English double cream

(Barbara Greenwood) #21

You get through it too quickly that way. Then you run out :frowning:

(David) #22

This is how the nutrition labels in the UK are framed. It doesnā€™t say ā€œdrinkingā€ but I assume they ran out of space. Interesting to compare.

(bulkbiker) #23

they kinda sound kosher and the postcode (like your zipcode) exists and is on an industrial siteā€¦ its just odd that even thought they have a website address it doesnā€™t work and their facebook page is so oldā€¦Maybe they just export I canā€™t find their produce for sale on any major websites in the UKā€¦

(David) #24

It looks like a husband and wife business when you look at the directors schedule, and they have been the same people since 2003. All their filing is up to date. I wouldnā€™t be concerned that there is no website.

(bulkbiker) #25

Just looks a bit odd as there is a website and the web address is printed on the label of @jfricke 's jar of cream but itā€™s broken. As you say if the filings are all there then the company must be ok. Obviously they arenā€™t connected to web world very much.

(David) #26

Yes. Having said that their Facebook page hasnā€™t been updated since 2012. Arenā€™t we a couple of detectives?! :smile:

(bulkbiker) #27

We sure areā€¦ I like the Companies House search thoughā€¦ very smartā€¦should have thought of that one.
Thomson and Thompson?

(Guardian of the bacon) #28

So we have a ā€œmade in Englandā€ product never heard of by English patrons nor available in Englandā€¦interesting.

(bulkbiker) #29

although the company does indeed appear to be an English oneā€¦ Maybe they just manufacture for the export marketā€¦ there is probably a lot less competitionā€¦ most supermarkets here have their own brand single, double, whipping and extra thick cream (we are very spoiled on the cream front).

i make my own and use it in coffee and for whipped cream. Iā€™ve also made my own clotted cream. overall much cheaper than imports. i posted a how to in the recipe section some weeks ago.

I found this same cream at the store right across from my house. The jar is the same size and cost $4.69 Canadian.

Thanks for posting this. I am looking forward to trying this on the weekend.