Fat Burning Female Project

(What The Fast?!) #41

I’m definitely surprised to hear you gained doing 20:4! I think a 48 hour fast once a week is good to help maintain a loss. I’m at least glad to hear you recognized that your gain was from emotional eating. Once we identify a problem, we can begin to solve it!

@collaroygal I’m doing single meal refeeds. Tonight, I broke my 48 hour fast at an INCREDIBLE restaurant. We have some friends in town and we went to this ridiculous amazing steakhouse. We had steak tartare, suckling pig, and the best ribeye I have ever eaten, plus some side vegetables. (I also had two drinks.)

Afterwards we went to see David Copperfield (it was an expensive night!!) and I tested my ketones as soon as I got home. We walked out of dinner at 9pm, and at midnight, my ketones still showed as 2.7! Woo hoo!

My new fast started tonight at 9pm, will be either a 48 or 72. We’ll be getting up for a bike ride in the morning, hoping all that delicious ribeye turns into great fuel for the bike!

Oh my, that does sound like a fabulous night! Good food, friends and fun, plus ketones for fuel. Hard to beat.

As for the 20:4 and gaining, yep, pretty sad really. But I was thinking about this factor too, I was on such a regular regimen of 20:4 and often 22:2 that I didn’t mix it up enough so my body got into a pattern I’ll bet.

I’m going to try what you’re doing, more or less, and fast more often, randomly, IF and then great stints of EF as well. Hopefully this will shake things up and get my weight in fat back into a downward trend :wink:

Best wishes to you in this awesome n=1, and the updates have really been helpful. I can hardly say enough about the encouragement I get here and how blessed I feel to have this place to be refreshed!

(Arlene) #43

Are you still having to fast 4-5 days/week, just to maintain your goal weight?

(KCKO, KCFO) #44

No not extended fasts. I mix up the IFing, vary the times from 16:8 up to 24 hrs. (do this @3 days a week,other days I just have breakfast with DH) I do 36 hrs if I see a bounce of any kind (maybe 2 per month now), and I do the Zornfast monthly (anything over 48 depending on how I feel fasted, so far this month it I’m at 72 hrs.).

I am a foodie and former bread addict. I am so happy this is working so well for me. I did stop all wheat products, including my beloved homemade sour dough breads. Otherwise I love what I can eat and and eat what I want of it. CICO can go suck it, I battled that crap for 35 yrs. Always hungry and always regained within a year or two. Not going there again.

(Arlene) #45

I love food too. Never loved sourdough bread, but my sourdough pancakes remain a very rare indulgence. I’m not tempted buy breads much anymore, or even the doughnuts I used to binge on. I love this way of eating, and I feel satisfied and stable. Mostly I just want to lose these last 40 pounds, AND KEEP THEM OFF! I have no trouble with 24 hour fasts. 36 hours is pushing my envelope of tolerance, as my electrolytes easily become unbalanced by longer fasts. Muscle cramps used to plague me until I started taking higher amounts of magnesium. I appreciate your story of success, as it gives me renewed hope to achieve my weight goals.

(Monika) #46

Was wondering if you had any updates on how you’re doing? What did you do to manage over Thanksgiving and What are your plans for the upcoming holiday season? TIA

(What The Fast?!) #47

Here’s my update: Alternate Day Fasting turned ZC...back to fasting

(Monika) #48

Thanks for that!!