Fat Burning Female Project

(What The Fast?!) #1

Hey y’all!! I’m joining Shawn Mynar’s Fat Burning Female Project - a 6 week keto program specifically for women. She’s a nutritionist who specializes in women’s hormonal and digestion issues. I’m hoping this will help me figure out what the root causes are behind my body’s unwillingness to lose weight!

I’ll use this thread to track progress.

How did you join…and does it cost anything, besides commitment?

(Allie) #3

I listen to her podcasts.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Never heard of her but will be following along, as you have had a hard time with all of this.

All the best on the new Pathway.

(Rebecca) #5

I look forward to seeing how you get on.

(What The Fast?!) #6

Yep - it’s about $300 for early bird pricing. I was hesitant at first but at this point, I’m looking at money spent on any kind of coaching/doctors/etc as an investment in my happiness. :slight_smile:

(Chantay) #7

Definitely following this. I ALMOST signed up, but I was slightly put off by her “admins” response to one of my emails. I’m very, VERY curious how this goes, and how much individual coaching you’ll receive!

(What The Fast?!) #8

I had an alright experience with the admins via email. I also bought an hour consultation as an add-on for $99.

Thanks for getting on board, I can understand the desire to do all that you can to find health and answers to further “the cause” as well. This will be very interesting to see what is learned and how it all turns out. Thanks for keeping us updated! Best wishes, and you know…KCKO

(Sheri Knauer) #10

I’ll be curious to follow along in your progress. I hope you get to the root cause of the trouble you have been having. Best of luck to you!

Best of luck, Andrea. Will be following with interest!

(Brigette ) #12

Following as well. I listen to her podcast and am interested in your thoughts on her program.

So curious to hear how this goes for you! I listen to her podcast, too.

(Jen) #14

Can’t wait to hear all about it!

(Chantay) #15

@KetoLikeaLady How’s it going? It’s been a couple of weeks, dying to hear about your experience!

(Jen) #16

I was just thinking the same thing earlier today as I was considering trying to join November’s group!

(What The Fast?!) #17

So the first week, you’re eating a LOT more carbs than normal. It’s been really hard to allow myself to do that. BUT, I was also in Hawaii all week during week 1, so I had drinks a couple night as well. I ate some carbs…but I don’t like it. I mean - YES, eating sushi was amazing…but the stress of knowing I wasn’t in ketosis wasn’t awesome. Plus, I noticed that my allergies started coming back, so I’m backing off the carbs pretty quickly.

The program is about letting go of the restrictive mentality behind keto.

Right before I started that program, I found a keto group on FB that encourages people to eat above their TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure), so I’ve been focusing on eating way more fat along with the FBFP.

I’m only 1.5 weeks in, but I’ll keep you in the loop.

(MooBoom) #18

Can you expand on this a little more?

(Jen) #19

That’s very interesting!
Does she have you do blood ketone testing while you’re doing the course? If so, what were your results?

(What The Fast?!) #20

The first couple weeks, no. I’m only a week and a half in, so I’ll let you know how it goes. I know that we start that in Week 3, but it’s not required.