Do yourself a favor, make oven bacon!

(bren.mannin) #41

Bernie - my first was an epic smoke alarm fail until someone posted a video on the FB group with instruction to FOLD the bacon in half. This solved my problems on the next round. 8 min, flip, 8-10 more @375*F. I also bought a ranch from amazon.com. Them I add the lushous fat back. My weight watcher blots more off! LOL.

(Bernadette Duty) #42

Bren, I did see that video youā€™re talking about and I did fold my bacon back on itself. I canā€™t remember what temperature I used. Iā€™m not sure what you mean that you bought a ranch from amazon. Are they in the real estate business also? Lol. Just kidding. I save all my bacon grease and use it to cook green beans, among other things.

(Bernadette Duty) #43

I like my bacon crispy. I think it tastes more concentrated when it is crispy.

(Mark Myers) #44

Cheers Yawl! Almost done with my weekā€™s bacon baking.

(Bernadette Duty) #45

How did your come out?

(Bernadette Duty) #46

I recognize the bacon, but what else is in the glass?

(Mark Myers) #47

@Bernie I dash of very dry vermouth and vodka. Bacon Martini.

(Bernadette Duty) #48

Very interesting.

(Bernadette Duty) #49

I have a couple deep roasting pans with racks, why didnā€™t I think of that before? Thanks for reminding me.

(Bernadette Duty) #50

LOLā€¦Iā€™ll save up all my defective bacon for you.

(Bernadette Duty) #51

You actually fry the ham till crispy? I love to fry ham steaks to a crispy outside & tender inside. Yumā€¦so good.

(Bernadette Duty) #52

But the bacon would have been extra crispy, just the way I like mine.Lol. Glad everyone was ok, and they learned a lesson there, but Iā€™m not sure what it is.

(Mark Myers) #53

@AnnaLeeMI Me too.

(Georgette) #54

Baked bacon is the best. I love to weave it and make pizzas with it

(Mark Myers) #55

@georgettestmp7 a weaved bacon pizza crust sounds wonderful! Iā€™ve got to try that!

(Georgette) #56

When I do that, I put the bacon weave on top of a cookie rack and bake it.

(Dave) #57

This is epicā€¦ Too think there are people having egg white omelettes and plain rice cakes

(kimberlynwebb) #58

Going to try oven bacon today! Yay!

(Casey Kalogiannis) #59

Thank you! My wife doesnā€™t get mad at me for getting bacon grease all over the place from frying them now. Also a huge thank you on how to weave the bacon. My go to lunch is now a BLT with the woven bacon and Carlā€™s oopsie bread.

Do you have one of those screen pan covers. They work will to contain the grease splatters in the pan.