English double cream

I can’t eat it either! Well I can, but I will not feel great. I miss cream but it has been fine. I only eat zero carb cheese now and have a surprisingly plentiful assortment to choose from so all good.

(Jacquie) #12

Don’t give in! Hey, aren’t you fasting? :wink:

(Guardian of the bacon) #13

Just at my local small town grocer. Was pricey at $3.99 for a 6oz jar. Devon is the brand name.

(bulkbiker) #14

Do you know who makes it? I have never heard that brand name here in the UK…

(Guardian of the bacon) #15

No need to hunt for clotted cream in the store. You can easily make it at home. And it will save you lots of money, too.

(bulkbiker) #17

Well their website doesn’t work…and their facebook page was last updated 2012.
Never seen it here but who knows…

(bren.mannin) #18

It’s amazing with eggs!

(Guardian of the bacon) #19

(Guardian of the bacon) #20

Maybe I got a knockoff product?

(Barbara Greenwood) #21

You get through it too quickly that way. Then you run out :frowning:

(David) #22

This is how the nutrition labels in the UK are framed. It doesn’t say “drinking” but I assume they ran out of space. Interesting to compare.

(bulkbiker) #23

they kinda sound kosher and the postcode (like your zipcode) exists and is on an industrial site… its just odd that even thought they have a website address it doesn’t work and their facebook page is so old…Maybe they just export I can’t find their produce for sale on any major websites in the UK…

(David) #24

It looks like a husband and wife business when you look at the directors schedule, and they have been the same people since 2003. All their filing is up to date. I wouldn’t be concerned that there is no website.

(bulkbiker) #25

Just looks a bit odd as there is a website and the web address is printed on the label of @jfricke 's jar of cream but it’s broken. As you say if the filings are all there then the company must be ok. Obviously they aren’t connected to web world very much.

(David) #26

Yes. Having said that their Facebook page hasn’t been updated since 2012. Aren’t we a couple of detectives?! :smile:

(bulkbiker) #27

We sure are… I like the Companies House search though… very smart…should have thought of that one.
Thomson and Thompson?

(Guardian of the bacon) #28

So we have a “made in England” product never heard of by English patrons nor available in England…interesting.

(bulkbiker) #29

although the company does indeed appear to be an English one… Maybe they just manufacture for the export market… there is probably a lot less competition… most supermarkets here have their own brand single, double, whipping and extra thick cream (we are very spoiled on the cream front).

i make my own and use it in coffee and for whipped cream. I’ve also made my own clotted cream. overall much cheaper than imports. i posted a how to in the recipe section some weeks ago.