the 36 going forwards.

I signed up for the two free months to the IDM community. Wanted to see what it is all about, if I can pick up more tips on fasting and more info on keeping healthy kidneys, bones, etc. I paid less for 3 months than WW would have cost for one month. After three months, I’ll decide if it is worth it or not. I did listen to one of the videos and learned a magnesium trick I can hardly wait to try. I need lots of it to keep things moving along. But the pills are awful and too much mag. citrate can cause even me to get disaster pants.

KCFO
KCKO

I decided to quit coffee at least on the longer fasts due to it possibly stopping autophagy - I was drinking a lot of it, although I suppose less since I went keto… Anyway I had my last cup about 60 hours ago, and I’m doing pretty good.

I woke up to this morning 54 hours into my fast and according to BMI no longer morbidly obese. :relaxed: :yellow_heart:

(Jun Yutuc) #26

Greetings everyone!

I am on my first ever attempt of doing EF. I am currently on my 41 hour of fasting already. I just had an ACV 2tbsp w/ lemon, cream of tartar and himalayan salt and greentea. Right now, i am starting to feel hungry or at least my mind is telling me to eat. I am annoyed also with the “bad breath” I am experiencing. Not sure if this is hunger breath or keto breath or are they even th same.

I have a additional question too. Last night, I checked my BG it was 92mg/dl. This morning, I checked again it is showing 102mg/dl. Is this a bad sign? I dont know if I am T2D so I am worried about the 102 score.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #27

Hi guys! Thanks for the new monthly thread. I keep telling myself that it’s time for a longer fast but find myself standing infront of my freezer taking out more food to thaw and cook. I’ve been stalled for over a month now, even with my 72-hour, 96-hour and 48-hour fast in January. So, I’ve been doing OMAD, and just staying off the scale. You guys are inspirational.

Way to go!! Quitting coffee and getting into a new bmi category!! You must feel amazing!

A BG between 70-110 is within normal limits.

(Jeanne Wagner) #30

People talk about day 2 or 3 being the tough days when they get hungry. Last weekend it was day 1 for me… Ten day 2 and 3 were relatively easy. Never hit a ‘fasting high’ though. Today would be my day 1 and I’m already pretty darn hungry. It’s only 10 am. Maybe I’m not eating enough fats to keep me satiated? I at a large lunch yesterday, and meant to skip dinner which I ‘mostly’ did…but was feeling pretty poorly. I attributed it to low salt/electrolytes so I had 3 pickle spears, and 3/4 c pickle juice. And salt water. Loaded UP on that salt. So the pickles must have broken the fast. It was kinda late at night so I didn’t just eat a meal. I’m still trying to figure this fasting stuff out. I need to get Dr. Fung’s Ultimate Guide to Fasting…hopefully that will help.

Made it to 42 hours yesterday. It sort of happened by accident. I didn’t notice much difference from my normal 20/4 routine.

(Jennifer) #32

I made it to 92 hours. Was planning out the weekend meals and just had to eat, lol. Hoping to do a few more days end of next week. KCFO!

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

:confetti_ball::tada::+1::wave:

(Arlene) #34

Jeanne, I hope you are taking plenty of highly-absorbable magnesium. I had to start taking 800 mg./day before my muscle cramp issues would go away. The heart is a muscle, and it’s greatly affected by low magnesium levels. I still need lots of salt too, and more when I fast, but I wanted you to know about the magnesium.

(Phil Gilbert) #35

Just ended at 112 hours. Didn’t want to carry it through the weekend. Was still feeling fine but have been thinking about food for over a day. Broke the fast with a few pieces of bacon, probably end up not being the smartest thing I’ve ever done.

(Jun Yutuc) #36

@Swickimik: thank you! So, with that said. I am not t2d.

I broke my fast after 43hrs of trying. Ill attempt to do a 48-72hrs again next week but for the rest of the week, IF/OMAD for the meantime.

(Bob Lowrie) #37

Hello everyone, I am really new to the fasting principle. I am T2, just finished a 3 day, Mon Tues Wednesday fast, feeling good. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to reintroduce food. What are the best things to eat as the first meal or two. Thanks so much for the help.

(Justin Jordan) #38

In January, I did OMAD most of the days (there were about five days I didn’t manage it) and two longer fasts, a 48 and a 72.

The 72 was interesting - the 48 I just went back to eating normally immediately. But after the 72, I had two days where I ate a goodly chunk more. Which is fine. But it’s interesting that that this was the line was there.

My schedule doesn’t really lend itself to longer fasts this month, but I’d like to experiment and see if that’s consistent.

(Jeanne Wagner) #39

Thanks @farmgirl. I just last night got some magnesium citrate. A good soluble type. I had been taking the cheap Walmart brand before. This time I went to my local Chamberlains’s (smaller version of Whole Foods). I also picked up some potassium. Potassium pills are really hard to swallow. It got stuck in my throat and I nearly panicked. smh A good gulp of water got it down. Feeling much better today but I have a lingering headache.

Is it possible to get Keto flu after getting into ketosis? I’ve been checking everyday, and I’be been in ketosis all week. Last week’s fast finally put me in it.

Thank you @Swickimik and @collaroygal :blush: :-:heart:

This was day 3 for me, and it was not hard at all this time round. It’s only my third fast that’s longer than 42-47 hours, but I guess they’re getting easier already. :slight_smile: Not that the previous ones were awful or anything, but day 3 was just — miserable somehow.

I’m at hour 72 now.