Easter 2017 Fast

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #1

This thread is for everyone fasting for Easter 2017. Some are fasting for the week and some just a few days, I am finishing a 46-day fast, so let’s share our thoughts and goals during this Holy Week.

My fasting thread is A really extended fast: going for 46 days!

(Jennifer) #2

I will be fasting this week. Till Saturday morning.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #3

Welcome! I’ll be fasting until Easter Sunday. Not sure if I will have digestive issues so I don’t want to take a chance as I go to the vigil mass on Holy Saturday.

(KetoMarine) #4

I started yesterday (Sunday). My goal is to fast until Easter Sunday.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

Started a fast last night for holy week.

No solid food, fat for supplementing what my body can provide.

Coffee, water, sugar-free sodas.

Planning to break the fast on Easter Sunday, but will likely do so with some broth or something similarly mild.

Thanks for kicking of a thread for this, @ron-coleman.

(Mary 🌹 ) #6

I am joining this fast. Good luck everybody! I started Midnight Sunday. I am drinking water and Green Tea. I am taking Potassium Citrate and Magnesium Citrate. I will add Sea Salt if necessary. I am taking a large Tablespoon of lemon with ginger each day. I have done 7 days this way before. I made it to Wed morning! It’s so easy this time! I feel GREAT! Not controlled by carbs at all feels Great…akin to FREEDOM! 11:07p>Oh I am happy to be home from work! Not HUNGRY! Yeah!..But I made it without FOOD for 3 days! 2nd day was not as easy as today but…I am glad its over and it feels GREAT! Good luck everyone! I may extend this past Sun. depending how I feel Sunday! So far I had plenty energy for a very vigorous work day!

(Jeff Davis) #7

My plan is to fast from Tuesday dinner until Saturday breakfast. Looking for physical and spiritual gains!

I started at midnight Sunday night/Monday morning for Holy Week. This is my first extended fast, completed many 24-hr fasts and smaller IF’s. I’m happy to have found this conversation as I know I’ll need the support and feeling like I’m part of a group will help!

Hi I am new to this forum. I am starting​ a 14 day fast tomorrow morning​ at 2 am. I will post my progress early morning by 10am EST. I am really excited to be a part of a group. I completed a 14-day fast before by myself and I would rather proceed through this experience with a group. I’m looking forward to this journey and I will post every day starting at 2 a.m. tomorrow the 11th of March.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #10

My tips…if you’re cold, try salt water first, and see if that helps. If you’re still cold after that, check @richard’s calculator here:

to see if you might need to supplement with additional fat to maintain your BMR.

Day 2 is usually the worst, and then it gets easier, but biggest thing is listen to your body. If you feel like crap, are getting dizzy, etc., and salt water doesn’t help, it may make sense to break the fast.

Good luck!

I have been wondering about that since reading your earlier comment (supplementing fat). Thank you for the resource! I will check it out.

I’m fasting from Sunday at 7pm to Friday at 7pm. This will be a record for me.

I will drink:
water (sometimes with sodium in it),
weak green tea (with nothing in it), and
diluted home-made bone broth (maybe 1g protein and 2g fat per day, but likely less) with sodium and potassium.

I will also take some multi-vitamins and pills with magnesium and calcium.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #13

Sounds like a good plan!

36 hours fasted! I’ve been thinking a lot about food, that started around the 14 hour mark or so. That’s my normal time of day I get hungry. There was some hunger but it’s not too bad. Excitement about my first extended fast is still strong and getting motivation from religious reasons.

Made dinner for the kids last night without too much trouble. Hopefully will have the same experience this evening.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #15

I suggest adding salt to help curb hunger. I usually use 1/4 tsp per 16oz water. If you have broth I add 3/4 tsp to salt-free broth.

(Scott Shillady) #16

I’m in, I have fallen of the wagon a bit, using some Divine inspiration to get me on track again

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #17

Welcome to the group, we will be praying for you!

(Michael Critchfield) #18

Wow I can’t wait to hear about the losses after 46 days.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #19

You can view all of my updates in this thread!

(Michael Critchfield) #20

Thanks