Fat Burning Female Project

Have you had the 1 hour consultation yet? I hope she can help you figure out what the doctors you have gone to haven’t. I will be following this thread waiting for good news :+1:

The increase of carbs and losing nutritional ketosis would stress me out mentally too…but, honestly, I think too much anyway. Even trying to watch my carbs and stay IN ketosis stresses me more than it should, could or whatever.

I have also increased my fat intake and have been eating “more than I should” from a CICO model I suppose. But, I’ve been on a 20:4 IF for almost two weeks with only a couple of days that were not fasted (i.e. breakfast w/ family).

I was surprised to see a 2 lb weight loss about 5 days ago, but now…it appears that I may be gaining again. So, I need to relax, maybe eat a little bit less and?

Again, I’m glad you are willing to try this n=1 experiment and give us all the gory/glory details! best wishes for answers and a breakthrough as you desire.

(Chris) #23

How’s your program going?

(Jen) #24

Would love to hear how it’s been going!

(What The Fast?!) #25

I basically ditched FBFP and am just doing long term fasting now. The point of FBFP is to heal your body but it seems like fasting is a much “faster” way to do that. I just did a 95 hour fast, had a refeed meal last night and am doing a 48 hour right now. I found this Snake Diet guy on Facebook (who is insane) and everyone in his program is losing like crazy. It’s free, he doesn’t charge anything, and doesn’t take $ for coaching. The program is basically - fast as long as you can with salt water (and potassium), eat a small refeed meal, then repeat until you get to your goal. No coffee, nothing but water, salt, and potassium. Maintenance is a fasting lifestyle with keto meals. So far down 4 lbs since Sunday. I’ll update everyone next week after a few more fasts!

oh! sounds super simple and with all your time on keto, probably not difficult. Yes, keep updating, please!

(What The Fast?!) #27

I know right? I kind of had an epiphany…my partner/bf always says, “you have the strongest willpower of anyone I’ve ever met,” and I was like…you know what? you’re right…so why don’t I just FAST? Fast as long as I can, as many times as I can. This Snake Diet guy is a real d*ck in his videos, but what he says is accurate - if we have fat on our bodies, we really don’t NEED to eat. My ketones are already back over 2.5 today even though I had a bunch of vegetables, some halo top and a 1/3 serving of dark chocolate last night. (It wasn’t that many carbs in the grand scheme of things, but still - my ketones were almost at SEVEN yesterday, so even eating a few things that weren’t ideal didn’t kick me out.)

So, wish me luck - people in his group are losing 20lbs like it’s nothing. My goal is to get to 145 by the end of the week, 130 by Thanksgiving. Depending on how I look at 135 (I’ve got about 100 lbs of LBM), I’ll go for more - but I’m stoked about seeing how much faster I’ll be on my bike 15 or 20 lbs lighter!

(Liz ) #28

I will be incredibly excited for you if this works!! Finally!!

(What The Fast?!) #29

Thank you!!! Me too! Logically…how can NOT eating not work, right?? :joy::joy:

(Liz ) #30

Right?? I mean Jason Fung has a whole thing built on just that so…I know I need to fast more as well and I am also made of willpower! fist bump sister, you got this!

(What The Fast?!) #31

No, WE got this!

Andrea - yay!!!
I would be careful with really specific timing goals that are outside your control (fasting for x days/hours is pretty much in your control, but the exact schedule for when you’ll drop x number of pounds is out of your control) but dreaming about how you’re going to fly on your bike and how you’ll feel in a certain dress (or out of it :wink:) sounds perfect. Also, you’ve done so much fantastic foundational work - your fitness level, your time in keto and fat adaptation, your research and your testing and experimentation - wow, you’re in a great place to make that missing piece really work for you.
It’s SO nice to see you excited!!! yes, wishing you a ton of luck.

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

Fasting more is what got me to my goal weight, with a few extra dropped as well. Here is my MFP graph of weight loss for the last year. See that pluge downward end of Mar/early April, that is lots of fasts, IFing, 24 hr., 3-4.5 days mixing it up. It worked for me and it really isn’t very different than what you are doing now. I just followed Megan Ramos’ idea to mix it up, keep the body guessing and readjusting. It is true not eating, you will lose weight. Just refuel with lots of tasty fats so your metabolism doesn’t take a noise dive. Hope you reach your goals soon. Oh my goal was 141, staying at that or under since end of April.

(What The Fast?!) #34

I love this! Honestly - I should have taken your advice MONTHS ago. I also should have signed up for IDM before the prices went up!! :smiley:

did you do single meal refeeds, or were you feasting for a day or two, then fasting again?

(KCKO, KCFO) #35

Feasting/fasting. Sometimes 2 days feasting, others 3. Mixing it up really, really helped me.

(Bacon for the Win) #36

I was wondering how much she charged for her program. There is so much free and great info out there that paying someone to tell me how to eat doesn’t make sense to me.

I’ve been IFing lately with pretty good success and making my IF time a bit longer as I go. I should be able to do 36-48 hours soon. Gotta build that fasting muscle!

(KCKO, KCFO) #37

Yes, the more you fast the better you get at it.

Consider doing the November Zornfast, October’s is in progress now ends tomorrow. It is the 3rd week of each month, runs Th.-Sun. some start early, end early, some start late, run longer, it is all up to you, just a group that supports each other through the process. As it is the third week, it won’t ruin any USAers Thanksgiving plans. :wink:

(Bacon for the Win) #38

that’s exactly what I am going to do. I didn’t plan well enough to join this month but will be all in for November.

YES, I like this attitude and “epiphany”! Thanks for sharing your journey and positive thinking, love it!

I have got to tell you how incredibly helpful this post (the whole thread really) is to me just now.

I had such a thrill, after having lost nearly 25 lbs with keto and IF/EF. Then stress (MAJOR life stressors) sent me into a pretty substantial slump. Although I remained keto, and know that I’m fat adapted, I “eat/ate” my worries away. But the problem is, of course, this has been shown NOT to work at all. :wink: The worries remain and my cortisol likely went up. Even eating (most of the time) in a 20:4 IF window, I managed to gain back about 8-10 pounds!

How awfully discouraging it has been.

I’ve posted this elsewhere (probably kind of redundant and annoying) but it became so hard to do any EF. I would “cave” by 4 or 6 pm every day and just fill my face with butter, cheese and bacon or steak, coconut oil and at least one mouthful of peanut or almond butter. Just crazy, and always so full I felt sick by the time I was ready for bed. What a nightmare.

The FASTING is definitely my friend, a real stabilizer. Both for my physical and mental health. I feel like this may take me years to finally figure out, but I can SEE a WAY!

I know that the emotional eating is something for a different thread or even a different forum perhaps, but the tools of KETO and Fasting are extremely powerful. I have hope :slight_smile:

Here’s to hoping that I can get back to more frequent, though random, extended fasts and find that proverbial “sweet spot”. Thank you, thank you, thank you!