Easter 2017 Fast

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #121

I made mayo yesterday along with the Bacon, Bleu Cheese, and Walnut from the RECIPES thread. Didn’t try any of it then as I was still fasting. My wife used some of the mayo for the deviled eggs–yes, I made boiled eggs in the pressure cooker yesterday as well!

The ham is in the oven and my wife is working on a starchy and sweet side for her and our son. I will be making a fathead pizza crust with melted cheese as bread sticks. I have a selection of cheeses and some fatty meats to go with my meal and I may do some garlic butter for dipping the bread sticks.

I have ordered some gel caps to fill. I had not thought of that. Thanks. I hope that it works. The main thing that I am not enjoying about this way of eating is the salt and potassium - both taste and feeling in my stomach. I doubt that the caplets of salt and potassium will feel great, but they will certainly not taste as bad.

I regret breaking the fast. I should have competed on the 6th day of the fast. I wound up eating very late on the 5th day and lost sleep because of it. On Saturday, I did win my tournament.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #124

Congratulations on your win! The extended fasting was new which made it very difficult to work in.

Everything went according to plan. In fact, I am going to go lower in weight just to see how it goes. I will likely go back to 165 (162-168), but I would like to see how hard or easy it will be to get lower temporarily. I am resuming another fast. This time, though, I think that it will be a “prime rib roast” fast because I have already thawed it out. :slight_smile:

One thing, though, is that my 24k run Sunday morning was very hard on my leg muscles.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #126

Fasting and the extra HGH will help in your recovery. Eating all of that high quality will help with the autophagy to rebuild and damaged muscles you have!

Happy fasting!

(Jane Reed) #127

Pinnacle, I purchased some capsules today and took my first dose…easy peasy.

My local Walmart and Rite Aid drug store both did not carry the caps. I ended up successful at the health food store.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #128

I’ve almost given up on adding potassium through No-Salt, it irritates my tummy. I will add a little at a time in my cooking, but no longer mix it in my water for workouts - at least for now.

(Mary 🌹 ) #129

I cannot believe how much the Potassium citrate and Magnesium citrate help me!
A difference between night and day!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #130

Here, Here! Night and Day!

(Mary 🌹 ) #131

I made it through 9 days!..I am NOT hungry!
Everyday it seems to get better not harder!
I wanted to at least get though 10 days like Jason Fung recommends to be best for KILLING CANCER!
Ron, what do you recommend to eat first when I stop?

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #132

I found that some fatty snacks, 5 olives and 1 oz of macadamia nuts, worked well for me. You don’t want to go overboard on the carbs as they can be hard on your digestive system.

Also, I drank a bit sauerkraut juice as the fermented bacteria there is very beneficial for your gut microbiome to help it get restarted on the right track! If you don’t like sauerkraut you can use greek yogurt which I don’t like.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #133

So, after getting my blood tests from my fasted state back, I am thinking that I need to supplement iodine, at a minimum while fasting, but perhaps overall as well.

Thyroid levels weren’t where they should be, which is (in retrospect) not surprising given how cold I was on the day I ended up breaking my fast (same day as my draw for the tests). Lack of iodine could well play a role. Certainly seems like a plausible mechanism for how supplementing salt helps during a fast, and particularly why it helps when it comes to getting cold.

Hi guys… Easter, Monday and Tuesday were fine. I was bit under the weather (female issues :grin::pensive:) anyhow I feel better . I did eat a I’m wheat saltine cracks which was better than the candy bar I was craving :grin: anyway. I am not weighing in until Friday :grin:. I will check back in then… Good luck and have a great day…
:kiss:

(Mary 🌹 ) #135

Thank you Ron!
I am ready to stop fasting now after these 10 days! I do not feel hungry
though! This was fun!
I had more energy all night at work than young ladies working next to me!
I will purchase the foods you suggested. Thanks!
How is your weight now?..I am wondering if I will gain. Do you think
you’re eating more?
Any problems with constipation?
I hope everything can go back to normal for you now.
Congratulations again!

(Mary 🌹 ) #136

Broke my FAST just now with quest mct oil powder. I will do this again. My system got detoxified. My liver got flushed out. My kidneys got a break. I HAD HUGE ENERGY!
Weight: *132.8# from 143#. *BMI - 22.7.(shooting for 20 at 120#)

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #137

Mary, You will normally gain some weight back when you end a fast and that varies by the person and the fast. On my 46-day fast I had lost 34.4 lb and have gained back about 8.2, that represents 26.2 lb lost net during the fast.

Your choice of foods will determine how much you gain back. I am avoiding eating real carby foods, other than the 90% chocolate I have been snacking on! I am going to try to avoid those the next few days as well.

I never had issues with constipation, it was always the other way around with the 7-10 day fasts. Things seemed to move through very quickly although the instances were short lived.

I’ve been using ChocZero 92% (no sucrose) which tastes about the same as many 85% that do contain sugar, but I add a small square of butter on top that matches the size of the square and find that it really satisfies me more than the chocolate alone or even eating 2 pieces - win/win! :wink:

Sorry @ron-coleman, so I can’t like your post because I’m in “Like Jail” at the moment, but it certainly deserves one. :laughing:

(Mary 🌹 ) #139

Well…I will post tomorrow if I gain. My first day after a 10 day fast, I took your advice and had 8 olives and the 1 scoop of Quest mct oil powder in my Green Tea. Later I ate a Bacon(4 slices), Egg(2), and gouda cheese(1 oz) without a muffin of course. I am still FULL from it 12 hours later! Wow! Is it because I had no carbs today?
I feel exactly the same today as I did on the fast. I really found out how HEALTHY I am!
I am not Hungry! Very Energized!

(Mary 🌹 ) #140

Wow…how did you come up with that idea?
Interesting!