Easter 2017 Fast

(Adam Pittman) #101

I wanted to fast through the triduum, but my parents cook really good food, so I just restricted myself to one small meal on Good Friday. (Of fish, of course.)

On the plus side, I get to introduce them to cauliflower “mashed potatoes” for Easter dinner.

Yes, I am in ketosis. Doing very well. And numbers are looking pretty awesome. :grin:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #103

Decided to end the fast yesterday evening. Had a mixture of butter, cream cheese, and mascarpone with cinnamon and sweetener to warm things up, and then a bit later made a tuna melt.

Nice thing is that even though I broke my fast last night, I was down another pound as of this morning, to 179.5. From Sunday evening through Friday evening (or Monday morning through Saturday morning, depending on how you look at it), I lost a total of 7 pounds.

A successful fast, however you slice it.

A happy Easter to all, and best wishes for those still fasting!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #104

@Pinnacle honestly, I do some of my strongest lifts/presses while fasted either in my regular IF fasting period or even in an extended fast. Whatever you decided to do, I support it! Plus I want to hear the results. :grinning:

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #105

Way to go! A little bit at a time.

Getting them to make a change to a holiday meal is big, they may be more open to other changes in the future!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #106

Congratulations, have a Blessed Easter!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #107

The 24 hour mark found me in the gym. I was a little hungry before starting the workout in spite of having some fat in my coffee before I left out to run errands before the gym. In some ways, I felt stronger even though I cut out some exercises and didn’t go to my heaviest on leg press, I still did great and did the last set as slow reps (still can’t figure out who lets me do these crazy things LOL). Had some broth afterwards because I was sweating so much during my workout.

Now, to continue the hydration now that I’m back in the cool comfort of my home.

(Jane Reed) #108

At last, someone who dislikes salted water, like me.

I don’t know how people drink it. It literally takes me gag. I can bear to eat over-salted food, but salted water or some keto-aid concoction is utterly disgusting to me.

I’ve settled on salt tablets, but they haven’t much sodium in them. Next thing is to buy some gelatine capsules and fill them with salt, then swallow with a big glass of water.

YES!

(Jennifer) #110

Happy Easter everyone! We celebrate because He is Risen!

Hope you all have a blessed day.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #111

Alleluia, He is risen, Alleluia!

(Mary 🌹 ) #112

Congratulations! Wonderful and GOOD perseverance! :grinning:

(Mary 🌹 ) #113

Happy Easter everybody!
I am still fasting and feeling very energized and healthy. I am thinking clearer and feel more relaxed at rest. This is my SEVENTH day.
Enjoy your EASTER DINNER…everybody!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #114

You go girl!

Enjoy the euphoria!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #115

He is risen indeed!! Blessed Resurrection Sunday!!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #116

Happy Easter, all!

Looking forward to the first bacon since before my fast. :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #117

Already had a fresh slice!

Happy Easter!

(Mary 🌹 ) #119

Happy for YOU!:grinning:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #120

I’m currently cooking and looking forward to when everything gets done - which won’t be right away. LOL There’s an egg bake just put in the oven, fresh bacon on the stove, chili cooking in the crockpot, and fresh mayo and avocado in the fridge (for the bacon). I’m taking a quick break before mixing up some keto ‘cornbread’. And I’m even going to test my hand at making a sugar-free raspberry syrup to use in a chocolate cake this week. :grin: