Fat Bombs

(KB Keto) #6
  1. EVOO by itself is horrible! haha - i’ve done it and I’d rather enjoy my fat bombs. I’ll stick with avocado in that case!

2. I will look at making a shake - however a few things from that recipe - I havent been able to find double cream in the US; what is LSA? and I cant do the hemp stuff. While its not the same as marijuana, it can often give a false read on a drug test, which I’m subject to randoms.

(KB Keto) #9

The Army is not very forgiving on their tests - so I’ll just forgo anything that may present any risks.

(KB Keto) #11

no issues with flax - that’ll be what I give a go.

Today I plan to make some Peanut Butter Whip.

(Adam L) #12

Slices of Kerrygold butter with peanut butter on top or cheese & Vegemite on top.

(Todd Allen) #13

Brie cheese is mostly fat with low protein and no carbs. I enjoy eating it without anything else or with fairly low carb vegetables like celery or radish. It is easy to eat on the go, great served at room temperature just unwrap and eat.

(eat more) #14

i would eat the first part of the “batter” for my cookie dough fat bombs out of the bowl…oh wait i have :joy:
butter, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla

I do keep a “batch” in the fridge at all times tho and they go to work with me everyday :blush:

(KetoCowboy) #15

Not to mention that brie is a pretty good source of K2 for anyone who doesn’t eat natto or goose liver.

(KB Keto) #16

OH MY!

Peanut Butter Whip!!! (supposed 4 servings)
1 serving = 228 kcals / 23g fat / 2g carbs / 1g fiber / 2g protein / 53mg sodium
2 Tbs Peanut butter
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
¼ tsp Cocoa powder
¾ Cup Heavy whipping cream

Put all ingredients together and blend until the cream becomes thick.

(Ren) #17

I make a fatbomb similar to that, which you can premake and it tastes and feels like a Reese Peanut butter cup (just no peanut butter center)

1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2-3 tablespoons sweetner
splash of vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt

Melt and then blend together till smooth. Place in molds or small muffin pan and freeze. Take out of molds/muffin pans and put in a zip top bag and keep in freezer. Take out and enjoy when you need a fat bomb or want something sweet.

I get 16 mini muffin pan servings out of this. (114 calories, 11g fat, 2g protein, 1 net carb)

Another fat bomb that I make is chia seed pudding and I keep it in the fridge. I will portion it out and bring some to work.
2 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chia seed
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 packets of stevia powder (or about 16 stevia extract drops)
pinch of sea salt
add mct oil to up the fat content and get some mct oil to help your body boost its ketones
Mix and put in fridge for minimum 4 hours. (this is where it will thicken from the chia seed gel)

(makes 4 servings - 150cals, 8g fat, 7g protein, 2 net carbs)

Both are great fat bombs that are super easy to make. I use them to satisfy any sweet tooth cravings I get, or if I am still hungry at the end of the meal and need a little bit more fat to make me full.

Hey KB- I’m clueless in the kitchen, never made a fat bomb. Does that read 1/4 teaspoon or 1/4 tablespoon of Cocoa powder. Does that make 4 servings at about 1 net carb per serving?

Thanks!

Hey Ren- I follow you up until the sweetener- 2-3 tablespoons? What exactly are you using? Can I just use the 2 packets of stevia like your second fat bomb calls for?

Thanks!

What I have used as a staple, for a long time, is Coconut Milk Pudding. I take a can of coconut milk, usually this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Native-Forest-Organic-Classic-13-5-oz/dp/B001HTJ2BQ/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1508611156&sr=1-5&keywords=coconut%2Bmilk&th=1

Blend it up, add in the following:

• Cacao Powder OR Ground Ginger OR Ground Cinnamon to taste (not too much, they have carbs)

• Your preferred artificial sweetener to taste (I use sweetleafs stevia packets - 2 of them)

• Approximately 1 Tablespoon psyllium husk (I use whole, you could use ground). More = thicker pudding, less = thinner. You may substitute chia seeds, I’m told, but I’ve never tried them.

• Optional: frozen berries, optional vanilla extract

Blend some more. Put in fridge until it thickens, at least a few hours. It will thicken quicker if you use more psyllium. Then, serve chilled, possibly with macadamia nuts or whipped cream.

I have to give credit to where I originally found it:

(Ruthanne Robertson) #21

My quickie fat bomb at work is made with with Lakanto Matcha Latte mix or Lakanto Drinking Chocolate mix. I get them on Amazon. Meant for beverage, but mix great with some organic ghee, coconut oil and a little pink salt. I just use a paper bowl and plastic spoon and toss when I’m done. I use about a tsp of mix to 1 TB of ghee/coconut oil.

Oops, sorry Ren, mine is almost just like yours. :grinning:

Definitely going to try your peanut butter cup one too.

Thanks! Got this bookmarked- will have to try it!

That sounds simple! Will have to try this too. Thanks!

(Christopher Proctor) #25

1/2 cup warmed Virgin Coconut oil, and two scoops 0 Carb flavored protein powder (choclate, vanilla etc.) mix to eliminate clumps cool for 2 hours in a pan or ceramic mold, cut or pop out, put in a cooler or leave refrigerated. simple and yummy.

Lol! Yeah- that does sound simple and good! Thanks!

I used to use that protein powder with milk and loved it- I bet it is great mixing it with coconut oil.

Just finished my first fat bomb- it was a peanut butter mousse that I found on the internet.

Now I understand!!! It was really my first desert in 4 months (since starting LCHF). I had “2 servings” and I am sooo stuffed!

(Christopher Proctor) #27

Haha that’s awesome! When you try it with the Coconut oil it will REALLY fill you up… the fat almost stops any hunger or craving!

Anyone willing to share a good recipe for savory bombs?

My favorite one from searching online has avocado and bacon.